Subject: Two punts, three women, 10 men and extortion. I broke Rule #1 (Part 2)
dooper
Throbbing Titan

UID 72183
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4307
Posts 513
Karma 4260
Acceptance 937
Reading Access 70
Registered 14-8-2011
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2013 04:17  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Two punts, three women, 10 men and extortion. I broke Rule #1 (Part 2)

Rule #1: Never let anyone take you anywhere for a punt. EVER!

Part 1 here: http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... &extra=page%3D3

Part 2: After a really unusual punting experience with BBS I set out to find a nice bar to hang out and relax. I was on my way and walking about when I heard a small voice speaking English behind me. I finally turned around to find a nice looking business woman trying to get my attention. I slowed down and she asked if I was lost. I explained I was looking for a nice bar and hoped she could point me in the right direction. She said she would take me if I wished. I asked why she would do such a thing with a stranger and she explained she wanted to improve her English as she was working in translation. I was a bit confused since a woman that seemed to be a professional would be asking to show me about.  She was very well spoken and intelligent as if she had been educated overseas so I figured she was genuine.

We hopped in a taxi and in the back of my head I started to think about rule #1 which is NEVER let anyone take you anywhere. In my past experience the only people who ever asked to take me to find girls were shady looking pimps and a shady looking pimp she was not. Not until she pulled out those business card with naked pictures of American movie stars that I could hire for sex in China. I asked her if she was taking me to some place where I couldn't leave unless I paid a lot of money. She said we could go to a KTV and it is safe. I was suspicious but she explained she needed this work to help with her classes.

We arrived at the bar which was not too far from my hotel - only a 20 RMB cab ride so I figure I could walk back if I needed to. In we went and I could hear thumping sound systems so I relaxed a little as it looked and sounded legit. We sat in a nice room with the Karaoke system and all and another girl/mamasan came in and asked me what kind of drink I would like. Beer of course. The professional business lady sat with me as I overlooked the selection of beauties the mamasan brought in. I picked one, my beer arrived and the girl began to give me a massage. Soon she rolled me over and the mamasan appeared and explained the rates. She was also very well spoken and likely overseas educated as well. This put my mind at ease and I began not to fear any extortion.

The massage eventual eventually evolved into sex much like my BBS experience except the fully clothed girls added a bit of HJ before squatting on your johnson in some weird CG bounce.  I fucked two girls and paid a reasonable 200 RMB and 500HKD which seemed to match the cost, sex quality and experience of my previous BBS punt. Nothing seemed out of line. As the last girl was finishing cleaning up I took a picture of the room and she saw me. She bolted. Really fast.

I got dressed and figure I had a beer tab. As I gathered my jacket some big dood came and sat next to me and asked if I had paid.

Uh Oh…

I said I had and then it happened. In came a big girl who was actually quite hot and an ugly Nepalese goon. (Goon is not a derogatory racial term - it refers to unintelligent muscle men who worked for people like Al Capone). The big hot chick threw down a bill on the table and before I could even respond she began to yell at me about how I was going to pay it. Well I began to yell as well when I saw that I was expected to pa 59,000 RMB!  Yes, 59K RMB for a room and one beer. If I was there all night drinking and dancing with 8 girls and buying dozens drinks I could understand that level of extortion. If they were going to extort one guy and one beer that seemed a bit excessive. 18000 RMB would seem like a more reasonable amount to extort.

I told them that amount was crazy and before I could even say I wouldn't pay it the goon approached me and punched my shoulder. They sort of figured there would be a shouting match and that they might as well start it to save time ramping up to it later.

I realized that I had to get out alive first and I panicked for about 30 seconds. Not because of them but because of the shit that would happen to me at home when I would have to explain to my lovely wife why I lost $74,000 HKD fucking a couple of lame fully clothed hookers in Shanghai.

I told them I did not have the money. I really didn't and here is why. Now when I'm in an unfamiliar place, especially when I expect to go out to the bars or houses of ill repute I usually take some precautions. When I left the hotel I only took my room keycard, 300 RMB, 500 HKD and one credit card. I figured if I got killed, the credit card was good enough for them to ID me and by only bringing a small amount of cash I couldn't do anything stupid. Well I did do something stupid anyway and my precautions were crucial.

Back to the issue at hand. After informing them that I couldn't pay that money because I didn't have it, they went nuts. The big hot chick was screaming at me the big Chinese dood sitting next to me was screaming at me to pay and the goon rolled up his sleeves.

