Karma 613
Acceptance 97
Reading Access 40
Registered 2-12-2013
Status Offline
Post at 29-12-2016 01:47  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
King's Club, Wan Chai

I don't think I have seen a review for this place.  It is a Karaoke bar, so I'm not even sure which category this belongs in.

Date & Time: 27 Dec 2016 10.00pm
Location: King's Club, "King's Hotel", 23/F, 303 Jaffe Road, Wan Chai
Service: Girls who spoke English.  Only chat offered, but we didn't try to ask for more.
Price & Session Length: 2 hours, total damage $5,748 for 2 people (see details below)
Repeat: No.  Never again.

After seeing Wan Chai at one of its quietest nights ever during the Christmas period, where the imported companionship seem to have all gone home we decided to try out the King's Club in Wan Chai

For those of you who have spent any time in HK walking around the northern part of the island, you can't help but see the posters up for King's Club, they seem to be everywhere.  The location should be well known to those of you who have been in HK for many years.  There used to be a pool bar on the 2/F which but sadly is no more.  Possibly undergoing renovation, though we couldn't tell for sure.  There is a concierge on the ground floor as you walk in who will help you in the lift to make sure you go to the right floor.  Two of the three lifts were not working so we had to wait a while.

When we got out of the lift, we were shown a room.  The hostess was Ann.  She explained the pricing structure.  $180 per person.  12-year Chivas was on special offer at $698.  Unfortunately neither of us could stand Whisky, so we took the Grey Goose vodka at $1,280.  The girls to keep us company were $650 per person per hour.  Total cost for 2 hours should have been $4,240.

The girls were pleasant.  Their names were Sugar and Karen.  Spoke good English.  Sugar claimed to be 21 years old, which was believable.  We were only there for the chat, and not interested in anything else.  Indeed, the chat was pleasant and we didn't want to ask for any more.

However to say we got a bill shock at the end was a complete understatement.  The first version of the bill was over $6,000.  They claimed we were with the girls for 2 hours and 40 mins.  And on top of that they wanted a 20% service charge.  We managed to get the time charge down to 2 hours 20 mins, at which point my friend caved and paid the bill.  However it still didn't add up, though the calculation error was less than $200, and the main error was the 20% service charge.  I would have accepted 10% service charge as standard, but refused 20%.

So my question to you is what would you have done?  I'll post what we did next week.

[ Last edited by  donkeykongjr at 29-12-2016 01:49 ]

Recent Ratings
johntitor   15-3-2017 07:58  Acceptance  +1   Original
mchk   13-3-2017 19:34  Karma  +4   OMG HIGHWAY ROBBERY!
twelve98   1-1-2017 16:54  Karma  +3   thanks for the info
NeverWong   30-12-2016 21:27  Acceptance  +1   Thanks for the info! The posters always seemed interesting.
etvoila   29-12-2016 07:37  Acceptance  +1   thx, was always curious about this place. ill avoid it now after reading this!
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21108
Posts 20495
Karma 20533
Acceptance 11499
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 1-1-2017 01:09  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 donkeykongjr's post

this sounds like what the night clubs in hk were doing 20 years ago …

if you're interested in going back again :
what would I do ? i would go back to that place again and ask for the same hostess, get to know
her a bit better, then tell her not to screw you like the last time, after which get her to think you're a VIP and ask her for freebies like drinks and fruit platter

Recent Ratings
donkeykongjr   1-1-2017 08:18  Acceptance  +2   Thanks for the tip. I spent most of my time complaining to Ann at the end and she just said it was her company policy. ...
twelve98
Kinky King

UID 28772
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1461
Posts 222
Karma 1453
Acceptance 162
Reading Access 50
Registered 3-8-2009
Status Offline
Post at 1-1-2017 16:53  Profile P.M. 
I haven't been to Kings in about 5 years. Back then it wasn't that expensive but I remember not having fun there and we never went back...

My 2cents.. normally these places won't charge to the minute (ie. full hours only) but I've only been to a few places. My experience is also many places are a set amount for for 3 hrs so every 3 hrs they'll ask you if you want to keep the girl or not. 20% surchage is excessive i agree.
NudieRudie
Nookie Newbie

UID 157957
Digest Posts 0
Credits 47
Posts 5
Karma 47
Acceptance 4
Reading Access 10
Registered 4-10-2016
Location Happy Valley
Status Offline
Post at 10-3-2017 14:26  Profile Site P.M. 
Reply #1 donkeykongjr's post

A friend had a similar experience, signed his AmEx slip as M.Mouse and they didn't check the signature. When he walked outside he rang AmEx and told them he'd lost my card