Subject: Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll-- Why are the drugs missing?
pandaboy
Lustful Lord

UID 4884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 680
Posts 407
Karma 671
Acceptance 189
Reading Access 40
Registered 21-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 15-2-2010 21:43  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll-- Why are the drugs missing?

KTV seems to (at least in theory) incorporate two of the three pillars of a rock star's life (sex and music), but where is the third pillar?  I've found that people in China seem to be perfectly fine fucking 4 girls in a day, but frown on and give you a dirty look even if you mention weed, which is more benign (IMHO) than drinking.

Is this too taboo to even mention here?  Does anyone ever partake in the bud?  What ever happen to doing blow off a stripper's ass?  Do my fellow countrymen not share this dream too?  Have I watched too many Harold & Kumar movies?

I enjoy a little smoke ever once in a while, and I have to say it would be sort of fun in a KTV context.  Heaven would have to be Chinese KTV, some humboltgreen and a Peter Luger's steak   .  WHY?  Why do you have to put these things so far away from each other!?!?!!?
R_from_Toronto
Carnal Conqueror

UID 33703
Digest Posts 0
Credits 268
Posts 215
Karma 266
Acceptance 42
Reading Access 30
Registered 1-11-2009
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 00:49  Profile P.M. 
Aren't drugs illegal to point of firing squad in China?
testlogin
Lustful Lord

UID 27174
Digest Posts 0
Credits 639
Posts 554
Karma 634
Acceptance 96
Reading Access 40
Registered 3-7-2009
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 01:15  Profile P.M. 
Legally, in China marijuana is dealt with much more harshly than in the US (or similar). You could face the death penalty if they wanted to make an example of you. And in HK, prostitution is legal, so why make it illegal by mixing it up with drugs?

Culturally, I think there's the overhang of the memory of opium, and what kinds of bad folk were associated with opium.

My personal preference is that I love sex and rock 'n roll, but have no interest in any kind of drugs. That's just my personal preference.
TheButler
Erotic Emperor

UID 31268
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2606
Posts 2131
Karma 2576
Acceptance 603
Reading Access 60
Registered 18-9-2009
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 03:58  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 pandaboy's post

Gotta disagree with you there on the relative "healthiness" of weed versus booze.  Y'know, just so we can have another one of those gigantic brawls in here where an answer is never reached . . .

My bias is that they are both damaging in different ways.  Clearly in the U.S. there's a lot of traffic fatalities directly related to drunk driving, I don't know what effect weed has on your ability to operate complex machinery but I imagine that it's not a great idea to do so.

Over my lifetime I've watched a number of friends slide happily down into intellectual oblivion on weed, whereas my drinking buddies are still able to hold their own in a conversation.  I don't know why that is, and I readily admit that this is purely anecdotal evidence and therefore non-conclusive, but it has made me wonder about the long term effects of moderate use of both substances.

And then there's the more immediate physiological consequences: alcohol kills brain cells, smoking tears up the lungs and fills them with carbon and particulates.

I didn't do it.  Really I didn't.
The Butler
R_from_Toronto
Carnal Conqueror

UID 33703
Digest Posts 0
Credits 268
Posts 215
Karma 266
Acceptance 42
Reading Access 30
Registered 1-11-2009
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 05:58  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4 TheButler's post

Thanks testlogin, that's how illegal I thought drugs were in China...Now that it's confirmed, I won't come within 100 ft of that crap because as we all know, the firing squad is possible for any offence depending on the mood of the "People".

I agree with most of what you said but smoking weed doesn't necessarily kill your lungs but it will kill your brain cells. It was reported a while back that weed had a negative effect on the cognitive function of long time smokers, so I don't think it's healthy for you as some boosters like to say.

I've also seen friends slide while on weed. The stupid part of this is, it's usually the smartest people who think this shit is good for you. I've known a couple of people in Law school or in business school who have said this shit is harmless (siide note: I guess it's why they're not in Med school) I do it all the time. Well, you're not doing it as often as those people who are cracked out on this stuff. Sometimes these are even the same people that preach buying only the organic stuff in Supermarkets because the other shit will kill you.

