Karma 378
Acceptance 47
Reading Access 30
Registered 30-1-2009
Status Offline
Post at 18-3-2010 13:59  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
China visas in Macau

hey guys. i'm heading to macau on thu for 2-3 days and would like to head straight to china on sat or sun. 2 questions.

1. i need a visa for china, can i get it in macau and how long does it take?

2. where in china does the ferry take u to from macau, and get i get a visa for china at that border?

thanks.

ruggers15
Erotic Emperor

UID 11575
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2576
Posts 743
Karma 2555
Acceptance 429
Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 18-3-2010 14:08  Profile P.M. 
Depending on what passport you're carrying, you can get a visa at the Gong Bei border after you've passed Macau immigration.

If you're holding a passport that's a little more... difficult (i.e. US passport), then you have to do it at a travel agency or the China Travel Services in Macau. You can do it in HK before coming over to Macau actually. The process usually (in Macau) takes a week but if you do it "express", it'll take 2 - 3 days.

There are a few ferries in Macau that can take you to various places in SZ. See sites below:

http://www.xunlongferry.com/e-pwzx.asp

http://www.cksp.com.hk/eng/home.html#

http://www.turbojet.com.hk/eng/schedule/prd_3.html
marksebring
Buggered Beggar

UID 38158
Digest Posts 0
Credits -4
Posts 53
Karma -2
Acceptance -47
Reading Access 1
Registered 18-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2010 05:48  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by ruggers15 at 18-3-2010 14:08
Depending on what passport you're carrying, you can get a visa at the Gong Bei border after you've passed Macau immigration.

If you're holding a passport that's a little more... difficult (i.e. US p ...

unreal, bite the hand that fees you....without the USA, China would be in financial ruins.

Recent Ratings
SEAJ   20-3-2010 12:48  Acceptance  -2   Unreal-Yank hollow superiority complex
ruggers15
Erotic Emperor

UID 11575
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2576
Posts 743
Karma 2555
Acceptance 429
Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2010 11:13  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 marksebring's post

Goes both ways though doesn't it? It's political bullshit but I guess, in some ways, very necessary. I don't specifically support either side but it's always a bit of good reading.
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 19-3-2010 19:11  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 marksebring's post

Are you an American?  If so, you tend to have the typical American superiority-attitude with how other countries should be treating you.  

Compared to an American getting a Chinese visa, it is many times worse and harder for a foreigner to obtain an American visa.  Take an example of a HK local getting an American visa.

1st, the applicant has to pay a non-refundable fee of USD131.00.  Then fill in visa application form, then arrange an appointment to have an American consulate staff interview the person.  Usually this interview will not be on the same day as the application day, it may be from a few days to over a week away.  You will have to go to the appointed interview in person at the American consulate, no one can represent you unless you are over 80 yo.  Once the interview is over, you will learn if you will get the visa or not.  If you win approval, then you will have to pay another fee of about USD3.00 to arrange for your passport with visa to be mailed to you.

If you are not successful, you will have to reapply again and provide the required additional supporting documents that justify why you are eligible to visit USA.  Plus, you will not be refunded that application fee of USD131.00 you paid earlier.

A non-American getting a American visa wastes alot of time, ie setting interview appointment, taking time off from work to go to appointed interview, waiting for processed passport to be mailed to oneself.  Plus the applicant runs the risk of losing that USD131 non-refundable application fee should their application be turned down.

So in comparison, a non-Chinese getting a China visa just has to visit a travel agency, choose the processing time, ie same day, next day, or 3-4 days speed, then choose single, two-entry, or multiple, and leave passport with agency.  One does not have to make a in person interview with the Chinese consulate.  Go back to travel agency the day the visa is ready to collect passport, pay whatever fees is applicable (fees can be somewhere from USD20.00 to USD200.00 depending on nationality) and leave for China right away.  If in that rare chance visa is refused by China, travel agency will tell the person the reason, then return passport.  Applicant does not suffer any fees for being turned down.  

The Chinese govt gives the American passportholders the alot of hassle so that hoping the American passportholders will go home and complain to Congress and the White House to treat the Chinese and other countries fairer.  Other countries have put in place other hassles to annoy American passportholders.  Check what Brazil did once.  

You don't realize the USA is turning into Fortress America with they way it treats foreigners who want to visit the USA.
sisiboy
Nookie Newbie

UID 28927
Digest Posts 0
Credits 85
Posts 72
Karma 85
Acceptance 6
Reading Access 10
Registered 7-8-2009
Status Offline
Post at 20-3-2010 12:25  Profile P.M. 
how about go to a travel agency in ur country  and pay them to get  a visa for u, or dirctly go to chinese ambessey in ur country it takes about 3 days to get it
marksebring
Buggered Beggar

UID 38158
Digest Posts 0
Credits -4
Posts 53
Karma -2
Acceptance -47
Reading Access 1
Registered 18-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 21-3-2010 00:56  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by doghead at 19-3-2010 19:11
Are you an American?  If so, you tend to have the typical American superiority-attitude with how other countries should be treating you.  

Compared to an American getting a Chinese visa, it is many t ...

We have nearly 30 million illegals in the USA, possibly why we implement a stronger Visa process.  btw, I see plenty of Chinese living in the USA and
some are illegal as well.  I would guess the USA doesn't want to be overrun with poverty.  I don't believe anyone is going to China looking for a hand
out because they will not get one, but on the other hand the USA will offer free health care to anyone regardless of their legal status.  Even more
so, if you are illegal and have offspring the parents will then be able to obtain free health benefits, housing and food.  Also many people who visit the
USA from aboard decide they want to stay and contribute to an increase in illegal immigration.  As long as illegals stay out of trouble, most are not
bothered but the ones that decide to sell drugs, commit harsh crimes and so on are going to be sought.  I believe if a USA citizen were do try and
commit such crimes in other countries they would be imprisoned for life or executed.  Overall, we have the policies in place for good reason.  

