Subject: [USA][CA][San Jose] What are the risks with k-org screening?
yoloedge
Lustful Lord

UID 302317
Digest Posts 0
Credits 846
Posts 37
Karma 837
Acceptance 171
Reading Access 40
Registered 21-2-2024
Status Offline
Post at 27-2-2024 06:43  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
[USA][CA][San Jose] What are the risks with k-org screening?

Fellow mongers, just jumping into this hobby. What is the purpose of screening and how risky is it?

I've noticed all the k-orgs seem to require screening of some sort. A selfie picture or even a paystub or work ID badge and WG references. What do the orgs do with the info and how on earth would it actually help protect them? Do they truly delete the material after screening you like they claim? If not, would there be any legal repercussions if LE busted one of these orgs and they found your contact? Or is it all circumstantial? Should one be worried about blackmail or other nefarious uses?

[ Last edited by  yoloedge at 27-2-2024 06:52 ]

Recent Ratings
quemseja   10-3-2024 13:14  Acceptance  +4   3rd party or LE getting the info, blackmail. I think those are the main concerns
Evolved   28-2-2024 07:23  Acceptance  +3   Seems crazy to me to provide the info.
flypiggy
Nookie Newbie

UID 120719
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5
Posts 3
Karma 5
Acceptance 0
Reading Access 10
Registered 19-8-2014
Status Online
Post at 4-3-2024 12:46  Profile P.M. 
Not sure, but it is crazy to provide these info. Any bro knows better idea for the screening?
jdman
Kinky King

UID 272074
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1152
Posts 98
Karma 1127
Acceptance 497
Reading Access 50
Registered 6-1-2021
Status Offline
Post at 7-3-2024 00:00  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 yoloedge's post

Risk is dependent on just how much info you provide.

From what I've read in the Bay Area, most orgs will allow you to blackout address and numbers.
Some will also allow you to block out the name.
This was for a DL.

Only info I've ever seen regarding paychecks being used were from punters who didn't care, so it was just a "I sent it, got verified, and paid a visit"

If you believe the orgs, they delete it once verified.  I know one org that said they delete after the first appointment is done.

As for why?  I have a couple of ideas.  Top two being
* Gives them an idea of what to let the girl look for.  If some short white guy shows up when the ID was for a black guy, don't open then the door.
* Quick check against some industry/network blacklist (I'm pretty sure these exist in some form)

There was one lady I really wanted to see purely on looks.  No reports available under the name and was listed as new to the area.
Org wanted DL, but I countered with a work ID.

I sent a photo of a badge from a former employer that was just name, photo, and company logo.
Nothing else on it.
Even better, it was an older badge, as the company moved to a different system that used NFC, so that particular card was not even current.

I figured, even if LE were to get a hold of it, I can always claim someone must have taken a photo of it and been using it without my knowledge.
I even took the photo using your typical generic wood veneer office desk as the backdrop.

Recent Ratings
evade82   19-3-2024 00:38  Acceptance  +1   Love the plausible deny-ability of using an old ID
yoloedge   17-3-2024 15:08  Acceptance  +3   That’s pretty smart about the old ID. You could even PS it these days
gg1234   12-3-2024 07:12  Acceptance  +5   
Susanlixxx   10-3-2024 21:32  Acceptance  +5   Damn JD. I should have kept my old work ID.
420fartmaster69
Lustful Lord

UID 300540
Digest Posts 0
Credits 774
Posts 48
Karma 762
Acceptance 244
Reading Access 40
Registered 4-1-2024
Status Offline
Post at 12-3-2024 00:15  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by yoloedge at 27-2-2024 06:43
Fellow mongers, just jumping into this hobby. What is the purpose of screening and how risky is it?

I've noticed all the k-orgs seem to require screening of some sort. A selfie picture or even a pays ...

i don't think i've ever heard of kgirls having security anywhere in easy reach. your ID etc is literally the only guarantee the girls have that you aren't gonna rob them or worse

Recent Ratings
yoloedge   17-3-2024 15:09  Acceptance  +3   
gg1234   12-3-2024 07:12  Acceptance  +3   
evade82
Musky Member

UID 301312
Digest Posts 0
Credits 162
Posts 25
Karma 157
Acceptance 93
Reading Access 20
Registered 23-1-2024
Location Easy Bay, CA, USA
Status Offline
Post at 16-3-2024 07:09  Profile P.M. 
Screening is a necessary evil.  afaik you’re not going to be able to use any bay area org without some kind of screening so you gotta ask yourself if its worth the risk.  To reduce the risk, heres what I do…

- use a separate phone / SIM / number for mongering.  all mongering stuff happens on this phone, nothing on my main phone.  leave this phone on silent all the time and turned off when youre not mongering.  so it doesnt matter if they got your phone number

- redact any information that someone could use to track me to home or work.  so - if they want paystub, im redacting employee number, employer name etc.  ID?  redacting address.  Linkedin?  hard no.   Thats been OK so far but if I ever come across an org that insists on knowing exactly where I live or work, i will not be using that org.

- fortunately I have a pretty common name.  There are probably 50 people in the bay with the same name, so im ok giving my real name.

Still not risk-free but acceptable given that the choice is either screening or no k-orgs

Recent Ratings
yoloedge   17-3-2024 15:20  Acceptance  +3   Redacting employer seems contrary to point of asking for pay stub, but I’ll have to try that