Karma 905
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 40
Registered 6-4-2007
Location HK/KL
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 00:59  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
It's so much easier to play the part of the oppressed, isn't it? And yet throughout history it was the whites who did, not all, but most of the oppression. You seem to imply the term Gweilo has the same derogatory connotations as "Chinaman"? With your extensive knowledge of history, I'm sure you've come across, "No Chinamen and Dogs Allowed in the Premises" in your history books? Which is more derogatory I wonder, Gweilo or Chinamen? Frankly I'd rather be called a ghost than being equated to a dog anytime.

In my 13 bloody years in Australia I've learnt one lesson in life. That is, as minorities, we'll always be stereotyped and ridiculed in white Australian society for however long we stayed there. So we packed our bags one day and head for HK. The feeling was LIBERATING.

The next time when a local comes up to you and call you names, thank your lucky stars that you're still able to fuck young Asian girls without any racial discrimination.

[ Last edited by  beta at 27-7-2007 01:54 ]

"Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place." -- Billy Crystal
sulasno
Master Mongerer

UID 190
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6524
Posts 6414
Karma 6523
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 80
Registered 23-2-2007
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 07:44  Profile P.M. 
Reply #21 beta's post

how about a post on your experience while living in Down Under?

beta
Lustful Lord

UID 935
Digest Posts 0
Credits 905
Posts 900
Karma 905
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 40
Registered 6-4-2007
Location HK/KL
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 07:50  Profile P.M. 
You're back? No more capricon?

Let's just say I have no good stories to tell of that place. Australia has changed for the better since the 80s , so I heard. No sense in opening old wounds, right?

sulasno
Master Mongerer

UID 190
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6524
Posts 6414
Karma 6523
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 80
Registered 23-2-2007
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 07:55  Profile P.M. 
in addition to capricorn, I got another 2 identities

sulasno
Master Mongerer

UID 190
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6524
Posts 6414
Karma 6523
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 80
Registered 23-2-2007
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 07:57  Profile P.M. 
Reply #7 islandeast's post

would be nice to know the reason why certain sites were pulled down ................

beta
Lustful Lord

UID 935
Digest Posts 0
Credits 905
Posts 900
Karma 905
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 40
Registered 6-4-2007
Location HK/KL
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 07:58  Profile P.M. 
Reply #24 sulasno's post

At least I spotted one of them

Sometimes it's better to remain a tyrant than a nobody

[ Last edited by  beta at 27-7-2007 08:58 ]

Punter
Nookie Newbie

UID 1400
Digest Posts 0
Credits 76
Posts 69
Karma 76
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 5-5-2007
Location Home
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 10:39  Profile P.M. 
I find that the generic term Asian has been hijacked to mean Indian.  You see it everywhere - perhaps they don't like to be referred to as Indians or have a shallow sense of geography.

To be referred to as a Chinaman or Chink -whilst at first I found deeply offensive - I laughed it off eventually as it showed off the abuser's background.  I too find the local HK'ers have a similar phrase for their mainland cousins - Ah Chaan which I find even more offensive.

As for Gweilos, I hear a lot of it used by the Europeans calling themselves that.  What you don't hear is the more offensive term of See Gweilo, Dead Ghosts.  I've also heard of Gweilo being used by themselves to elevate one's status in this society - harking back to colonial connotations.

As for Lord Beta, whatever possessed you to move to Oz.  You know they're all descended from convicts right?  If it wasn't for the Asian (people of Asia) influx of the 80's the country would be just full of (and is still run by) rednecks.

As the joke goes, what's the difference between yoghurt and Australia?  Culture.

Anyhow, enough of the political demography and back to my original post.  So having you ID noted down is fine - be interesting to see if islandeast can recce from his in-laws as to where the data goes.  Aside from the impending knowledge that you were there, I find the whole process is to really intimidate the client with humiliation.  Your thoughts please.

Lastly, on the same topic, would like to know who's been busted and on how many occasions.

Happy punting!
islandeast
Banned

UID 1106
Digest Posts 0
Credits 76
Posts 73
Karma 76
Acceptance 5
Reading Access 0
Registered 17-4-2007
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 11:03  Profile P.M. 
Sulasno, I assume by sites you mean the locations of a few of the places shut down or raided by the police…the most recent was out in Yuen Long and before that there was one in Jordan off Nathan Road somewhere, however, as I almost never go to saunas I really don’t keep a close eye on these closers and/or raids unless I know the place.  Mostly, I just hear a word or two about them at family BBQs from my policemen brothers.  

