Karma -1
Acceptance 2
Reading Access 1
Registered 24-1-2009
Status Offline
Post at 1-11-2009 22:51  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
"No Chinamen and Dogs Allowed in the Premises"

This is nothing more than a lie being used by the communist party to re-enforce to the local population that China is "different" and not to trust or listen to foreigners.

I've been living in mainland for 5 years and speak fluent putonghua, most HKers don't even realize what lies across the border except for the tier 1 cities like SZ, Shanghai, Beijing etc. Foreigners in China are labeled as untrustworthy, cunningly evil, and in the past the government even taught in schools that "most" foreigners (lao wai, a derogatory term) have AIDS.

The term "no dogs or chinese allowed" NEVER existed in the sense perpetuated by the government and carried on in pop culture. It referred to a SINGLE park in beijing for the expat community, which was a place specifically for expats. There were also plenty of parks, buildings, and places where no foreigners were allowed and this continues to THIS DAY. Most parks also banned dogs, horses, spitting, public affection etc and these things were often listed on the same sign as "no foreigners" and in that specific case "only foreigners allowed", and still today this is used, e.g. "no foreigners, dogs, or other pets", do you here us complaining?? No because we don't have government institutionalized insecurities that say the whole world hates us and we can only trust the government.

People need to do their research and stop listening to "the man". Not only in this case but other blatently obvious cases such as the "white australia" policy. Yes there was a white australia policy, but China has a "Yellow China" policy TODAY - you CANNOT become a chinese citizen, and if anyone here has tried registering any kind of business in China they will know that they have policies and procedures making it extremely difficult for any non-mainland citizens.

So stop complaining about the big bad white people, if it wasn't for us HK would not even exist. Its sad that this same mentality still exists that a lot of HKers had during the cultural revolution when they tried to spread it here, needless to say it would have destroyed the place if us evil white people gave in (you woudn't have the luxury of a free press and open internet, you would be reading government controlled peoples daily and would not be using facebook or twitter for example even today, its us evil white folk that saved every man woman and child in HK from that fate, don't FKNG forget it).  Lets see what happens after the 50 years is up and the "white oppressors and yellow running dogs" have no more influence over HK and you are all beijing's slaves. Bet you will have a completely different view when you start living like a mainlander.

Recent Ratings
SEAJ   5-9-2011 12:43  Karma  -3   Idiot! Definitely need to make u beggar n take away ur posting privileges
jsw663   6-12-2010 01:41  Acceptance  -1   There are Caucasian PRC citizens & Bruce
SpecialK
Musky Member

UID 170
Digest Posts 0
Credits 117
Posts 112
Karma 117
Acceptance 8
Reading Access 20
Registered 22-2-2007
Status Offline
Post at 8-1-2010 13:11  Profile P.M. 
I thank you rushnikus for what you have provided me and my family. Me and all my future generation are in your eternal gratitude. Now fuck off.

Recent Ratings
jsw663   6-12-2010 01:42  Acceptance  +1   Agreed
empiretjunk
Musky Member

UID 36350
Digest Posts 0
Credits 111
Posts 117
Karma 111
Acceptance 5
Reading Access 20
Registered 19-12-2009
Status Offline
Post at 14-2-2010 22:50  Profile P.M. 
Got stopped once in a shady area but all I had to do was tell them my ID was back at the hotel. Maybe I was lucky because they didn't seem to mind after a few phone calls. Conversation was mostly in English because my Cantonese is rubbish.
agamemnon33
Carnal Conqueror

UID 39326
Digest Posts 0
Credits 458
Posts 418
Karma 447
Acceptance 213
Reading Access 30
Registered 4-2-2010
Status Offline
Post at 15-2-2010 11:15  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Punter at 26-7-2007 11:37
When the police call in on the girls and you're there, I've heard conflicting reports as to how things are conducted.

Some say, they just check both IDs and ask for a contact number (or even address) ...

Are we talking about mainland police (Zhu Hai, Sheng Zhen etc) or Hong Kong/Macau police.  Because there are significant differences of how they approach you and what right they have.  With the mainland police, it's anything goes.  They can question you, retain you, check your ID, jail you at any time, any where, and for any reason.  So, the best thing to do is cooperate with them the best you can.  With HK and Macau police, there's some resemblance of Western due process.  They usually question you or retain you for strong suspicion.  Even then, you are protected by certain rights.  The are obligated to give you a fair and representative trial.  Let's just say it's best not to be stuck in either situations.
oscarmandude
Carnal Conqueror

UID 32785
Digest Posts 0
Credits 318
Posts 252
Karma 317
Acceptance 13
Reading Access 30
Registered 15-10-2009
Location USA
Status Offline
Post at 4-3-2010 01:07  Profile P.M. 
Interesting rules ... Mainland police is scary since that have your ass and u have no representative to legal system

and HK/Macau Police at least you have some rights and representative to legal system.