Now I await to be flamed by the weeders...

[ Last edited by  R_from_Toronto at 15-2-2010 20:49 ]
testlogin
Lustful Lord

UID 27174
Digest Posts 0
Credits 639
Posts 554
Karma 634
Acceptance 96
Reading Access 40
Registered 3-7-2009
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 09:45  Profile P.M. 
To find out about the marijuana "atmosphere" in different cities, you can try http://www.webehigh.com and see their "city guides." I enjoyed reading it, and I've never even tried marijuana.

Long-term health effects of THC are debatable. No one is sure whether there's actually physical damage to your brain, or whether it's just the result of being stoned & sloppy every day that takes the edge off your mental abilities. What IS known is that inhaling smoke of any kind is bad for you! (Of course, some people claim that they get high with just one puff, or by eating brownies or using a vaporizer, so that argument can be debated too.)
R_from_Toronto
Carnal Conqueror

UID 33703
Digest Posts 0
Credits 268
Posts 215
Karma 266
Acceptance 42
Reading Access 30
Registered 1-11-2009
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 09:52  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 testlogin's post

It's a good point that being stoned and sloppy all the time could blunt your mental abilities. But can't it also be argued that the since the drugs cause this that you are in fact inhibited by the drugs? I know it's a bit of a circular argument.
kaka (YaYa PaPaYa)
Godfather of Hole

UID 4484
Digest Posts 0
Credits 8232
Posts 4486
Karma 8093
Acceptance 2775
Reading Access 90
Registered 15-11-2007
Location China
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 11:27  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 pandaboy's post

weed is not uncommon in China, but they are not popular.
there are many more popular alternatives..
i will not elaborate more...
the next time u see a WG in china, ask her if she has any "poison"... 毒。
ask more, and she will answer your questions..

but pls note, once caught, u will thrown into jail 15~60 days...
no bail no phonecalls nothing..
empiretjunk
Musky Member

UID 36350
Digest Posts 0
Credits 111
Posts 117
Karma 111
Acceptance 5
Reading Access 20
Registered 19-12-2009
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 11:38  Profile P.M. 
Reply #8 kaka's post

How to find out about the local legality like sleeping aids/sexual enhancers such as Ambien?
agamemnon33
Carnal Conqueror

UID 39326
Digest Posts 0
Credits 458
Posts 418
Karma 447
Acceptance 213
Reading Access 30
Registered 4-2-2010
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 12:05  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by pandaboy at 15-2-2010 21:43
KTV seems to (at least in theory) incorporate two of the three pillars of a rock star's life (sex and music), but where is the third pillar?  I've found that people in China seem to be perfectly fine  ...

China is so much more strict about drugs and guns than it is about prostitution.  Drugs and guns can end people's health and lives, whereas prostitution empties one's wallet.  In Western cities, drugs and prostitution go hand in hand (namely Amsterdam).  In the U.S., most WGs are crack whores.  Whereas in China, WGs are just a bunch for girls trying to make extra money to go back to their faimily in the country.  Possession of a few oz of illegal substance can land you years in prison.
R_from_Toronto
Carnal Conqueror

UID 33703
Digest Posts 0
Credits 268
Posts 215
Karma 266
Acceptance 42
Reading Access 30
Registered 1-11-2009
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 12:05  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by kaka at 15-2-2010 22:27
weed is not uncommon in China, but they are not popular.
there are many more popular alternatives..
i will not elaborate more...
the next time u see a WG in china, ask her if she has any "poison& ...