Like I said before the places that get heat are usually places that were pretty shady to begin with and/or had a lot of funny looking guys hanging around.  I do know that the old San Diego has been under investigation off and on for a long time depending on which papasan/mamasan is working their girls there.  You hear all the time about stories of the ol’ bait and switch there, well that makes people talk and leads to unwanted attention.  In these situations, for the most part the police are after the papasan/mamasan and leave the customer alone going after the big fish rather than worrying with the minnows.  

There is no need to be overly paranoid, just be aware of your surroundings, try to blend in, and keep to yourself you will be just fine.  

To address Punter’s question as to where all this data goes if you so happen to be caught…well from what I can gather without raising too much suspicion is that it does into some paper file for that particular investigative unit for that particular district.  It’s not like CSI or these other shows where you’re in some high-tech data base that can be searched at anytime by any cop from anywhere in HK.  It’s not like you will be at the border or something and get stopped for fucking some prostitute.  The government agencies: IRD, Immigration, Police, etc., they don’t share information unless your some really big fish running a huge prostitution/gambling/drug ring or maybe are some anti-Beijing communist hater out to destroy the motherland.

So Beta, are you implying that two wrongs make a right?  I can understand that your experiences in Australia (a formal penal colony) were not very positive, but having said that, derogatory language is derogatory language no matter who it is aimed at.  Noting history allows one to see the effects of such language and produces the desire to move on in a more positive manner.  Taking the childish position that because “I was called a bad name so I can call you a bad name” is not very conducive to this.

To bemoan and blame whites for all of the world’s past, current, and future oppression is a copout.   See my new thread in Chat titled Guns, Germs, and Steel.

[ Last edited by  islandeast at 27-7-2007 11:24 ]
sulasno
Master Mongerer

UID 190
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6524
Posts 6414
Karma 6523
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 80
Registered 23-2-2007
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 14:08  Profile P.M. 
Reply #28 islandeast's post

thanks for the information

was referring to certain web sites that were pulled down

and I thought the triads already retired .....................

to my understanding, some kiddies do exist because the police force allow them to be around, acting as eyes and ears ( 2 - 5 - kids) ; happens everywhere

beta
Lustful Lord

UID 935
Digest Posts 0
Credits 905
Posts 900
Karma 905
Acceptance 3
Reading Access 40
Registered 6-4-2007
Location HK/KL
Status Offline
Post at 27-7-2007 14:41  Profile P.M. 
Reply #28 islandeast's post

I have never called or condoned anyone calling someone "Gweilo", so do not for one second put fancy words into my mouth. I have my own share of derogatory words stuff into my mouth over the years, and I do not need you (of all people) to accuse me of being a racist. However, just because you have a personal stigma connected to the word doesn't mean everyone in HK must appease you. You are, after all, a minority just like I was in Australia.

Yes, two rights do not make a wrong, but you should have got your facts straight before making unfounded accusations to someone who's probably more sympathetic to your feelings as he has gone through it himself than the average joe on the street. Thanks a lot

[ Last edited by  beta at 27-7-2007 14:47 ]

nikkeimaster
Erotic Emperor

UID 68
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2199
Posts 2187
Karma 2198
Acceptance 11
Reading Access 60
Registered 19-2-2007
Location Tokyo
Status Offline
Post at 28-7-2007 13:57  Profile P.M. 
As long as no offense is meant and/or received, we can all go on our happy ways.
spiderk
Nookie Newbie

UID 4057
Digest Posts 0
Credits 29
Posts 29
Karma 29
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 28-10-2007
Location USA
Status Offline
Post at 29-10-2007 11:47  Profile Site P.M.  Yahoo!
as long as i searched info about HK night bussiness

it's legal to buy one night from gals, aight?

but just illegal when doing with underaged and more than two gals at the same time.

then why the hell just hotel workers are trying to check customers' id? and also badge do that usually?
English
Kinky King

UID 3045
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1112
Posts 847
Karma 1109
Acceptance 60
Reading Access 50
Registered 29-8-2007
Status Offline
Post at 29-10-2007 14:28  Profile P.M. 
Reply #32 spiderk's post

