Karma 4209
Acceptance 1187
Reading Access 70
Registered 18-7-2009
Status Offline
Post at 17-3-2017 17:08  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #20 Thai-delight's post

Several months ago, when the resurgence of one-liners was in its early stages, still uninhibited by any action from section moderators, I began to neg some culprits with -A and -K in the hope that they would see the light. Maybe I was a bit overenthusiastic, but in a few instances, one moderator restored the 1K I had taken away and admonished me for doing so. Discouraged, I stopped rating for a while.

In the meantime, the trickle of one-liners grew into a flood. Many other members began to get annoyed, as threads began to degenerate into the kind of content-free garbage that pollutes the Chinese forum. People took the law into their own hands and attempted to fight the pandemic of non-contributing posts with vaccinations of -1K and -2K. The mods were noticeably silent. One well-regarded senior member even began handing out -5K injections in his frustration.

This forum was deservedly celebrated in the past for being well disciplined and to the point. While members had fun, they knew better than to waste other members' time with insultingly useless posts. How was the forum spared this plague of one-liners? Tight moderation was an important factor, but noobies also paid attention when more senior members expressed their disapproval or tried to guide them in the ways of the forum.

While contributing noobies will always be welcome, a plethora of posts that ignore the culture and guidelines of the forum will inevitably put off contributing members and in some cases drive them away. Who would not be discouraged when his report attracts just a handful of ratings but more than a dozen blegs for a WeChat contact?

Clearly the solution is to educate new members in the culture and practice of the forum before they run wild posting one-liners. Everyone who signs up needs to be sent a PM linking to the forum guidelines and warning of adverse consequences if they choose to ignore them. Every forum, like every club, has rules you must abide by if you want to join it.

Until more effective ways are found to get the message across, I am back to trying to do my part. I'm moving towards applying these rules of thumb in my ratings:

1. Negative ratings for one-liners should be accompanied by a request like " Put brief comments in a Rating. Please read the Forum Guidelines before posting again."

2. Use -1A for first-time posters, unless the post is ridiculously stupid, like " "

3. Use -1K if the poster has been warned before and continues to spew one-line trash.

4. Reserve -2K for the worst cases of recalcitrants stubbornly flooding the forum.

5. If a -1K rating would drive the poster into buggered beggary, fall back to using -2A instead.

6. Don't pile on if the offending post has already received -K. Move on to another one where you can make a difference. It is about educating the poster rather than expressing your frustration.

Recent Ratings
obe   17-3-2017 20:06  Karma  +10   Agree something really needs to happen as it is ruining the forum
joey88
Kinky King

UID 143027
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1680
Posts 97
Karma 1672
Acceptance 155
Reading Access 50
Registered 15-2-2016
Status Offline
Post at 17-3-2017 17:58  Profile P.M. 
Reply #21 Mister's post

Good suggestions....

I think some weighting has to be given but this would be difficult to outline an accurate policy on. For example, I've seen some more senior ranks give useless one-liners but -2K for them won't affect them. They should know better, so maybe a bigger hit would be more appropriate?

I agree- it does seem that it's the newbies who don't understand the system well, but it's because they've not bothered to take the time to read the guidelines.... I'm in two minds about this. On one hand, why not reduce them to a buggered beggar who can't rate? That way there should be more of a motivation to contribute to this forum in the way of reports to earn back K, rather than be able to just ask for contact details and most likely not report... those that put in the time and effort should be rewarded, those that don't should be negged.

There seems so many members on this forum who just take. It shouldn't be allowed to have so much one way traffic here, members should be made to contribute. I'm going off the original topic here, but my suggestion to this point would be to have a benchmark in place for newbie bookies. For example, you have to reach a certain rank within your first year otherwise you're account will be deleted. I've  seen many newbie bookies who joined years ago so have clearly only taken and given nothing back to this forum. I think I'd be far better to have smaller numbers of people who actually contribute.

A welcome message with a link to the guidelines may indeed help, good idea.

Mods- maybe the above 3 posts could be copied into a new feedback/suggestions thread...