I stayed calm and explained that would not and could not pay. The goon came over and punched me a few more times. He pulled his punches. He could have clobbered me but he didn't. It was only to scare me. The big other guy did the same thing as the chick screamed at me.  It was almost comical and they really had no anger in their eyes. These punches hurt but I knew they would cause no harm and that was my realization of how this might end.

We simply went backhand forth about how I would not pay and they said I used their services and had to pay. After 10-15 minutes of this the chick and goon left. the big guy stared and me and punched my arm a few times and kept saying 59000. I almost started laughing. That mad him angry and he slapped my glasses off my face, spilled the beer can and began to punch me. when he finished I sat up, put my glasses back on, picked up the beer and began to refresh myself. It was still cold. I told he we could do this all night so he better beat me up or cut me because I would not pay. My calmness really confused this guy.

Finally another small guy comes in and sends the big dood away. He says perhaps we can work this out and offers to drop the extortion to 20,000 RMB. I said no. He asked what I though I should pay. I said 300 RMB and explained that I could get a much nicer hotel room, with a bigger TV for all night and several beers for that amount and that his filthy room with no bathroom wasn't worth nearly that much. We went back and forth and he screamed that it was back to 59,000. Whatever…

He left and the goon and big dood came back in. The grabbed my jacked and searched it and went through all my pockets. The goon found my phone and and began furiously poking at the screen truing to do something and the big guy grabbed a glass and threatened me with it and punched me a few more times. When he was done I picked up my jacket, put it on, gathered my phone and put it in my pocket and had another drink of delicious beer. The didn't find the credit card and they found 100 HKD and 40 RMB which was to be my taxi fare. I had nothing. I had no wallet, no ID, no addresses, nothing. I told them I could go all night.

The small guy returned and was angry. I had to pay. I said no and he threatened to call the police at which point I told to hurry up and do that as it was getting late. He yelled and I remained calm and drank my beer and leaned back to relax. I put my hand on the big guy next to me like a friend and said if you're going to kill me or leave me a bloody mess you better get started. The other guy then said I don't want to mess with the Chinese mafia and that he would hurt my family. I simply told him he could never find my family. He left and he screamed "pay pay pay" and actually climbed on top of me, held me down with his knee and delivered another dozen of those softball punches.

It was pretty clear to me that hay had nothing. If they really hurt me, a western man in China on legit business, it could have some repercussions from both the police and the Chinese mafia. It would weaken the mafia's prostitution and extortion action if this made the news and of course the government would not want anything that could damage business with the west by frightening people away. All I had to do was wait this out.

They little guy came back and searched my and found the credit card. He asked how much I would pay. I said 2000 RMD. He laughed. He said he had my card and could run it up all the way to 59,000. I said there wasn't enough money to cover it and it would be recalled. I told him he could run 2000 on the card and no more. He gave me my card and left. I finished my beer.

He finally came back and said come with me. I was finally really apprehensive and scared. we went into this room with about 15 big mean looking doods both Chinese and Nepalese. The little guy took my card and plugged it into a credit card payment machine. How stupid is that? There is a record of this transaction. I suppose the way this would work is that they would threaten to expose my activities to my family and that would be enough for me to say nothing.   

Amazingly he only entered 2000 RMB.  I figured he could put the 59k though if he wanted but the machine came back and declined the 2000.  I had no idea that would happen. He re-entered 1000 and it took. What great luck. I could easily explain 1000 RMB to wifey. They all became very nice and sent me on my way and walked me down to the street for a taxi.

I'm still a little sore from the punches but no serious damage and the satisfaction that they could not extra me. I had two punts with two cute girls, a car of beer and it only cost me 1200RMB and 500 HKD. Not really out of line for two fucks in a KTV.