In conclusion, most people who visit the USA from aboard from 3rd world countries or overcrowded countries would love the opportunity to live
and work in the USA, on the other hand there is not a lot of interested in USA citizens fleeing to other countries.  So this is my best scenario on
why it's harder for some countries to obtain a visa while visiting the USA.  I can concur that Europe and Canada do not have as many issues other
then 911 protocol which even USA citizens are treated like criminals at domestic airports.

[ Last edited by  marksebring at 21-3-2010 00:57 ]

Recent Ratings
doghead   22-3-2010 00:38  Acceptance  -1   Poor White Trash aren't illegals in USA
testlogin   21-3-2010 19:47  Acceptance  -1   thank you, Rush Limbaugh
calaisien   21-3-2010 12:47  Acceptance  -3   wtf are you talking about???? even for
calaisien
Erotic Emperor

UID 15584
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2709
Posts 637
Karma 2690
Acceptance 387
Reading Access 60
Registered 3-11-2008
Status Offline
Post at 21-3-2010 12:42  Profile P.M. 
Reply #2 ruggers15's post

I'm not agreed with you

people can do a express 3 days single entry visa at gongbei border the day they are going to zhuhai. no need to wait 2-3 days!!!
I often go there with my Australian friends when they want go to Zhuhai

when you enter the Gongbei border hall, just go on the right and go to the 1/F (visa office)
the opening time is 9am-noon then 1:30pm to 5pm (if no mistaken)
just give your passport and pay the visa fee and you can get the visa in less than 30min

the visa fee can be different depending on your nationality. the visa cost for most of countries rmb160, but there is a list of 20 countries that have a different price, US passport is the most expensive (around rmb900), uk, Brazil and many African countries are also in this list, don't know why, maybe diplomatic issue.

but the best and cheapest way is to apply the visa at the Chinese ambassy at your own country, can got a multiple entries visa for cheaper but need wait 1 or 2 weeks.
testlogin
Lustful Lord

UID 27174
Digest Posts 0
Credits 639
Posts 554
Karma 634
Acceptance 96
Reading Access 40
Registered 3-7-2009
Status Offline
Post at 21-3-2010 19:47  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by marksebring at 21-3-2010 00:56
We have nearly 30 million illegals in the USA

Illegals? What the hell are illegals? Do you mean people who don't have their immigration paperwork in order? If you've never been out of spec on any civil regulation (e.g., you have never driven over the speed limit or overstayed your welcome at a parking meter), then you can call those people "illegals"; until then, STFU.
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 22-3-2010 00:37  Profile P.M. 
Reply #8 calaisien's post

Ruggers15 was talking about holders of difficult passports like the USA and others will have to wait 2-3 days.  Also for your FYI, the price list in Gongbei is outdated.  Because I had to arrange visas for American friends recently, I had a friend check the Gongbei visa office and he told me the price list is a few years old and confirmed with the immigration authorities there that USA passportholders have to go through a travel agency or CTS and wait 2-3 days like Ruggers15 said.  

Ruggers15 also pointed out most nationalities can get the instant visa at Gongbei.
calaisien
Erotic Emperor

UID 15584
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2709
Posts 637
Karma 2690
Acceptance 387
Reading Access 60
Registered 3-11-2008
Status Offline
Post at 22-3-2010 09:16  Profile P.M. 
Reply #10 doghead's post

oh really?

I didn't know that the USA passport need to wait 2-3 days at the Gongbei office
as Australian, Nz and UE passport only need to wait 30min

it's maybe because of the actual conflict between China and USA, all the visas for American passport must be approved by the Central government
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 22-3-2010 10:46  Profile P.M. 
Reply #11 calaisien's post

It is all about global politics and respect.

I used to travel with large groups of ppl on private tours to various places.  Though we all live and work in HK, we all carried various passports.  It is quite interesting to find out which passports had difficulties with which countries when it came to getting a tourist visa.  

I think for travelling, the HKSAR passport is the best one as HK is so politically neutral and every country loves those free-spending HK tourists or businessmen.  Even holders of the famed Canadian passports get visa troubles with some countries.  

Every country takes out its grudges on another on many levels.  Sometimes it is done in the UN meetings, sometimes with wars, sometimes with trade restrictions, etc...but it is also done on the visa level too.  Generally global friends are treated better than potential/current global rivals.  

So basically Australia, NZ, and the EU are treated as good acquaintances.  Great friends like Japan and Singapore do not need tourist visas to enter China.  

Used to be the Brits had the hardest time and most expensive visa charges to go to China because China was giving the Brits shit about the whole HK episode.  Now that USA is the biggest political, military, and economic "mafan" (chinese for troublesome) to China, the USA has to pay the most expensive charges.
ruggers15
Erotic Emperor

UID 11575
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2576
Posts 743
Karma 2555
Acceptance 429
Reading Access 60
Registered 21-5-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 23-3-2010 15:50  Profile P.M. 
Reply #10 doghead's post

Thanks for clearing that up!

A long time ago, even if you're holding an American passport, you can get an instant visa. I miss those times... was so much easier for everyone.

If you think it's a bitch to hold an American passport and getting a China visa, try holding a passport from an African country (i.e. Angola).. you either pay a crap load or it'll take forever for them to process it.

[ Last edited by  ruggers15 at 23-3-2010 15:52 ]