Karma 113
Acceptance 6
Reading Access 20
Registered 9-12-2009
Status Offline
Post at 6-7-2010 09:32  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #139 willxi's post

The iPhone 4 is in Japan but they are hard to get. Are you looking for an unlocked one?

Mongering in Japan can be hit and miss. It depends on where you are. Some places will let you in ( Even if you are non Japanese ) Shinjuku is the most popular place but it's buyer beware in that area.
bsnake
Carnal Conqueror

UID 42706
Digest Posts 0
Credits 348
Posts 362
Karma 348
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 30
Registered 7-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 6-7-2010 10:46  Profile P.M. 
If the problem with the antenna really was bad, there would be zero interest in the iPhone and everybody would be giving it back.  Instead all over the world people still want it.
sunmans
Musky Member

UID 35811
Digest Posts 0
Credits 113
Posts 100
Karma 113
Acceptance 6
Reading Access 20
Registered 9-12-2009
Status Offline
Post at 6-7-2010 20:57  Profile P.M. 
Reply #142 bsnake's post

I still don't understand why people want a phone that is flawed! I bought a Blackberry and it rocks! I highly recommend it.
PhantomX
Carnal Conqueror

UID 2818
Digest Posts 0
Credits 255
Posts 206
Karma 254
Acceptance 11
Reading Access 30
Registered 11-8-2007
Status Offline
Post at 6-7-2010 23:02  Profile P.M. 
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the apple haters are coming out of the woodworks ? People, this is a new generation iPhone on a completely new chassis from the original. Like anything else thats manfuctured and new of course there's going to be issues.

Comparing the blackberry to an iPhone is like comparing apples to oranges. I've tried both and the berry is more orientated towards business and iPhone towards media browsing. The blackberry's internet capabilities are lacking at best, but nothing can compare to the BBM service.
flinger
Lustful Lord

UID 4610
Digest Posts 0
Credits 715
Posts 573
Karma 712
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-11-2007
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 6-7-2010 23:13  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by PhantomX at 6-7-2010 23:02
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the apple haters are coming out of the woodworks ? People, this is a new generation iPhone on a completely new chassis from the original. Like anything else tha ...

Maybe, but just as bad are the Apple fanbois. IMO while Apple has made nice products, but its more a status or trend thing for lots of people.

I haven't taken an in depth look into the new OS, I think people with an more discriminating view on things would look at the Android platform. I would even say if HP can get the Palm ship righted, another option.

I will give Apple credit for one thing, they are great at marketing to the masses, and creating that demand that becomes self supporting. Other companies may have a better product, but can't seem to get that message to the general populous.
newyorkcityskap
Carnal Conqueror

UID 26225
Digest Posts 0
Credits 260
Posts 273
Karma 259
Acceptance 23
Reading Access 30
Registered 13-6-2009
Status Offline
Post at 7-7-2010 00:04  Profile P.M. 
I am thinking of buying one over in the states, but I cant decide on black or white. You guys that got a hold on one, which one is nicer?
Weelock
Throbbing Titan

UID 69
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4370
Posts 2576
Karma 4300
Acceptance 1400
Reading Access 70
Registered 19-2-2007
Location Mars Colony, Mongo City
Status Offline
Post at 7-7-2010 03:30  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by newyorkcityskap at 7-7-2010 00:04
I am thinking of buying one over in the states, but I cant decide on black or white. You guys that got a hold on one, which one is nicer?

The white iphone 4 will not be available until mid July.  You might want to pre-order the white one now. There might be a waiting list. If you don't like it, I believe with AT&T you have 30 days.

I am sure in 2 month or so, a clone will be out in China....Then in 8 months someone will find a prototype phone called the i5 phone.  

It seems like there is a restocking fee.

Refunds for like-new equipment returned within 30 days will be through the original payment method and may take up to two months.

•A $35 restocking fee applies to all devices purchased at an AT&T-owned retail store, except where prohibited.
•A $35 restocking fee applies to all netbook purchases, except where prohibited.
•A 10% restocking fee applies to all iPhone purchases, except where prohibited. The 10% restocking fee does not apply if the device was purchased without AT&T service (device only sale) and returned unopened.

