Subject: Are the red curtain bars in Wanchai gone forever?
hulk2211
Kinky King

UID 26740
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1638
Posts 303
Karma 1607
Acceptance 623
Reading Access 50
Registered 23-6-2009
Location Oregon
Status Offline
Post at 24-7-2023 01:13  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Are the red curtain bars in Wanchai gone forever?

Just curious if anyone has any insight on this.  Borders have been open for a while now and the red curtain bars are still closed.  Anybody have any insider knowledge on whether they will be revived or if they are permanently gone?

No need to comment on what you thought of them (ripoff joints or whatever).  We all know what they were.  Just want to know if anyone knows of any plans to start them up again.  Thanks.
BobDavies
Nookie Newbie

UID 268744
Digest Posts 0
Credits 20
Posts 13
Karma 18
Acceptance 42
Reading Access 10
Registered 9-9-2020
Location Hong Kong
Status Offline
Post at 24-7-2023 05:06  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 hulk2211's post

They are gone forever. Been closed for two or three years now. I see that one (Crossroads) still has its sign up, but my understanding is that PI is not allowing any ‘dancers’ visas.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21109
Posts 20496
Karma 20534
Acceptance 11499
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 24-7-2023 18:24  Profile P.M. 
even before covid these places were dying,

Recent Ratings
sam_smith   29-9-2023 22:50  Acceptance  +8   True
RearAdmiral
Nookie Newbie

UID 296945
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1
Posts 3
Karma 0
Acceptance 23
Reading Access 10
Registered 29-9-2023
Location Seoul, Korea
Status Offline
Post at 29-9-2023 21:50  Profile P.M. 
Requiem for Bygone Days in Lockhart Road Curtain Bars

I mourn the departure of these bars bitterly. Contra the assertions that the curtain bars were "ripoff joints" (the hell they were), over an extended period of decades, I found the Lockhart Road currtain bars to be incredible value and some of the most incredibly libertine experiences of my life. I have no idea how I will ever recapture those experiences.

I first came to Hong Kong in 1992 while I was in the US Navy. At that time those bars, although as always substantially more expensive than many other get-pussy opportunities in Hong Kong, on an absolute basis they remained cheap.

I first eturned to Hong Kong on a business trip in 2001 and found Lockhart Road a rollicking, heaving good time, but I was still unaware of its thinly-veiled depravity. (I was naive.) Since then I have returned to Hong Kong on business trips three to four times a year through November 2019, after which all travel stopped. Since those bars were primarily aimed at tourist trade and some local expats, three years of no tourists, no business travellers, no visiting US Navy port calls, it was inevitable we would lose the curtain bars.

Dear God, I miss them. Why? Why did I think they were great value? Drugs. Starting around 2010 I had settled into comfortable familiarity with Dragon Club, Rhine, and San Francisco and their ownership and management. Casual visitors may or may not have known, but nearly 100% of the Filipina, Thai, and occasional Viet girls in those three bars smoked crystal meth, perhaps out of boredom. I don't know if the mamasan supplied them in order to control the workforce. There was always at least one jankety water pipe with a few points of crystal hanging around in the bowl, stashed somewhere close at hand but out of the wa, so that random police inspectors could pretend not to notice them.

I was naive the first decade I'd been going to these bars, but somehow, someone cracked the code and supplied me with some drugs to go with the sex — but it was a revelation! From 2010, the minute I strolled in to these bars, someone would stuff the meth pipe in my face, whispering "Ice, ice, baby" as her coworker tugged down my pants.

For every HK$3000 I would spend, somehow a gram of something would drop on me and the girls with whom I was partying in the back of the bar, for us to gobble up and keep the party rolling. Waves of whores would wash over me for exactly HK$1000 per interval of 45-60 minutes over the course of about 12 hours starting after lunch. By dinnertime I would become an animal, my higher cognitive functioning overwhelmed by dopamine release. Dripping n sweat, and flailing away at a flaccid cock which, despite being out of order, demanded — and got! — continuous sucking, I would regularly barge out of the back of the bar stark naked, pulling on my flaming red, chapped cock, and announcing to bemused tourists and expats "More whores! And I sure did get them.

If ever we ran out of drugs back in the hotel room, the girls would make a quick phone call back to the bar, and one of those little old Chinese lady touts would roll in, grinning and pointing at me standing there stark naked, and then drop to their knees and suck my cock a few minutes. Unusual, but they were still women, after all, entitled to demonstrate that they still knew their way around a man's cock.