[ Last edited by  joey88 at 17-3-2017 20:36 ]

Recent Ratings
obe   17-3-2017 20:07  Karma  +10   Thanks
Thai-delight
Fucking Legend

UID 24922
Digest Posts 0
Credits 11501
Posts 7974
Karma 11131
Acceptance 7409
Reading Access 100
Registered 13-5-2009
Location hong kong
Status Offline
Post at 17-3-2017 20:25  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Mister at 17-3-2017 17:08
This forum was deservedly celebrated in the past for being well disciplined and to the point. While members had fun, they knew better than to waste other members' time with insultingly useless posts. How was the forum spared this plague of one-liners? Tight moderation was an important factor, but noobies also paid attention when more senior members expressed their disapproval or tried to guide them in the ways of the forum.

I don't think this is an accurate representation of what happened. In Jan 2010, when forum posting was at its peak, the forum was flooded with one-liners, and it got worse and worse despite moderation. Here is an example (see pages 3 and 4): http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... age%3D98&page=4
Most were trying to get RA up to see goose's reports. Some of his reports had over 100 one-liners. Why did it stop? Rookies were banned from posting in the Hong Kong reports section (which would later be separated into Hong Walkup and Walkin). If they wanted to report on a hotel girl or walkup, they needed to post in the Newbie section. That is why one-liners stopped in those walkup/walkin sections. Little to do with zealous moderating of newbies. When those newbies reached RA20, they better understood the culture of the forum.
Last year, the site owner wanted to make the forum more open. One change was allowing newbies to post in the walkup/walkin sections, hence the return of one-liners there.

Recent Ratings
stinkyfeet   19-3-2017 14:50  Karma  +2   Omg 2010 reports were superb! Proper reviews and photos!
Mister   18-3-2017 13:03  Acceptance  +3   Fine to encourage more participation, but noobies must be educated, else the forum will go downhill!
obe
Sex God

UID 89973
Digest Posts 0
Credits 24067
Posts 2737
Karma 23778
Acceptance 5774
Reading Access 110
Registered 19-5-2012
Status Offline
Post at 17-3-2017 21:21  Profile P.M. 
Reply #23 Thai-delight's post

So maybe if mods can't stop it, senior bros can't stop it and the forum having an open policy now, one liners will just become the norm.

That will lead to frustration and most likely less quality contribution. That's the last thing we need here.

I better practice saying thanks for the report ching!

Obe

Recent Ratings
Mister   18-3-2017 13:05  Karma  +3   Where there's a will, there's a way. What say you, Admin?
obe
Sex God

UID 89973
Digest Posts 0
Credits 24067
Posts 2737
Karma 23778
Acceptance 5774
Reading Access 110
Registered 19-5-2012
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2017 09:25  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Mister   18-3-2017 13:03   Acceptance   +3   Fine to encourage more participation, but noobies must be educated, else the forum will go downhill!  

Possibly with the forum open to search engines now we may and I say may get more noobies signing up and doing useless one liners and never logging back in.

QUOTE:
Mister   18-3-2017 13:05   Karma   +3   Where there's a will, there's a way. What say you, Admin?  

We must remember this forum is ran and paid for by the Admin.

The Admin has opened up the forum to increase page views and in turn drive more traffic to their advertising platform on 141.
It is a business decision which in all honesty makes sense. If I was the owner I would do exactly the same.

Will it be the demise of the forum? Possibly but only time will tell.

If you don't want your own threads being bumped with silly one liners do what I do and put an RA30 on them or put them in the restricted section.
Generally people with RA30 know the rules about one liners.

The more RA30 threads we have the less one liners we will have.

Obe

[ Last edited by  obe at 19-3-2017 09:29 ]

Recent Ratings
Mister   19-3-2017 13:59  Karma  +2   I've been RA40ing reports to protect the girls. But shutting out noobies defeats Admin's purposes :-/
Thai-delight
Fucking Legend

UID 24922
Digest Posts 0
Credits 11501
Posts 7974
Karma 11131
Acceptance 7409
Reading Access 100
Registered 13-5-2009
Location hong kong
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2017 14:39  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by obe at 17-3-2017 21:21
I better practice saying thanks for the report ching!

This comment of yours is not constructive.

mister: yes, educate, which I have been saying all along. See my other posts.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyway, we have hijacked the OP's thread. Let's go back to discussing his encounter.

After reading that the girl swallowed touristinhk's load twice, I am curious to know if she offered dfk.

I wonder if some bro visited her on that same day, and wonders whether he visited her before or after touristinhk.hehe

Recent Ratings
Macau81   20-3-2017 01:06  Acceptance  +1   she has a no kissing policy