I'm guessing you get the same treatment if you're a foreigner...
venetiangirls
Kinky King

UID 23344
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1141
Posts 1304
Karma 1141
Acceptance 6
Reading Access 50
Registered 11-4-2009
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 13:05  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 pandaboy's post

possessing drugs are very serious offenses in China. The reason is because drugs carry a higher stigma due to the opium wars that were brought upon them earlier in the 19th century. As mmebers have said, drugs can carry the death sentence and more often than not, 15-20 years in jail for possessing drugs is very common. Take the example recently of an englishman got caught for smuggling a little heroin into Shenzhen and was caught. Even though the british government denied he did it knowingly the Chinese government executed him anyways. If I were any of you guys, dont even think about messing with drugs in China. I come from a communist country, and they're serious about this stuff. Weed, cocaine, heroin, meth if they find even one ounce on you, you're in serious trouble.
doghead (dog)
Erotic Emperor

UID 16705
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2985
Posts 2230
Karma 2893
Acceptance 1832
Reading Access 60
Registered 2-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2010 15:40  Profile P.M. 
Reply #11 R_from_Toronto's post

Just like venetiangirls said, China was willing to without regrets or fear of international pressure to execute an Englishman for drugs smuggling.  Before the Englishman, all the foreigners executed were those from SE Asia or E. Asia or 3rd World.  Now that China is asserting its sovereignty with regards to drugs, I would not be surprised we see more ppl from the 1st World getting executed instead of just being deported from China.   

China is sensitive about its history, because it was the Opium wars that really began the weakening of the Qing empire and the process of the European powers + Japan carving out parts of China, ie HK to England, Taiwan, coastal areas, etc.

In Asia there is no sympathy for being caught with drugs, then thrown into long prison terms, getting whipped, or getting executed because the laws are quite explicit with regards to drugs.

[ Last edited by  doghead at 16-2-2010 15:52 ]
sexpert
Erotic Emperor

UID 6099
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2144
Posts 1895
Karma 2117
Acceptance 545
Reading Access 60
Registered 20-12-2007
Location NYC and Mong Kok
Status Offline
Post at 17-2-2010 20:28  Profile P.M. 
I've had weed in China, it really is junk.  I smoked a few times and it literally was just some type of nasty weed, I once even threw up afterwards. As a kid, I smoked a lot of weed, 20 joints a day neatly rolled into an empty cigarette box.  I was able to function smoking weed, it got me through college and drove smoking a joint almost daily.  I have had friends go into harder drugs, and some friends who never got off the weed wagon.  I stopped smoking after I got married, both cigarettes and weed but on occasion I get some medicinal stuff (very clean without additives) and smoke up with my friends when we hang out.
capn03
Nookie Newbie

UID 12697
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3
Posts 3
Karma 3
Acceptance -1
Reading Access 10
Registered 30-6-2008
Status Offline
Post at 17-2-2010 22:06  Profile P.M. 
It's just a cultural thing, I suppose. If you look around a lot of Asia any kind of substance, not alcohol but weed, crack, ecstasy, ketamine, etc are dealt with much more harshly compared to the West.

A bit OT perhaps..

Sorry if I sound like a twat but look at some of the major western cities: London, NY, LA...they have become dangerous because of hard drug usage in the past 30-40 years (you could almost call it urban decay!).

I hope Asia keeps this hard line so that it never becomes like that!~

Personally, girls, booz and music are more than enough for me!
pandaboy
Lustful Lord

UID 4884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 680
Posts 407
Karma 671
Acceptance 189
Reading Access 40
Registered 21-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 19-2-2010 08:58  Profile P.M. 
It is actually pretty interesting to me that everyone is so negative on drugs (especially weed).  Whenever I've been in HK, I was always around an expat crowd and everyone smoked weed and lots of people did coke.  When I was in Beijing, I've definitely been around friends and they've offered it to me.  Some of these people are very confident that they are "above the law" so maybe that is why they care.

I was asking my friend about a place behind the mayflower in DG, and he said it was more of a dance club with lots of E and ketamine.  He's fucked 500+ WGs, but he said he'd never even step into the place.  Just funny morals.
R_from_Toronto
Carnal Conqueror

UID 33703
Digest Posts 0
Credits 268
Posts 215
Karma 266
Acceptance 42
Reading Access 30
Registered 1-11-2009
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 19-2-2010 09:14  Profile P.M. 
Reply #16 pandaboy's post

Did you know like a Minster's son or something? I think anybody else would go straight to the firing squad.