[ Last edited by  Weelock at 7-7-2010 04:28 ]
asia-play
Master Mongerer

UID 14959
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5586
Posts 4765
Karma 5545
Acceptance 820
Reading Access 80
Registered 7-10-2008
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 7-7-2010 03:44  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by Weelock at 7-7-2010 03:30

I am sure in a 2 month or so, a clone will be out in China

There is already a clone for iPhone 4...considering getting this phone as a backup when travelling around Asia

http://www.clonedinchina.com/201 ... 4-got-unboxed.html?
flinger
Lustful Lord

UID 4610
Digest Posts 0
Credits 715
Posts 573
Karma 712
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-11-2007
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 7-7-2010 04:08  Profile P.M. 
Reply #148 asia-play's post

Very interesting, and best of all really cheap!

It's says it isn't a smartphone, but has wi-fi capabilities? Does this basically mean can't set up a hotspot and can't sign up for a dataplan, but otherwise it does the rest?
bsnake
Carnal Conqueror

UID 42706
Digest Posts 0
Credits 348
Posts 362
Karma 348
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 30
Registered 7-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 7-7-2010 05:59  Profile P.M. 
What are the international blackberry phone plans.  Is there a fixed price for overseas travel. With an iPhone, using it overseas on a network will cost an arm and a leg. Does bb have a good plan
G-A-R-Y (Tight Pussy Hunter)
Banned

UID 21748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5028
Posts 1431
Karma 4964
Acceptance 1284
Reading Access 0
Registered 11-3-2009
Location The Wizard is: ** IN **
Status Offline
Post at 7-7-2010 11:12  Profile P.M. 
I just posted some photos of the "New Mongering Phone" ;-)

Forget the iPhone, check out this thread to see the best phone for mongering!

http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/viewthread.php?tid=21665
-G

Don't flame me, I swear those insults were supposed to be taken as compliments!
atomic3d
Throbbing Titan

UID 41127
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3282
Posts 2642
Karma 3157
Acceptance 2501
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 8-7-2010 12:45  Profile P.M. 
And the flaws keep coming, looks more and more that the iphone4 is a definite "wait till next year when the bugs have been ironed out" purchase.

iPhone 4 freezes during camera test
        •        iPhone problem not just about bars
        •        Death grip kills reception, says mag
        •        iPhone freezes during video review
APPLE'S newest magical device continues to rack up some worrying bugs, this time freezing while taking photos during a video review.
And this time it had nothing to do with the now-infamous reception problems.
In her first hands-on test of the new phone in Australia, news.com.au's national technology editor Jennifer Dudley-Nicholson put it through some simple paces for a video review.
As reported, the "death grip" killed off as many as four of the five bars of signal strength showing on the iPhone, a problem Apple says is just a software glitch, but which some industry experts are now saying is more likely to be a hardware problem.
While Nicholson had no reception problems, when it came to demonstrating the iPhone 4's camera, it simply froze when she pressed the shutter button.
Some 10 seconds later, it took the picture.
While it might seem a small issue, the on-tape gaffe could point to yet another example of annoying bugs in the new device.
Apple fans are rushing to defend the criticisms online, claiming "hysteria", but it's entirely reasonable for buyers to expect such an expensive piece of equipment to work virtually seamlessly.
There are also reports of problems with the new iPhone's proximity sensor, which stops your cheek or ear from activating the touchscreen when talking.
9to5mac is running one report from a user who claims his phone is hanging up once pulled "half an inch" away from his face.
Yesterday, AT&T added to its woes, admitting that a software defect in its network is limiting data uploads from the phone in some areas.
The iPhone 4 is the first phone designed to take full advantage of an upload-speeding technology that AT&T put in place in 2008.
In theory, it's capable of uploads that are 10 times faster than those of the previous iPhone model.
But where the network is affected by the software glitch, some users report the new phone is getting upload speeds limited to 100 kilobits per second, somewhat lower than the speeds usually achieved with the previous iPhone model.
And according to Consumer Reports magazine, the new iPhone’s reception problems are more than a software glitch, highlighted by patchy conversations and dropped calls during testing.
"That happened to me, and it happened more than once," Consumer Reports senior editor Mike Gika said.
Instead of hiding the antenna inside the device, Apple put the antenna on the outside in the form of a sleek stainless steel border that hugs its four curves - but signal strength seems to disappear when the phone is held a certain way.
Apple executives said the formula used to calculate the number of signal bars displayed on the screen is "totally wrong" and will be corrected with a new software update.
But Mr Gikas said the problem might be more involved.
"In my case, the phone actually hung up on me," Mr Gikas said.
"The quality of the signal was going down."
Apple, which sold more than 1.7 million iPhone 4s in its first three days on the market, called the release of the iPhone "the most successful product launch in Apple’s history".
The smartphone’s success also made previous versions of the iPhone the most recycled phones on the market.
The 8-, 16- and 32-gigabyte iPhone 3G took the top slots this month among those selling unwanted phones or looking to upgrade, according to Sellmymobile, a cell phone recycling company.
Link here:
http://www.news.com.au/technolog ... rfro0-1225889125050
bsnake
Carnal Conqueror