Recent Ratings
hkpunter999   5-2-2023 19:10  Acceptance  +10   
zaptz   8-6-2013 03:04  Acceptance  +4   Glad you are safe, Bro. I admire your guts to make your stand and wait this out
halfclover   7-6-2013 06:50  Acceptance  +4   Incredible, I admire your balls.
sirtiger   6-6-2013 20:32  Acceptance  +6   holy crap. a scary lesson for ALL
bmberman   1-4-2013 01:24  Acceptance  +3   Nicely done!
greypath   31-3-2013 20:46  Acceptance  +1   You are one cool dude Dooper.
nooblier   30-3-2013 12:05  Acceptance  +1   Great fucking story; I've learned from your mistakes...
sexwstrangers   29-3-2013 20:03  Acceptance  +1   Curious, your size vs. the other two guys? Your prior MMA/kung fu exp? :)
sintime   14-3-2013 20:14  Acceptance  +1   Holy Cow! Thanks for sharing!!!
obe   12-3-2013 20:05  Acceptance  +6   Wow, glad you got out that lightly
homer168   11-3-2013 22:40  Acceptance  +4   Glad you made it out relatively unharmed
devilgodspeed   11-3-2013 17:47  Acceptance  +5   great adventure
Petay_1283   11-3-2013 14:42  Acceptance  +8   Wow!! Crazy!!
hunter   11-3-2013 12:59  Acceptance  +10   good sharing.......story for all to heed.
mwomwo   11-3-2013 12:19  Acceptance  +4   good to hear you made it out safe...
theworm   11-3-2013 11:09  Acceptance  +3   good story, glad you made it out
DArtagnan   11-3-2013 10:12  Acceptance  +8   good reminder ... and props for having balls of steel!
wander   11-3-2013 07:23  Acceptance  +5   Frickn hell!! Well played, I suppose, but what a nitemare!
jsmithj88   11-3-2013 06:04  Acceptance  +2   never go anywhere with strangers
wander
Godfather of Hole

UID 40669
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7597
Posts 2953
Karma 7412
Acceptance 3692
Reading Access 90
Registered 2-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2013 07:26  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 dooper's post

Holy shit that is quite the tale.  You did well to keep all your extra cash/cards/ID back at the hotel.  That original mistake of going with her was a doosey of a mistake alright, but I can see how it happened.   

Lucky you escaped with as little damage as you did.  People DO get killed and vanish from time to time in China.
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2013 10:23  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 dooper's post

while you certainly broke a golden rule ...

... rules are made to be broken!!!

you were very well prepared, with no ID, and nothing valuable - and when you prepare so well you can afford to take a bigger risk.

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
bigswingingdik
Lustful Lord

UID 65962
Digest Posts 0
Credits 911
Posts 613
Karma 899
Acceptance 234
Reading Access 40
Registered 20-5-2011
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2013 12:26  Profile P.M. 
Yikes im suprised they actually punched you even if it wasnt full strength.  I fell for the same trick a while back ago.   Lost more than you although they never even outright threatened violence.  Is it possible these scams are fooling less and less people and people are more reluctant to part with their money that they have to step it up a level.  Ive had at least 3 other friends fall for the same trick but they never Iaid a hand on us.
hunter (Real Slim Slapper-Status: 九叔 .)
Fucking Legend

UID 2748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 16230
Posts 12435
Karma 16060
Acceptance 3408
Reading Access 100
Registered 5-8-2007
Location Pussy Paradise, Earth
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2013 13:01  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 dooper's post

I recall, there was another similar case, also happened to a bro in Shanghai.
But good thing, everything turned out ok for you.

Careful when punting alone in unfamiliar territory.

Retired from pussy arena….Uncle 9

JckJr
Throbbing Titan

UID 24334
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3736
Posts 2336
Karma 3693
Acceptance 866
Reading Access 70
Registered 2-5-2009
Location too far away
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2013 18:57  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 dooper's post

Can you recall where this place is? Name, road address, landmarks nearby etc... You should have some idea at least of its general location since it is near your hotel and from your journey back afterwards. Useful for bros to know to avoid this black shop!
meeni
Lustful Lord

UID 60996
Digest Posts 0
Credits 701
Posts 308
Karma 691
Acceptance 191
Reading Access 40
Registered 21-2-2011
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2013 22:43  Profile P.M. 
This is a great story..

The 'act calm so that you look crazy' thing always seems to work on people. This one time I remember driving in the states in a very very bad neighborhood and I hit a car from behind as it was dark at night and there were no street lights.

I was stupid enough to walk out of the car to check it and then out came 4 African Americans with a gun in their hand.

Thought I was going to die so I did the 'act calm so that you look crazy' thing where every threat they threw at me I just looked at them and smiled. Sometimes giggled. But never said a word.

It worked and the men just told me to "go away and get the f*ck out of here".

Hahaha love it!
dooper
Throbbing Titan

UID 72183
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4307
Posts 513
Karma 4260
Acceptance 937
Reading Access 70
Registered 14-8-2011
Status Offline
Post at 12-3-2013 04:03  Profile P.M. 
In retrospect I should have done two things. First as soon as I got my phone back I should have turned on the GPS app I have and started the tracking mode. Second, I should have turned on the audio recording app.

Live and learn is certainly the thought for the day.
sexwstrangers
Erotic Emperor

UID 73123
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2301
Posts 504
Karma 2285
Acceptance 323
Reading Access 60
Registered 26-8-2011
Status Offline
Post at 29-3-2013 20:01  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 dooper's post

I don't really get this. You have almost 2500 karma so clearly you are no noob. However, you totally went off road with the official rulebook. It's really a good reminder to all of us, don't get too complacent!

Shit can happen anytime even in places that you feel safe or that were formerly safe.....so no reason for us to make it worse by throwing caution to the wind.

Recent Ratings
halfclover   7-6-2013 06:52  Acceptance  +4   True but when the small head rules we all make mistakes
dooper
Throbbing Titan

UID 72183
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4307
Posts 513
Karma 4260
Acceptance 937
Reading Access 70
Registered 14-8-2011
Status Offline
Post at 30-3-2013 09:59  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by sexwstrangers at 29-3-2013 20:01
Curious, your size vs. the other two guys? Your prior MMA/kung fu exp?

One guy was about my height (6 ft) and the Nepalese guy was a little shorter. They were each built about as wide as a full sized refrigerator. They certainly had the potential to cause significant damage. I had no physical advantages or marshall arts resources, only the knowledge that I knew their game and knew there was no real advantage to them to hurt me. That doesn't mean that I was safe, only that the odds were on my side and they had no real way to get to my money.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by sexwstrangers at 29-3-2013 20:01
It's really a good reminder to all of us, don't get too complacent!

80% of my punting has occurred in relatively safe areas of HK and Thailand over the last 2 years. I'm still a noob in the punting world elsewhere. I am, however, well traveled and the take the rule #2 precautions I have described below no matter what I'm doing if I'm in unknown territory. Those precautions, as well as my wits, have served me we'll in the past and as you can see by my recent adventure.

What happened was that I was swindled by a really good pro to get me into the bar. I never would have gone with anyone else. The girl was perfect and even though I was suspicious, she knew that and gave me every reason not to be afraid. This should be a LESSON TO US ALL to never break that rule no matter how safe it seems.

Rule #1 - NEVER go anywhere alone with anyone you don't know, to anyplace you don't know. This applies to travelling in general but especially when in unknown areas and always while punting or gambling.

I did NOT break rule #2 (in my book) which completely saved my ass.

Rule #2 - NEVER take anything with you that you cannot afford to lose. Also applies when in unknown areas or punting or gambling but also when partying under conditions that might involve heavy drinking or other stupid inebriates.

[ Last edited by  dooper at 30-3-2013 10:00 ]

Recent Ratings
halfclover   7-6-2013 06:53  Acceptance  +4   Dead right
thekman1964
Nookie Newbie

UID 10878
Digest Posts 0
Credits 49
Posts 18
Karma 48
Acceptance 16
Reading Access 10
Registered 27-4-2008
Status Offline
Post at 31-3-2013 19:49  Profile P.M. 
This reminds me of a situation I encountered in Beijing about 10 years ago.

I, like our OP, was also enticed by a cute looking your hottie from the street to follow her to a bar in the back streets of Sanlitun (Sp).  We ended up in a KTV, and to cut a long story short I was hit with a bill at the end for 50,000RMB!  The services provided for said bill were exactly two x Tsing Tao beers and a peck on the cheek.

When I refused to pay the bill I was immediately surrounded by four goons and the aforementioned hottie and threatened with everything ranging from beheading, slitting my throat and to death.  They checked out my wallet, grabbed the 1000RMB that was in it and threw it and the money to the ground. I was punched, kicked, pushed and threatened like you wouldn't believe.  I was also stopped from leaving the joint by another goon at the door blocking my way.

Like the OP, I kept my cool as much as I could.   But I also had an ace up my sleeve.   20 years martial arts training had to mean something, and now was the time.   Without making a big thing of it here, I demolished them.   The four goons and broad had little chance, and to be quite honest turned out to be more bark than bite in the end.  There was a bit of blood and a few teeth knocked out on their side, and I lost a shirt.  The "lady" unfortunately was hurt most in the melee, something I feel bad about even today.  However some would call it Karma!

I learnt one lesson that night. Despite my self protection skills, i will NEVER GO WITH A TOUT AGAIN!   Things turned out OK for me - I was lucky, but I have heard it going to shit for so many others.   Lesson learnt.