One crazed night at Rhine, I grabbed the hips of the late-30/early 40-ish bartender/manager Christine (Sweet Christine, how i miss you!) and declared I wanted to eat her pussy and suck her asshole. Well, she shimmied out of her jeans and let me chow down right there in the front of the house. On later visits, Christine and I started regularly fucking in the back of the bar to kick off the night's festivities. I never did fuck her ass (good gracious, how I wanted to) but I was able to direct some of those Thai girls to bury their tongues in civilian coworker Christine's anus for a few seconds each. Then sometimes at the end of the night, Christine would walk me over to the Ming Court and check me in. I have no idea if I paid for these rooms or if Rhine did. They must've had a deal.

Christine once, around 2015, shortly before she "went back to the mainland" (who can say if this was the real reason for her disappearance — did this lovely woman get sent to jail?) dragged me out of Rhine to deposit me on a mattress at the Ming Court, assembling a posse of eight Rhine girls (mostly Thais), one unidentified but cute Filiipina stranger, and herself in a circle around me as sweat coursed off my body, and all ten of them removed their clothing to piss on me. Apparently Christine paid everyone a nominal HK$100 each to give me this treatment; I don't know if it was my idea, whacked-out on the drugs, or hers. But on balance it wasn't horrible.

I found out that for some people, this is their fetish and a real turn-on, to slurp up piss dripping from a woman's bush (Christine's, of course) and taste its bitterness. Under the influence, there are women, ordinary women, who will demand that you jam your cock into their throat and commence pissing. I wonder if that was what Christine wanted but never vocalized.

Later on, I got a little more professional and disciplined about all this partying, and would just show up around 9:00, lay down HK$6000 and walk out with two gorgeous whores and two — later three — grams of whatever, "on the house". Around 1:00 a.m., additional girls, and sometimes s sheepish customer they'd just finished fucking, would drift over to get some free candy, and stick around to fuck for a nominal HK$1000 and orgasms from booty bumping and then we would party in my hotel room until 9:00 or 10:00 the next morning, hoovering up fat rails of complimentary cocaine, sucking down clouds of free meth from one of the waterpipes that mysteriously followed us over from the bar.

For almost 20 years, all of this depravity, a scant five-minute walk away from my business-trip hotel.would cost me between US$1000 and US$2000 per night. I could hardly have replaced these experiences at those price points anywhere else on Earth. And I have a network of familiar whores in Manila, Angeles City, Bangkok, and Phuket with whom I still keep in touch. They know exactly what I want and there are no awkward, probing conversations to determine whether one has picked up or taken out a star or a dud. Truly, for me, the curtain bars are the nights I can't remember and the friends I'll never forget.

They have taught me an important Pro Tip I would never have learned in the Navy under its prohibition regime: If you've got hard drugs in your pocket and casually let it be known to newbie strippers, TGI Fridays' waitresses or bartenders, college students, or professional women attending a business conference that you're holding — buddy you are imminently going to get fucked. After piquing their interest by mentioning your drugs and your plan to use them, you can blithely suggest to respectable women the most crassly outrageous, boundary-crossing sexual conduct imaginable, and if you're holding, they let you do it. Grab 'em by the pussy!

I'm headed to Angeles City next weekend, in fact, to meet up with the last brigade of Filipina whores I banged from the Dragon Club in 2019. I've been sprung from anticipation the last three weeks. But I am positive our forthcoming party will ultimately be a pale imitation of bygone days, due to the absence of those red curtains, Christine (the love of my life), those old-lady touts eager to demonstrate they could still suck a cock, bemused Australian-lawyer businessmen and their wives rolling their eyes at my unabashed public nudity and untrammeled id, the Ming Court desk girls quietly laughing as I roamed the halls all bollocky, trying to find an unlocked door through which to barge in and ask to watch the whore with whom I'd been playing on and off all evening fuck the next customer whose cock was hard and functional (this request would be accepted more than one would ever have expected), and of course the Hong Kong Police. God bless them all.

[ Last edited by  RearAdmiral at 29-9-2023 23:26 ]

Recent Ratings
lostmojo   18-10-2023 11:28  Acceptance  +3   
clampbottom   16-10-2023 23:36  Acceptance  +3   Some of it is quite disgusting
bsun   5-10-2023 02:53  Acceptance  +2   Great read brought back many fond memories!
hkpunter999   2-10-2023 18:25  Acceptance  +3   True or not, a good read. And I also miss the curtain bars! Big time. I had some amazing punts with girls from those pla ...
dienw   1-10-2023 01:42  Acceptance  +4   
cdub85   30-9-2023 10:49  Acceptance  +2   Great read - if this is a true account, then you have had some great experiences!
sam_smith
Throbbing Titan

UID 168426
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3845
Posts 448
Karma 3776
Acceptance 1387
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-12-2016
Status Offline
Post at 29-9-2023 22:55  Profile P.M. 
I could see the domino effect, at first some strip clubs, then Agave, and some more clubs along Lockhart, eventually the Coyote that no one expected.

