Karma 1686
Acceptance 319
Reading Access 50
Registered 16-11-2022
Status Offline
Post at 2-1-2024 06:50  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
TST Freelancers + Crossroads in Wan Chai Question

I've heard of some WGs freelancing in the bars in TST. Does anyone know where exactly i might be able to find them?

Also, has anyone ever been inside Club Crossroads in Wan Chai? They have a curtain on the door and a mamasan sitting outside. I tried to go in once but was turned away saying it was too full inside. Last time on my way to the MTR station after a night out, i asked to take the peek but the mamasan said i cant because the girls inside arent wearing much clothing. Is it a strip club? Whats it like inside? All i've ever heard about it is that the drinks are overpriced.

Thanks in advance to anyone with answers!

Recent Ratings
LittleWing   2-1-2024 07:14  Acceptance  +3   I'd like to hear some updated info but those places used to be a very expensive option...
LittleWing
Lustful Lord

UID 252403
Digest Posts 0
Credits 633
Posts 77
Karma 616
Acceptance 348
Reading Access 40
Registered 9-12-2018
Location New Zealand
Status Offline
Post at 2-1-2024 07:32  Profile P.M. 
Hi @slickric423.

If I'm correctly interpreting the street-view photos, several decades ago there were a lot more of those sort of clubs in Wanchai and TST, focussed on foreigners. I suspect they blossomed during the Vietnam War, but that's a  bit before my time... I have not been inside one for almost 20 years, so they may have changed. The visibility of those clubs  (like the famous places in Bankok) gave visitors the inaccurate impression that prostitution in Asian was primarily driven by the foreign market...

The juxtaposition of those clubs with some resonable restaurants was always interesting. I've had the experience of going to dinner and the women on the door would be quite aggressive and try to physically pull me in... The girls (mostly Thai and  Phillippina back in the day) would talk and flirt with you while you bought expensive "ladies" drinks. Option of paying an expensive bar fine (compared to other options) to take them out. I recall one time over 30 years ago going with a group of guys as part of a stag party and in that case it was a bit like going to a strip club - a way to do something a little risqué as a group without it being too serious. Though I recall the groom got a bit drunk and spent quite a lot of money...   

If you just go in and chat and buy one or two drinks you might find it an interesting piece of history... Please report back!

The TST Bar Bottoms Up was used in  the 74  Bond film, The man with the golden gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8in5-_qTmIw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBw5ed2zuqY
However, the actual clubs I've seen were much more downmarket than presented there...

[ Last edited by  LittleWing at 2-1-2024 07:39 ]

Recent Ratings
gwailoplayer   6-2-2024 13:00  Acceptance  +3   Visited 1992, on its last legs, old fat ugly, overweight gweipo topless bartender
Mister   3-1-2024 16:49  Acceptance  +4   Ah, Bottoms Up: when I stepped in there about 4 years after the 007 clip, the bartender was somewhat more buxom ;-p
slickric423   3-1-2024 02:18  Acceptance  +5   so historical! I shall go in next time im in the area (for the history of course!) . I will report back on this post!
slickric423
Kinky King

UID 285349
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1702
Posts 91
Karma 1686
Acceptance 319
Reading Access 50
Registered 16-11-2022
Status Offline
Post at 8-1-2024 02:57  Profile P.M. 
@Littlewing
So i went into Club Crossroads on a saturday night. They open at 6pm and i was the first person inside, lady told me 350$ cover charge to go in... i said im only popping in to see whats inside as i have to go in about 15 minutes , price lowered to $100 + a free beer. Inside it is very small with just one "bar" area that is facing a small stage with 2-3 stripper poles. There were 3 filipinas working and they werent exactly stunners. The girl i was talking to immediately asked me to buy her a drink and after i said "sorry no, im leaving in like 10 minutes" , she walked away haha. Asked mamasan if theyre available to take out and she said yes, price is around 1k. Might go back another day when i have more time on my hands.

Side note : why are there no strip clubs in HK? Weird that you can have bars/clubs full of WGs but you cant have strip clubs lol

Recent Ratings
HK_Legend   15-1-2024 15:19  Acceptance  +10   Why? See reply.
hkpunter999   8-1-2024 03:17  Acceptance  +8   
LittleWing   8-1-2024 03:06  Acceptance  +3   Thanks for the memories... Sounds a bit slow compared to 20-30 years ago. More options I guess...
HK_Legend
Master Mongerer

UID 279174
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6548
Posts 756
Karma 6346
Acceptance 4044
Reading Access 80
Registered 13-9-2021
Status Offline
Post at 15-1-2024 15:32  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 slickric423's post

Yep, it defies common sense.

End of 2022, one of my Mongolian friends (not stripper but Certified flawless body) started dancing topless on a table in a Wanchai bar
(simply because one guy asked if she could dance. Damned, if this innocent knew who she was, he would have been chocking)!
Riots! Manager delighted.
As long as she was dancing (very natural at that) , drinks (not Corona) were pouring
Saw and bang her before (Report). Saw her after.
As it was new (and her first time in HK), she was not sure what $ she would get. (I was told after it was decent for a first...for all)
I told another one I knew much better (and flawless English) to come next time...
... with 2-3 strippers from UB to replenish the coffer of Mongol Bank.
(there are ~12 strip clubs there loaded with students), but she was too dumb to get the point.
Oversupply in one city / lack of supply in another city.

Weak-form Efficiency Market Hypothesis.

Whatever! They are great in bed, but outside bed, better get aspirin, a lot.
I have no more patience for their crap (not improving), pinked slip several....but to be fair, compared to 2 I met in 2012 (and again in 2015) that would be a downgrade anyway.

[ Last edited by  HK_Legend at 15-1-2024 15:35 ]

Recent Ratings
gwailoplayer   16-1-2024 08:45  Acceptance  +3   Hyman Minsky knows the score
NeilSydney1   15-1-2024 19:28  Acceptance  +3   Favorable
LittleWing   15-1-2024 16:37  Acceptance  +4   
Hobbier   15-1-2024 16:21  Acceptance  +3