Looks like you are SOL in CHina
agamemnon33
Carnal Conqueror

UID 39326
Digest Posts 0
Credits 458
Posts 418
Karma 447
Acceptance 213
Reading Access 30
Registered 4-2-2010
Status Offline
Post at 7-3-2010 23:51  Profile P.M. 
Personally my experience with the police is that if look like you are lost or you don't know what you are doing, they'll likely ask you for ID.  Usually when I walk around in a hurry and look confident, they don't bother you.  I wonder though, if they are more likely to target foreigners.  In the early 90s, the police were essentially kissing foreigners' ass.  But nowdays police take care of those with money.
tuteman
Carnal Conqueror

UID 32659
Digest Posts 0
Credits 465
Posts 266
Karma 463
Acceptance 31
Reading Access 30
Registered 13-10-2009
Location Australia
Status Offline
Post at 11-3-2010 18:50  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by beta at 27/7/07 00:59
In my 13 bloody years in Australia I've learnt one lesson in life. That is, as minorities, we'll always be stereotyped and ridiculed in white Australian society for however long we stayed there.  

I can't dispute your experience (it is, after all, your own).

But I can point out that in my team in Sydney (I'm in IT), less than half the team is born in Australia, and of the majority overseas-born, most are Indian or Chinese.  Whereas, for my team in China, they are all Chinese.  Similarly, walking around in downtown Sydney, only around half the people seem "anglo".  Walking around a Chinese city, you might see a few foreigners (more so in Shanghai), but away from the tourist areas, I often see no other Western faces.  In my daughter's school, most of her class is Indian - and they all seem to get along just fine.  She doesn't seem to even notice whether her friends happen to be Indian (or Sri Lankan or Bangladeshi) - it just isn't relevant.

Clearly Australia isn't perfect, but it's genuinely multicultural, and, given the sheer number of 1st and 2nd generation migrants compared with "white Australia", remarkably accepting, I think.
p_diller
Carnal Conqueror

UID 14050
Digest Posts 0
Credits 241
Posts 206
Karma 240
Acceptance 29
Reading Access 30
Registered 27-8-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 17-3-2010 19:25  Profile Site P.M. 
it happened to me just yesterday... almost.

The girl in the building was tipped off about the Chhaa Pors coming over to check the entire floor. We were in the midst of our romp but she quickly made a rush to the door and pulled away all the 141 posters + whatever else was there to advertise of her trade.

In few minutes the police came, knocked on the door and she was silent as still. Indicating to me in sign language that she did not have her proper identification and nearly begged me not to make any sound.

We both stayed inside with all lights / phones shut off. They were keeping on knocking for almost 5 minutes and after no sign of life, left.  It was nearly 10 minutes later that this girl got back to her normal self

I asked her what the fuss about was about keeping silent and she told me that she came to HK on tourist visa and if the police found out, not only her but I would be in trouble too.

Fuck.. !!!  But I will monger ! Still..
agamemnon33
Carnal Conqueror

UID 39326
Digest Posts 0
Credits 458
Posts 418
Karma 447
Acceptance 213
Reading Access 30
Registered 4-2-2010
Status Offline
Post at 26-3-2010 11:52  Profile P.M. 
Reply #81 rushnikus's post

That kind of reminded of Japanese's opposition to Gaijin in certain settings and facilities.  In the U.S., the media would complain about how in Japan U.S. business people are treated unfairly in Japan.  In Japan, the media would complain about how American business men would unfairly take advantage of Japanese.  It's a finger pointing game they all play.
Gambit00
Lustful Lord

UID 31926
Digest Posts 0
Credits 517
Posts 233
Karma 511
Acceptance 127
Reading Access 40
Registered 1-10-2009
Status Offline
Post at 7-4-2010 11:15  Profile P.M. 
Reply #88 p_diller's post

Holy, that must have been some sort of experience, were you able to remain relatively calm afterwards?

