Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 1-7-2009
Location Australia
Status Offline
Post at 17-7-2009 17:37  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
10 hour stop over in HK,,, need help

Hey folks, next month I'm transiting through HK, arriving 8am and flying out at 6pm, buggered if I'm going to hang around the airport.
I've never been to HK so would love some ideas.

First I'd like to find somewhere to chill out for a while, have some breakfast/lunch, wander around and see some sights.... then I want to visit a WL.

I've read a lot about K-pressure, and it seems no.1 choice in terms of convenience, but I'd like to get a real young glamour for an hour.
Any suggestions?  Then maybe some shopping, looking for some high end Canon lenses and a few cell phones.

Would love if someone could suggest an itinerary that could manage all this.

Cheers!
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 18-7-2009 10:54  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #1 phobot's post

Good to see you've been doing some reading.

Do a bit more and you'll see several recent threads discussing stop-overs ...

With 10 hours, you'll have about 7 hours to play - more than enough.  Choosing is up to you as it depends entirely on your taste - all we'd say is don't make a shortlist until a few days before coming, and make sure you have alternates for your favourites.  Again HG or walkup is a matter of your taste and budget, both are great but HG has a higher chance of getting a glamour girl if you're pushed for time.  

Given that your itinerary would be really simple:
  go through immigration
  straight onto the airport express
  get off at Hong Kong station
  start calling HGs to find one who's free
  walk through Exchange Square, to the Star Ferry, just to be a tourist
  go to the girl's hotel
  have fun
  do your camera shopping, will leave you about 3 hours in hand
  take a shuttle bus from TST back to Kowloon Station
  Airport Express back to your plane

For the shopping, you'd do well to avoid the string of small shops you'll see on the street in TST.  A better way is to go to Harbour City, they have Fortress, Broadway, and a couple of other reputable camera / phone shops all close to each other and competing with each other without ripping people off.  Or if you're more adventurous, go to Mong KoK for the full-on Hong Kong Hustle experience.

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!