Feet Feet, Feet Feet Feet
Feet Feet, Feet Feet
RearAdmiral
Nookie Newbie

UID 296945
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1
Posts 3
Karma 0
Acceptance 23
Reading Access 10
Registered 29-9-2023
Location Seoul, Korea
Status Offline
Post at 2-10-2023 14:20  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4 RearAdmiral's post

All true stories. For the avoidance of doubt, though, before anyone starts wondering how I'm still alive, although I've had a lot of these experiences, we are talking about 20 years at a rate between once and four times per year. So while the drugs-and-whores binges were (how I wish I could say "are") regular and continuous, they were not constant. That's a good distinction. That's why I'm still functioning — being moderate about abandonment of moderation. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

It seems now that the red-curtains shenanigans have moved, from physical establishments owned by Chinese, to ad-hoc parties or meetings organized on Telegram by freelancers and off-duty domestic helpers, where the girls pocket the middleman's share (good). From my perspective the convenience of being able to immediately walk up to an established place without notice and get the party started is a bit of a loss, but offsetting the loss is the reduced cost and the fact that the girls now get all the money. It's a shame the drugs are no longer "free" (or, rather, included in the cost), but Telegram has made that aspect very convenient as well.

[ Last edited by  RearAdmiral at 2-10-2023 14:31 ]

Recent Ratings
1punt2punt4   5-10-2023 00:35  Acceptance  +1   Interested in tg groups if you can share
cdub85   2-10-2023 23:51  Acceptance  +2   I’d be interested in any telegram groups you can recommend… feel free to PM me
cdub85
Carnal Conqueror

UID 284699
Digest Posts 0
Credits 377
Posts 26
Karma 374
Acceptance 62
Reading Access 30
Registered 17-10-2022
Status Offline
Post at 4-10-2023 20:49  Profile P.M. 
Following on from this thread, do any strip clubs actually exist in Hong Kong any more (or similar establishments)?
Either on the HK side, or in Kowloon?

Sometimes I just want to sit with a beer with a naked female for company, without the the punt.

I assume it isn't a legality thing (given the curtain bars that used to exist in Wanchai), and HK is a big city not to have anything like this.

[ Last edited by  cdub85 at 4-10-2023 20:50 ]

Recent Ratings
gwailoplayer   16-10-2023 09:01  Acceptance  +3   Bottoms Up, TST, 1993. I was there: old Brit fatties, 1 slim local
zhude10   5-10-2023 09:20  Acceptance  +4   Agree!
davcha
Kinky King

UID 131550
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1082
Posts 49
Karma 1075
Acceptance 141
Reading Access 50
Registered 16-7-2015
Status Offline
Post at 15-10-2023 21:43  Profile P.M. 
Reply #7 cdub85's post

There’s one back in Wan Cha. Crossroads. Same old dears trying to drag you behind the curtain!
zhude10
Kinky King

UID 16583
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1012
Posts 53
Karma 1004
Acceptance 158
Reading Access 50
Registered 30-11-2008
Status Offline
Post at 16-10-2023 16:26  Profile P.M. 
Reply #8 davcha's post

Yes went and had a look last week - was fun but not like old days
davcha
Kinky King

UID 131550
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1082
Posts 49
Karma 1075
Acceptance 141
Reading Access 50
Registered 16-7-2015
Status Offline
Post at 16-10-2023 20:10  Profile P.M. 
Reply #9 zhude10's post

Do you still get BJ/HJ in there. I’ve had fs previously.
furryfriend
Lustful Lord

UID 421
Digest Posts 0
Credits 993
Posts 566
Karma 956
Acceptance 747
Reading Access 40
Registered 7-3-2007
Location USA
Status Offline
Post at 17-10-2023 00:12  Profile P.M. 
I thought those Wanchai bars have been closed for the past ten years.
zhude10
Kinky King

UID 16583
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1012
Posts 53
Karma 1004
Acceptance 158
Reading Access 50
Registered 30-11-2008
Status Offline
Post at 18-10-2023 08:19  Profile P.M. 
Reply #10 davcha's post

Yup, definitely had a great time

Recent Ratings
BobDavies   18-10-2023 08:40  Acceptance  +1   What was the quality of the staff “serving” you? I presume no longer the young attractive “dancers” who used to work ...
RearAdmiral
Nookie Newbie

UID 296945
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1
Posts 3
Karma 0
Acceptance 23
Reading Access 10
Registered 29-9-2023
Location Seoul, Korea
Status Offline
Post at 24-10-2023 18:33  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4 RearAdmiral's post

I am amused by the comment from "clampbottom" — "Some of it is quite disgusting". Brother, I am disappoint. All of it is quite disgusting. I can't do any of these things back in Omaha. That's what makes the memories so vivid.