UID 42706
Digest Posts 0
Credits 348
Posts 362
Karma 348
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 30
Registered 7-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 9-7-2010 09:29  Profile P.M. 
If there is a problem why play hide and seek ascot where it is. People should be told where the problems are so they can make infoed decisions.
G-A-R-Y (Tight Pussy Hunter)
Banned

UID 21748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5028
Posts 1431
Karma 4964
Acceptance 1284
Reading Access 0
Registered 11-3-2009
Location The Wizard is: ** IN **
Status Offline
Post at 9-7-2010 10:12  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by bsnake at 2010/7/8 06:29 PM
If there is a problem why play hide and seek ascot where it is. People should be told where the problems are so they can make infoed decisions.

Let me introduce you to Steve Jobs. He's the absolute dictator of Apple, and is convinced that he knows everything and can't make a mistake.

He actually said that if there's a reception problem the you must be holding it wrong. In fact, he won't admit to anything being a problem that couldn't be fixed with a software update.

If God want's to do something, he has to ask Steve for permission first. Apple always prides itself in "thinking differently", in fact that's not true, Steve thinks differently, if you disagree with Steve, you get fired.

Now we know that Apple has the highest profit margins of ANY technology company, and is completely stingy when it comes to responsibly standing behind their products. But the general public is far less informed.

My general position on Apple product are that they are wonderful triumphs of design, and are generally very well engineered (iPhone 4 not withstanding), but that I don't like their business practices so I won't buy their devices.

-G

Don't flame me, I swear those insults were supposed to be taken as compliments!
flinger
Lustful Lord

UID 4610
Digest Posts 0
Credits 715
Posts 573
Karma 712
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-11-2007
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 9-7-2010 10:23  Profile P.M. 
Reply #154 G-A-R-Y's post

It seems like you're saying Apple is the new Evil Empire taking over for MS.

I like too like Apple products in general, but agree the arrogance is palatable.
bsnake
Carnal Conqueror

UID 42706
Digest Posts 0
Credits 348
Posts 362
Karma 348
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 30
Registered 7-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 9-7-2010 20:15  Profile P.M. 
The markup apple gets is probably reasonable given that they are different from run of the mill hp or Dell.  It is amazing the neither of those two can come out with something that grips the publics imagination. That is what apple can do.  The technology prowess at all the companies must be pretty equal.  It's the thought process that makes apple different and allows them to price their products up. That being said the price of iPhone and iPad are pretty reasonable.
flinger
Lustful Lord

UID 4610
Digest Posts 0
Credits 715
Posts 573
Karma 712
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-11-2007
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 9-7-2010 22:03  Profile P.M. 
Reply #156 bsnake's post

Again this has to do with way Apple markets their product. Their products have a premium attached to them, because their products are not just a commodity like most competitors. Apple products are a fashion and status statement at this time. But with any fad can disappear just as quickly. Apple has always been considered the rebel hip cool product company. They need to maintain that for them to command a premium.