TKM

Postscript:  A few days later a work colleague of mine who knew about my little adventure, pointed out an article in the China Daily.  The article was saying that an underground KTV nightclub in Sanlitun was raided by Chinese Mafia and the staff were assaulted and beaten by unknown assailants in the past week.   My friend and me wondered if I was the culprit:-)

Recent Ratings
sirtiger   6-6-2013 20:39  Acceptance  +1   crazy
dooper   1-4-2013 15:21  Acceptance  +4   Marshal arts envy... Man, I wish I could have done that. Glad you did though.
greypath
Lustful Lord

UID 86754
Digest Posts 0
Credits 843
Posts 184
Karma 805
Acceptance 760
Reading Access 40
Registered 21-3-2012
Status Offline
Post at 31-3-2013 21:29  Profile P.M. 
I was in Shanghai several years ago and was approached many times by attractive young girls who professed to be
'students' who wanted a conversation to improve their English.The scam then was they would invite you
to a friends tea room for a 'traditional tea ceremony'  and of course the same extortion scenario would take place.
Fortunately for me I had done my research in advance and avoided falling into this trap.
My Tip before going to somewhere new read local Expats  blogs.I have to thank ShanghaiExpats for saving my arse.
'You dodged the bullet Dooper' Well done.

Greypath.----[ see you in HK in July]

Recent Ratings
dooper   1-4-2013 15:22  Acceptance  +6   See you indeed.
asurada00
Erotic Emperor

UID 59939
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2360
Posts 460
Karma 2338
Acceptance 433
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-2-2011
Status Offline
Post at 2-4-2013 00:32  Profile P.M. 
What if you invite them back to your hotel? Did anyone ever thought of that?
TheButler
Erotic Emperor

UID 31268
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2606
Posts 2131
Karma 2576
Acceptance 603
Reading Access 60
Registered 18-9-2009
Status Offline
Post at 2-4-2013 09:00  Profile P.M. 
At what point did bait-girl (aka "professional business lady") exit the scene?

I think your strategy of staying calm and non-confrontational may also do more than just befuddle the bad guys.  Perhaps if you actually hit back it then gives them the right to start swinging in earnest.  

Anyway, great story and a lesson to us all.  Glad you're here to tell the tale!

I didn't do it.  Really I didn't.
The Butler
dooper
Throbbing Titan

UID 72183
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4307
Posts 513
Karma 4260
Acceptance 937
Reading Access 70
Registered 14-8-2011
Status Offline
Post at 2-4-2013 10:36  Profile P.M. 
Reply #14 TheButler's post

She stuck around until I had picked my first girl. She kept encouraging me to pick one and even told me my first choice was on the rag. I later wondered why they even brought in a girl on her period.
Weelock
Throbbing Titan

UID 69
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4370
Posts 2576
Karma 4300
Acceptance 1400
Reading Access 70
Registered 19-2-2007
Location Mars Colony, Mongo City
Status Offline
Post at 6-6-2013 15:50  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by JckJr at 11-3-2013 18:57
Can you recall where this place is? Name, road address, landmarks nearby etc... You should have some idea at least of its general location since it is near your hotel and from your journey back afterw ...

Yes I would like to know where this place is too.  No reply yet for OP....any pictures of place.....Which hotel did you stayed at.....

[ Last edited by  Weelock at 6-6-2013 15:52 ]
dooper
Throbbing Titan

UID 72183
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4307
Posts 513
Karma 4260
Acceptance 937
Reading Access 70
Registered 14-8-2011
Status Offline
Post at 11-6-2013 03:21  Profile P.M. 
I tried to make a note of the route back but it I think the taxi took a longer route to raise the fare. I paid about 25 for the trip there and 60 back on the meters. I didn't much care about the higher fare at the time since I was sofa-king grateful to be alive and with an intact bank account. I'm really sorry guys but I could never tell you where it was. I just didn't think about turning on the GPS tracker in my phone. I was too freaked.

My hotel was in a pretty respectable district. I had to walk about 20 min north to find the street with the barbershop girls. (http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/v ... ighlight=%2Bdooper)

This was the hotel:
The Golden Tulip Ashar Suites, Shanghai Jing'an District No. 288 North Shaanxi Road  上海爱莎金煦全套房酒店    上海静安区陕西北路288号

Recent Ratings
Weelock   12-6-2013 14:26  Acceptance  +1   too bad not we don't know the name or address of place,thks for the reply anyway