Btw, did you ask for a refund or discount at least? Maybe that should be a new negiotiating tool, I'll pay you 800 but if a cop knocks on the door, you have to pay me 800.
spazzzoid
Nookie Newbie

UID 42688
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7
Posts 9
Karma 7
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 7-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 8-4-2010 01:53  Profile P.M. 
The police usually leave you alone after they check your ID
sumut00
Carnal Conqueror

UID 41688
Digest Posts 0
Credits 291
Posts 173
Karma 290
Acceptance 10
Reading Access 30
Registered 20-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 13-4-2010 00:59  Profile P.M. 
newbei

want to ask, if the police ask the ID meet on the way back to hotel. i am no hkg People and and forginer
what must i do for this case

TQ friends
chhsasa
Kinky King

UID 43867
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1161
Posts 430
Karma 1154
Acceptance 135
Reading Access 50
Registered 27-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 29-4-2010 06:07  Profile P.M. 
I'm wondering... what is the percentage chance  that a police raid will occur at a sauna?
what is the chance you'll get arrested or charged?

seems to me after reading this thread, that it's very low if you're a foreigner with proper ID (but what if i'm Asian and not Caucasian?)

thanks for any info.
fezmason
Nookie Newbie

UID 49541
Digest Posts 0
Credits 10
Posts 10
Karma 10
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 6-8-2010
Status Offline
Post at 7-8-2010 11:42  Profile P.M. 
great info cheers for the heads up[
malibumalibu
Nookie Newbie

UID 50428
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4
Posts 6
Karma 4
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 22-8-2010
Status Offline
Post at 24-8-2010 21:50  Profile P.M. 
How often these checks happens? What is the chance in one woman apartments?
ken88
Musky Member

UID 49126
Digest Posts 0
Credits 186
Posts 188
Karma 186
Acceptance 9
Reading Access 20
Registered 31-7-2010
Status Offline
Post at 29-8-2010 14:59  Profile P.M. 
What about HGs? With a HG, there would not be any risk of a police check, would there?
rockypop
Lustful Lord

UID 11671
Digest Posts 0
Credits 595
Posts 709
Karma 594
Acceptance 25
Reading Access 40
Registered 25-5-2008
Status Offline
Post at 11-9-2010 15:39  Profile P.M. 
seems to be less likely for risk of police check in HG's because you have the layer of dealing with the hotel which would appear to be more reputable.  it would also bring some bad image to the hotel if they were to get checked.
Schmuckass
Musky Member

UID 3331
Digest Posts 0
Credits 120
Posts 120
Karma 120
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 20
Registered 23-9-2007
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 14-9-2010 17:57  Profile P.M. 
So, it is less likely that you will be raided in a 3-4 star hotel?

HG bait and switch trade off for police check. I think I can live with the bait and switch.

What about Macau? Does anyone know about the police check frequency in saunas and other such fun establishments in Macau?
TrickyJOHN
Nookie Newbie

UID 37272
Digest Posts 0
Credits 25
Posts 13
Karma 25
Acceptance 5
Reading Access 10
Registered 4-1-2010
Status Offline
Post at 17-9-2010 17:04  Profile P.M. 
3 raid experiences to share.
(1) Once at a Sauna, luckily it was before the fun started.  Police came in, turned on the lights, checked all the employees ID.  never said a word to any of the customers.
(2) went to one of those multi-room joints in Mong Kok.  When I arrived the Boss said "come back in 30 mins", police are coming now.  went elsewhere.
(3) was in (a different) multi-room joint in Mong Kok.  We had finished the business, and were showering. The boss came banging on the door.  the girl ran out (forgot her shoes).  I took my time to get dressed.  As my buddies and I were leaving the police came up the stairs.  it was obvious they had been waiting for us to finish.

Their focus seems to be on finding girls working without the right visa.
wasabi
Nookie Newbie

UID 20590
Digest Posts 0
Credits 41
Posts 45
Karma 41
Acceptance 9
Reading Access 10
Registered 18-2-2009
Location london
Status Offline
Post at 18-1-2011 02:38  Profile P.M. 
almost related

has anyone seen the film Beast Stalker?
Early in the film, the lead cop knocks on a 141 girls door (in Yuen Long) and the girl opens up and greets him with the "350".

I think I've been in that building.

Recent Ratings
SEAJ   18-1-2011 02:47  Acceptance  +1   Welcome back to our forum!! Please ta