While I like most of their products, I'm not so sure about the iPad. I really believe it might bite into Macbook sales, and first to fade in sales.
bsnake
Carnal Conqueror

UID 42706
Digest Posts 0
Credits 348
Posts 362
Karma 348
Acceptance 1
Reading Access 30
Registered 7-4-2010
Status Offline
Post at 10-7-2010 02:56  Profile P.M. 
The iPad actually is just a bigger iPhone. It does everything the same  but is not a phone. It definitely has a niche to fill but most people do not need it.  It big appeal will be of it catches on as a book reader.
flinger
Lustful Lord

UID 4610
Digest Posts 0
Credits 715
Posts 573
Karma 712
Acceptance 63
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-11-2007
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 10-7-2010 03:43  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by bsnake at 10-7-2010 02:56
The iPad actually is just a bigger iPhone. It does everything the same  but is not a phone. It definitely has a niche to fill but most people do not need it.  It big appeal will be of it catches on as ...

It's a glorified oversized iPod Touch IMO. Yes there's a niche for it, but at it's price point I think it's a small niche and don't think it'll have that kind of staying power. After the initial rush of buyers I see sales falling off, unless they get a killer app which can't be found on any other platform.
atomic3d
Throbbing Titan

UID 41127
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3282
Posts 2642
Karma 3157
Acceptance 2501
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 10-7-2010 13:07  Profile P.M. 
Scoopertino points Apple in right direction with solution to 'death grip woes' - iHand
        •        iHand can extend to 60cm
        •        Except it's not real...
        •        "Not an Apple offering," says Apple
APPLE have copped significant flack over their newly released iPhone 4s signal problems but the technology world has been quick to formulate its own solution - the iHand.
In a tongue-in-cheek blog, Scoopertino announced Apple was seeking to overcome the phone's unique antenna design by using a mannequin to hold the device.
According to the site, the iHand is made from European beechwood, is swine flu proof and also comes with adjustable fingers to allow for maximum comfort.
“You can grip iHand either of two ways: by placing your fingers around its palm, or by grasping the aluminized Extender that telescopes from the wrist socket,” Scoopertino reported.
The Extender adds up to 60cm of reach and can even be used to hold the iPhone up to another person's ear.
With its flexible, hygienic and simple design (it doesn’t even require a manual), users can “grip without fear,” as the products slogan suggests, and be ensured of a phone call uninterrupted by reception problems.
Earlier in the month, Apple admitted that the formula used to calculate iPhone signal strength was totally wrong.
“Users observing a drop of several bars when they grip their iPhone in a certain way are most likely in an area with very weak signal strength, but they don’t know it because we are erroneously displaying 4 or 5 bars." it said.
“Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place."
While a software fix is underway, the iHand can be bought for only US$69 and comes in an assortment of pigmentations such as Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian and Kermit.
If you hold out until the end of July, third-party skins like beauty marks, scars and a hairy hand will also be available.
Alternatively, iPhone 4 owners can purchase a rubber bumper frame that Apple officially sells for $US30.
Co-founder of Scoopertino, Ken Segall, told news.com.au their offices have been “buzzing with excitement” over the iHand.
“With so much controversy surrounding iPhone 4's antenna design, we set out to find the funniest angle on this topic.
“Since the reception problems occurred when the phone was grasped by the human hand, an artificial hand sounded like the most appropriate (and most absurd) solution,” Segall said.
When contacted regarding the iHand, Apple stressed “the (iHand) product … is not an Apple offering.”
Scoopertino was started by Segall and Michael Rylander, both veterans of Apple’s ad agency, TBWA/Chiat/Day.
Both were even involved in the Think different campaign that marked Steve Jobs’ return to the company, but Segall said they couldn't resist having a poke at their former employer.
“Nobody loves Apple more than we do,” Segall said.
“We’re addicted to the technology, and we admire the Apple spirit.
"But the headlines coming from Apple are so consistently amazing, we can’t resist giving them that extra twist, just for the fun of it.”
Link here:
http://www.news.com.au/technolog ... rfro0-1225890127887

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments