Acceptance 4
Reading Access 0
Registered 30-11-2010
Status Offline
Post at 20-12-2010 09:34  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
[Plagiarism] Massage Spa review in NYC

NYC R&T - A year in review:

I'm sure this isn't up to par with u folks in Asia but this is what us NYers have to work with.

Tranquility Spa (29th Street (6/7)): This was my first foray into total relaxation. Saw a 4-hand special being advertised and had also seen reviews on a few websites. It was awhile ago, but my recollection is that it was more like a 3-hand massage, as one of the ladies kept leaving the room. Also, there were a few people waiting in the waiting area, which seemed a little unusual. Rooms were curtained…no doors, and if I recall (which I may not), the walls didn’t go all the way up to the ceiling. The therapists were probably late 30s/early 40’s. Not in bad shape. The massage was decent and the ending was fine as I recall. I didn’t love the fact that you could hear everything going on in the other massage rooms (some guys might want to consider being a little quieter). There was no table shower, but all in all, it was a fair introduction to the hobby. I would consider going back if only for the sake of nostalgia. Don’t remember the exact damage, but it was roughly somewhere around $100+tip.

Ming’s (58th 6/7): This was also an early visit based on web reviews, (and I was probably drunk as hell when I went) so the details are a little fuzzy, especially the $$. What I do remember is that they took me on a walk-in basis, but didn’t seem happy about it. No Table Shower. The rooms were very secluded. The massage table was a little poorly padded around the face hole, which was somewhat uncomfortable. I expect they have that fixed by now. The massage was really good though. The therapist seemed to be early-mid 30s. Face was nice, and her body was absolutely perfection. Probably the hottest one I’ve seen outside of Hiyako. I remember I could see her leopard print panties through her white uniform pants and hoping I would get a good look at them. No such luck. Nor did she allow any roaming. In fact she seemed not to like me at all. Hopefully she was just in a bad mood and I hadn’t done anything to warrant that. She didn’t seem overly friendly anyway. Never got her name and never went back, (and doubt she’s still there) but would consider going again, for the quality of the massage they seem to provide.
Sunflower Traditional Center (51st 2/3): Came here because I was a little confused about which spa on the block I should be going to and/or got it confused with Sunflower Spa. Decent massage, perhaps a little too much oil/lotion. I’m pretty sure they either thought I was LE or they are trying to be totally legit and I was just being a pain in the ass. Had to be really unsubtle about asking for the ending and from the look on the massage therapist’s face, it seemed like she was only doing it for old time’s sake. I probably wouldn’t go back except maybe for acupuncture. Cost was somewhere around $60+extra time+tip.

Hiyako (30th bet. 5th and B’wy): Have been here a couple of times. It’s a “tale of two spas.” The upside: this place sincerely has by far the hottest ladies of any place I’ve been (in NYC or otherwise). Like, smokin’ hot. And generally really friendly. Big ups to the hiring staff. The downside: It is probably the least attractive “spa” environment I have been to in NYC. Décor is clearly not a focus there. And it’s hard to tell exactly how clean it is because everything there is so old. The last time I was there, the lights in the table shower area weren’t working and I’m hoping that was merely coincidence and not an effort to hide something unseemly… And when I was there during the winter, I was periodically scalded by droplets from the radiator steam, which was pretty unpleasant. Overall, it seems to be pretty face value…Don’t show up expecting a cucumber masque or hot stone treatment. And don’t bother calling for an appointment, because my experience shows it won’t get honored anyway. On the other hand, it’s a veritable Whitman’s Sampler of sweeties that you definitely want touching you places, so maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised by what you get. Just hope it’s not cream filled…$65 UG special + tip (varies by consumption)

Nanto (60th bet. 2nd and 3rd): This has been my go-to (in part due to location). In short, it’s super clean and very reliable and an overall nice atmosphere. I’ve seen a couple of the girls here who range from average to cute as a button. Massages are really good, but the table showers can be a bit lackluster. The first time I showed up at Nanto, it was pretty awesome, as I got a gratis bonus therapist (for training purposes I was told), which certainly got me to come back. I never got a repeat bonus, but it was worth a shot. As far as endings go, YMMV with regards to overall enthusiasm and not getting rushed. But in the end, it’s an excellent massage and probably as good (or better) than one you could get at a spa with no extra services. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for an impeccably clean, prompt, professional spa experience with a little bit extra. ($70+tip)

Skyline Spa (B’wy/8th): Easily one of my all-time faves. This place is very clean and very quiet. Have been a few times and can say they have a generally attractive staff, very nice. Great massage technique. I love the tiled shower table, which gives it a nice upscale feel. I can’t really put my finger on why I feel so fondly towards this place, but would recommend it to anyone who not looking for extra mileage (I’m assuming…don’t know what they’ve got going on these days, competing with Fuji in the neighborhood.)…Just a nice vibe. $70 + tip.

Rainbow Spa (34th Madison/Park): I really enjoy this place as well. I don’t know if it’s related to Skyline (they have the same distinct sort of foot pillows and general massage technique) but it would be my guess that they are…and that’s a good thing. Same atmosphere and excellent service. The therapist I had there was a real cutie pie charmer (probably my favorite ever). She gave me undoubtedly the best table shower of my life. I recommend this place like I recommend Skyline. Great massage and super attentive staff. $70 + tip. Due disclosure – my only interest is in continuing to visit. So, not trying to sound like a shameless shill, but these two places definitely deserve to stay in business, so if you’re in either area, stop on by!
Azalea Spa(7th Ave/26th): Very clean. Very quiet. Excellent quality massage and service. Therapist probably early 40s - very personable. Don’t remember the cost (average, as I remember) but it is a decent massage option if you’re in the neighborhood, which I am not often.

[ Last edited by  kaka at 23-12-2010 10:32 ]

Recent Ratings
swan   23-12-2010 19:21  Karma  -4   You deserve zilch
kaka   23-12-2010 10:32  Karma  -10   plagiarism
doghead   20-12-2010 19:27  Karma  +2   U should try Korean brothels in NYC.
atomic3d   20-12-2010 09:40  Karma  +5   Lots of small reports.
kaka (YaYa PaPaYa)
Godfather of Hole

UID 4484
Digest Posts 0
Credits 8232
Posts 4486
Karma 8093
Acceptance 2775
Reading Access 90
Registered 15-11-2007
Location China
Status Offline
Post at 23-12-2010 10:31  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 danbee4124's post

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=933313

post #268 by Mr. Foote

stole another report?

[ Last edited by  kaka at 23-12-2010 10:42 ]

Recent Ratings
swan   23-12-2010 19:26  Karma  +4   Grt mod wrk, 1k for each thread

swan (big titty hg CONNOISSEUR!)
Throbbing Titan

UID 3873
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3989
Posts 2547
Karma 3974
Acceptance 291
Reading Access 70
Registered 22-10-2007
Status Offline
Post at 23-12-2010 19:24  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 danbee4124's post

Db:

Fucking stupid of you to try and get your way around here with these tactics...you're not the first nor will you be the last...so if you want to use this forum to yor advantage, play by the rules....