Acceptance 171
Reading Access 50
Registered 29-9-2008
Location On Your Screen
Status Offline
Post at 1-5-2009 22:12  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Swine Flu and 141?

Okay, it has just come out that the first case of swine flu has been found in HK (according to reports).

Anyone want to speculate what this would do for 141?  For saunas?
Andy1977
Nookie Newbie

UID 23881
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3
Posts 3
Karma 3
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 22-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 1-5-2009 22:35  Profile P.M. 
The flu spreads so easily, and the infected person shows no sign of illness.
If more persons in HK got the flu, not good time to look of sexual pleasures at this time.

Going to be like playing with Russian Routte for the working girls and their clients.
Andy1977
Nookie Newbie

UID 23881
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3
Posts 3
Karma 3
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 22-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 1-5-2009 22:39  Profile P.M. 
Did you notice the government is using the "H1N1 virus" instead of "Swine Flu"?
Guess they trying not to put people off pork....

If the situation get worse, I guess we got to tell ourselves, "Do I feel lucky today?" when we visit the working girls.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21108
Posts 20493
Karma 20533
Acceptance 11497
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 1-5-2009 22:46  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 CanuckGuy's post

For a senior bro here, you should know this section is for reports only !!!  

now I need to go through my routine of moving this to Q & A !

[ Last edited by  twiceAweek at 1-5-2009 22:47 ]

Recent Ratings
Froddo   2-5-2009 09:35  Karma  +1   similar topic going on in "Chat"
Froddo
Erotic Emperor

UID 12094
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2444
Posts 2199
Karma 2439
Acceptance 97
Reading Access 60
Registered 6-6-2008
Location OZ
Status Offline
Post at 2-5-2009 10:02  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 CanuckGuy's post

There is thread going on this topic in the "chat" section. One speculation was "what if you are visiting WG in her hotel and it gets quarantined?".  hard to explain that to the wife/GF.  So I expect some Bros will be nervous doing hotel visits and may just stay at home.  If the hotel has a decent bar you could say you just popped in for a drink.

If it does spread, the 141 walkups will likely take a dive in earnings, condoms won't protect you from that.

One case at a sauna and I expect the Government would do a similar thing and lock the sauna down. Same in Macau, so the hotel is likely to be locked down too.  If I had to choose where I was quarantined I think the Rio would be top of my list.
diuqil
Nookie Newbie

UID 23798
Digest Posts 0
Credits 14
Posts 15
Karma 14
Acceptance 9
Reading Access 10
Registered 20-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 2-5-2009 10:39  Profile P.M. 
I am not a doctor and this is not professional advice, but this is what I've read and gathered...

Just to alleviate some fears, the swine flu (h1n1) is less lethal than the common flu (which evolves annually). The common flu kills 36,000 people in the US annually. If you're a healthy individual, h1n1 won't be something you will need to worry about. Furthermore, older folks and children are the most susceptible to the h1n1. You can not contract h1n1 by eating swine either. Of course, it is good to be sanitary and take precautions.

Hope this helps!

Related link:
http://www.abcactionnews.com/new ... 3Umy0qY3qhp9zQ.cspx
Froddo
Erotic Emperor

UID 12094
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2444
Posts 2199
Karma 2439
Acceptance 97
Reading Access 60
Registered 6-6-2008
Location OZ
Status Offline
Post at 2-5-2009 13:04  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 diuqil's post

Firstly, I want to say I firmly believe that "fear" is much more contagious than any flu, and just as paralysing.

Diuqil,  I think you are misquoting the article. It actually says the "common flu" - "kills mainly the young and the old".

What is concerning authorities is H1-N1 is killing healthy young people and adults, that it is a cross species strain which our bodies find harder to defend against, and it has broken out at the tail end of the flu season when medics expect the numbers catching the flu to be in decline.

The article you linked to concludes the common flu being "far deadlier" is based on the comparison between the total number of annual flu deaths versus the current very small number of  H1-N1 deaths. It's a fair comment, and one that is relevant with the trend towards panic in some quarters. However, if nothing was done there is potential risk H1-N1 "could" become  a very serious threat.

I saw an interview with a senior US health official yesterday and she said:

* Cross species flu strains are considered very dangerous, but are normally very difficult to catch.

* Once such a flu is proven to be passed from person to person like H1-N1 (rather than animal to person), the medical establishment becomes very concerned.

* From the US perspective her biggest concern was if  H1-N1 were to combine with a flu virus that had the genetic skill to rapidly infect large populations, and the US had such a powerful common flu virus last year. This could easily occur if a person was exposed to both viruses at the same time.

* The above is why the authorities are trying to put a lid on H1-N1 fast.

* She did say though that the evidence of H1-N1's potential lethality was unknown at the moment, it is early days and they don't yet have the statistics to measure it. Some of the 5+% fatality rate figures coming out of Mexico were very concerning but not backed up by any facts, and unlikely.

* She said the threshold point for a real pandemic was 2%+ fatalities of those catching the virus i.e. 98% survive. This doesn't sound so bad but 2% was the fatality rate of the Spanish flu in 1918 which killed 50- 100 million people world-wide in 18 months. The common flu by contrast has a fatality rate of less than one tenth of 1%.

The other aspect to all this is there is now dispute about the 1918 pandemic deaths being just the Spanish flu. Antibiotics were not invented until circa 1942 and some medics are saying the bulk of the deaths were from infections and pneumonia that could have been mitigated with antibiotics and modern health care.
mizunofan
Throbbing Titan

UID 14618
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3527
Posts 463
Karma 3512
Acceptance 305
Reading Access 70
Registered 22-9-2008
Status Offline
Post at 2-5-2009 17:06  Profile P.M. 
the Metropark Hotel Wan Chai is quarantined!
ultratoad
Musky Member

UID 22849
Digest Posts 0
Credits 113
Posts 111
Karma 113
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 20
Registered 1-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 2-5-2009 22:52  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Andy1977 at 1-5-2009 22:39
Did you notice the government is using the "H1N1 virus" instead of "Swine Flu"?
Guess they trying not to put people off pork....

If the situation get worse, I guess we got to tell ...

I was coming back from Shenzhen today via Futian Kou An / Lok Ma Chau border and I was handed a government flyer.  It said "Human Swine Influenza".  So I don't think they are trying to "not say swine".  Anyhow, this virus is supposed to be a hybrid swine/poultry/human virus, not just swine.
ultratoad
Musky Member

UID 22849
Digest Posts 0
Credits 113
Posts 111
Karma 113
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 20
Registered 1-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 6-5-2009 22:02  Profile P.M. 
Most of you probably already know this but now you have to fill out quarantine forms going to shenzhen from hk and going back to hk from shenzhen.