Hotel staff are doing it supposedly for 'security reasons'. But they only started it about two months ago. If you ask the papa/mamasan if there is security, sometimes they will tell you a secret pass name of who you're looking for, and the guards will let you go.
spiderk
Nookie Newbie

UID 4057
Digest Posts 0
Credits 29
Posts 29
Karma 29
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 28-10-2007
Location USA
Status Offline
Post at 29-10-2007 15:28  Profile Site P.M.  Yahoo!
i got it

thx~ for the info
furryfriend
Lustful Lord

UID 421
Digest Posts 0
Credits 993
Posts 566
Karma 956
Acceptance 747
Reading Access 40
Registered 7-3-2007
Location USA
Status Offline
Post at 26-11-2007 19:55  Profile P.M. 
When I was in Mongkok three weeks ago, three asshole cops came up to me and asked for my ID.  I was just standing on the street (near Portland Street) doing nothing!   I didn't speak Chinese to them.  I replied only in English and told them I was from the U.S.  They demanded my passport, asked a lot of questions and searched my bag.  They didn't know I understand Cantonese...and I heard one cop say to another cop (in Cantonese) to record my name.  But the other cop said "forget it, just leave him alone".

So to travellers to HK, remember to always have ID with you.  They can stop you for no reason.  This isn't America where cops must have "reasonable cause" to search you.

[ Last edited by  furryfriend at 26-11-2007 19:57 ]
sulasno
Master Mongerer

UID 190
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6524
Posts 6414
Karma 6523
Acceptance 19
Reading Access 80
Registered 23-2-2007
Status Offline
Post at 26-11-2007 20:09  Profile P.M. 
reminds me of an incident which happened in 1985;

My younger brother was with me walking at 3 am around YMT after supper at Temple Street; 2 policemen stopped us and ask where we were going; We simply told them that we had supper at Temple Street and were taking a stroll home. They asked for identification papers and we said that we did not carry any. They mentioned that everyone is suppose to carry ID at all times. We were simply not interested to continue the conversation. (At that time, opinion of the police force was yucks).  In the end, I  told them to call the management office of the apartment where we will staying to confirm that we are not illegal immigrants; and after the confirmation, reluctantly allowed us to continue our journey with a warning to carry ID at all times.

echo
Nookie Newbie

UID 4379
Digest Posts 0
Credits 24
Posts 22
Karma 24
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 12-11-2007
Status Offline
Post at 27-11-2007 19:49  Profile P.M. 
Has anyone got caught by the vice squad and have to be taken down to the station for further questioning? If so what are the procedure for bail? The reason i'm asking this is because I don't want the missus to bail me, if get caught, otherwise there'll be hell to pay.
jackychann
Nookie Newbie

UID 186
Digest Posts 0
Credits 78
Posts 78
Karma 78
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 23-2-2007
Status Offline
Post at 10-12-2007 15:51  Profile P.M. 
I had the police knock on the door once. I had just entered and had my shirt off. The girl yelled at the door and said we were busy, thats when they yelled back "olice, open up". So I put the shirt back on and the girl opened the door.

They checked both our IDs. Interviewed her a bit. I could overhear the cops asking her questions like, how long have you been in HK, how much are you charging, etc. The cops even reminded the girl to call the police if anything bad happens.

I was relatively new to 141 during this incident, but I gotta say that the cops were surprisingly curteous for once.
Jake (The Snake: King of 141)
Master Mongerer

UID 2553
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5607
Posts 3938
Karma 5594
Acceptance 259
Reading Access 80
Registered 20-7-2007
Status Offline
Post at 11-12-2007 00:45  Profile P.M. 
Reply #38 jackychann's post

Maybe they were courteous because you were there bro.  
thchangme
Nookie Newbie

UID 1194
Digest Posts 0
Credits 33
Posts 29
Karma 33
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 23-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 13-12-2007 02:36  Profile P.M. 
police checks

A few years ago I was in a Mongkok room having a bj, when a HK policeman walked in.  He asked for ID, and left.  The attendant gave me a little more time due to the inconvenience of the interruption.  The girl was not local, we both had our id and nothing came of it..Later I couldn't get it up...It was scary, but the cop did not harass.