Karma 622
Acceptance 15
Reading Access 40
Registered 16-12-2008
Status Offline
Post at 13-7-2009 07:59  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #1 MrHappyMonger's post

Whats the purpose of your trip and the duration man?

If its purely a short mongering trip, just stick to the youth hostel you booked. In Mongkok, there are a lot of guesthouses offering clean premises, but very very small rooms, and prices start from 300HKD. Thats for low peak periods. High peak periods for example when there are trade fairs, will cost you 350-400 HKD.

If its a semi-short holiday trip, you may consider booking a 3 star hotel. Perhaps you could look in the Jordan area, for example Largos Hotel.

BUt usually, a guy on a solo trip can just do with a short stint at a guesthouse. Most if not all guesthouses in HK provide Internet access, wired and/or wireless. Especially useful for checking up info on this site.  For the hotels in HK, you gotta pay for internet access.
sexpert
Erotic Emperor

UID 6099
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2144
Posts 1895
Karma 2117
Acceptance 545
Reading Access 60
Registered 20-12-2007
Location NYC and Mong Kok
Status Offline
Post at 15-7-2009 07:11  Profile P.M. 
Reply #20 timewaster's post

Travel agent forwarded.  The best way to get the best prices are to look for companies that have special deals.  Before I went to HK last month, I went to hotels.com and their prices were the same as everyone else's but they had a special deal, something along the lines of 30% off your total if you book more than 12 days.  The original was 105USD per night but after everything it came out to still 75usd a night approx, I went  to the travel agent that I sent you and was quoted 80 a night, I then twisted his arm and said I can get it for 70 on hotels.com with the discount, you can check yourself, I bought the tickets from you so I would rather you make the money than a website.  He went through his wholesaler and managed to get me 68USD per night.  I saved around 120USD total enough to punt two girls from the King Hing building and almost enough leftover for my 37D trip.  Punting in HK as a NYer is like a kid in a candy store, the shit is SOOOOO CHEAP... that my weekly punting in HK cant barely match one fucking session in NYC pricewise, but funwise, totally annihilates NYC's expensive so so service.
jiebon
Kinky King

UID 14511
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1077
Posts 692
Karma 1076
Acceptance 27
Reading Access 50
Registered 17-9-2008
Location Australia
Status Offline
Post at 15-7-2009 07:19  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 MrHappyMonger's post

good luck dude....try DG for such hotel rates....
timewaster
Erotic Emperor

UID 7180
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2778
Posts 1944
Karma 2755
Acceptance 467
Reading Access 60
Registered 14-1-2008
Status Offline
Post at 15-7-2009 08:03  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by sexpert at 15-7-2009 07:11
Travel agent forwarded.  The best way to get the best prices are to look for companies that have special deals.  Before I went to HK last month, I went to hotels.com and their prices were the same as  ...

yeah. when i read what the prices were like in HK, i was expecting pork chops, but was very pleasantly surprised my first time there.

someone posted this about the HK Kowloon Regal Hotel:

The square fronting the hotel became a cruising area for prostitutes as early evening fell and on most evenings there were prostitutes in the hotel lobby. The hotel security staff seemed not to care about this.

Is this true? that would be so awesome to go to the  hotel lobby and have your pick.
aceman
Nookie Newbie

UID 3028
Digest Posts 0
Credits 89
Posts 77
Karma 89
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 10
Registered 28-8-2007
Status Offline
Post at 15-7-2009 08:39  Profile P.M. 
I been doing some research on this topic because I am planning a trip to HK in late August.  There are few hotels having some very nice deals, but you need to go to the actual hotel website to see it.

hotels.com is a great place to start and pick the hotels you like and than go to each hotel website and see if they have a special deal for the time you are going there.

Happy hunting...