Karma 5
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 14-1-2024
Status Offline
Post at 15-4-2024 05:51  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Questions regarding longer date in Tokyo, Japan

Good evening everyone hope you're having a good day so far!

I have an upcoming longer term date planned in Tokyo and I was wondering about some recommendations regarding where to eat, cosplay, and mannerisms. Any insight would be more than helpful as I'm a beginner level monger.

1.) Where to eat questions:

For those of you who have gone on a longer date which restaurant(s) in Tokyo did you dine at?
Are there any that blew you away in terms of ambiance and food quality?
If you didn't take the lead on where to eat did the girl suggest a spot?

Please recommend spots ranging from hole in the wall to higher end dining (limit being like 50-100 per person not trying to get taxed too much lol) Any pointers or insight would be greatly appreciated.

2.) Cosplay questions:

Would it be sensible for me to go shopping for a cosplay with her since this is a longer date?
Should you buy the cosplay before?
What happens to the cosplay after?
Where do you usually go to buy cosplays?
If you don't know their size what size do you go with to be safe? (I'm assuming S)

3.) Mannerism questions:

For those who have went on longer dates did you prepare a gift in advance to give?
Will I look like a clown for pulling up with a Kuromi keychain and a box of girl scout cookies? (It's the season for them and I figured these women in Japan will never know what a thin mint tastes like so I figured I would show them)
If those of you have provided gifts in advance what do you usually give?

PT
pakaolicious
Musky Member

UID 297490
Digest Posts 0
Credits 122
Posts 24
Karma 120
Acceptance 45
Reading Access 20
Registered 14-10-2023
Status Offline
Post at 15-4-2024 08:08  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #1 purpletip's post

1. I usually ask what their favorite food was and go from there. Most of the time I would just bring for a sushi omakase or kaiseki. I don’t suggest yakiniku as some girls will not let you dfk for fear of smelling from garlic. Although there was once I was asked to bring a girl to a ramen store as she wanted that.

2. If you’re already going on longer date, just talk it out with her. See what she prefers and move from there.

3. I always bring gift (didn’t want to come empty handed) even if somehow part of the longer date involves shopping. Just bring what you feel is right, price and other stuff doesn’t matter. Could be chocolates, or perfume or whatever

Recent Ratings
purpletip   15-4-2024 12:46  Acceptance  +1   Thank you for your input! Did not know about the interaction with Yakiniku either! Do you usually wear a backpack to fit ...