Karma 238
Acceptance 132
Reading Access 30
Registered 4-6-2018
Status Offline
Post at 26-3-2019 09:36  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Wan Chai Bars: Not buying girls drinks/Asking for sealed beers

My trip is around there corner and I promise I'll return with some crazy stories! Until then, I have some questions!

I'm punting alone, and I want to do the bar girls scene and I read all the threads about guys getting drugged through their drinks. Here is the question: How common is it to order a sealed beer, and to ask the bartender to open it in front of you? I have to imagine it gets crazy in these places...what if all they have is draught? Or are bottles pretty common? What if they open the bottle in the back room? Should I really be paranoid enough to not drink a beer if I don't see it opened in front of me?

Also, from all the trip reports it seems like some of you were comfortable enough to chill and say NO to any girls requesting drinks. I'm confident enough to say no, but I don't want to be labeled an a$$hole. Obviously, I would buy a girl a drink, but I am not rich enough to just buy them nonstop. Id like to wait until I see something I like...and that might take a while!

If you've got any other suggestions as to bar girl etiquette and cruising solo, please share. Thanks.

Recent Ratings
drunkmunky   1-4-2019 13:05  Acceptance  +3   how did it go? you need a wingman? i'll be in town soon.
RenHonjo6   28-3-2019 14:19  Acceptance  +5   Want to join me? Bar 109 about 12:30pm this Sunday 31 March. Meet some nice indo girls for drinks and fun!
austin821   27-3-2019 04:36  Acceptance  +2   just be wary of the price of lady drinks.
aurufc
Forum Moderator

UID 111346
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3187
Posts 408
Karma 3081
Acceptance 2126
Reading Access 150
Registered 11-11-2013
Status Offline
Post at 26-3-2019 11:03  Profile Blog P.M. 
Reply #1 SlenderGent's post

Don't be too paranoid but be wary / aware of your drinks and bottles are the safest if you are concerned - same as any city in the world.  No need to ask them to open in front of you and the layout of most of the Wan Chai bars you will see them do it.

Same rules apply as any mongering spot in the world if you are solo - don't leave unattended drinks if you go to the bathroom or for a smoke. Just finish your drink or take it with you and take the risk of losing your spot - not a biggie.

If also depends on the bar.  In my opinion, this is my list of safest to less safe - other bros may disagree and the top ones are the priciest.  My top 3 I actually have no problem using a credit cad there but others I will only use cash

Hong Kong Cafe
Escape
Amazonia
Makati
Neptunes 3
Players
Sparks

These are the proper girl bars.  Curtain bars are a different thing and I only go to Dragon but its rare and generally only to introduce HK newbies to the concept.

On the etiquette of Lady Drinks (LDs), you always have the right to politely refuse and my above list is also in order, IMHO, from least pushy girls to most pushy girls.  If a girl in any of the bars just comes over, with or without prior eye contact, and immediately asks for a drink they may be drink whores (girls who just want to earn on their drink tips and have no intention of going for a punt unless you significantly overpay) so I just politely say "Maybe later".  If they leave immediately they are drink whores.

If they stop and chat, there is more chance they are looking for an actual punter.  If you get on and have a decent chat (say 10/15 mins), then you could offer a drink which is not a commitment from you to take them for ST/LT.  At this point, I also say "Ok, 1 drink".  If not a decent chat or she's too pushy, then I won't offer a drink and just politely say "it was nice to meet you and offer my hand to shake - they generally get the hint.

If you decide that you want to do a punt with her, discuss the details during the 1st drink and then its up to you whether you want to drink more or not.  Personally, if I have decided to punt with her, I will do a 2nd drink to build the chemistry before leaving.  On occasion, if they were good sport/company and have agreed a LT, I have taken them on a bit of a pub crawl but make it clear that in the other bars it is normal drinks.

If you decide not to punt with her after 1 drink it's no biggie.  If you want to stay in the same bar, as above,  I just politely say "it was nice to meet you and offer my hand to shake.  If I'm leaving the bar, I use pretty much the same tactic but throw in a "might see you later" to keep the investment of the LD in place on the chance I come back and decide to give her a go.

These are my opinions and SOPs but work for me.

In general, being polite and treating them with respect avoids any awkwardness whether you buy a drink or not.

Looking forward to your reports.

Au

[ Last edited by  aurufc at 26-3-2019 14:54 ]

Recent Ratings
hkpunter999   1-4-2019 22:10  Acceptance  +8   
zennor   30-3-2019 23:14  Acceptance  +5   Very good advice. Although this is ultimately about paid sex, treating the girls with respect goes a very long way.
SlenderGent   29-3-2019 09:38  Acceptance  +1   
RenHonjo6   28-3-2019 14:21  Acceptance  +5   
ramont   27-3-2019 19:41  Acceptance  +10   Excellent
JackTheBat   27-3-2019 11:43  Acceptance  +10   Thanks for the advice.
cookiemonsta   27-3-2019 09:08  Acceptance  +5   Excellent
LittleWing   27-3-2019 06:10  Acceptance  +3   Thanks for the detailed advice!
austin821   27-3-2019 04:35  Acceptance  +5   Excellent reply aurufc.
dakenjiro   27-3-2019 02:37  Acceptance  +2   
xooxer   27-3-2019 00:44  Acceptance  +3   Excellent
Petay_1283   26-3-2019 16:31  Acceptance  +10   great info.
porkchops   26-3-2019 12:57  Acceptance  +10   Thanks bro, you seem to have distilled it down to a precise algorithm!
adrenal
Throbbing Titan

UID 62146
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3860
Posts 592
Karma 3829
Acceptance 627
Reading Access 70
Registered 13-3-2011
Status Offline
Post at 27-3-2019 10:08  Profile P.M. 
you should buy some lady drinks - it's how the bars stay in business.

Recent Ratings
SlenderGent   29-3-2019 09:39  Acceptance  +1   Like I said, when I see someone I like, the drinks will be flowing!
ramont   27-3-2019 19:42  Acceptance  +1   They can stay in business charging $80 for piss beer like all the other bars in HK
SlenderGent
Carnal Conqueror

UID 242953
Digest Posts 0
Credits 245
Posts 23
Karma 238
Acceptance 132
Reading Access 30
Registered 4-6-2018
Status Offline
Post at 29-3-2019 09:37  Profile P.M. 
@aurufc - I really appreciate your response to my questions! Thank you! I have been avidly reading this forum, and you've filled in some gaps that I had a lot of questions about! I took a stroll along lockhart road with a tall can in hand, just to get a feel of everything. Most appreciated is the prioritized list of bars! There seems to be a ton of red curtain bars, which I know now to avoid. I'll be sure to follow-up once I really get to check out the bar girl experience, but I am mostly a sauna guy. Since you said you were looking forward to me reports. Here is my first one about Mia Spa: http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... &extra=page%3D1

Anybody have suggestions for saunas similar to Mia Spa?

Recent Ratings
aurufc   29-3-2019 11:53  Acceptance  +5   Make sure you keep some energy for Maid's Parade on Sunday in Wan Chai!