Karma 2568
Acceptance 370
Reading Access 60
Registered 20-5-2020
Status Offline
Post at 4-7-2023 13:28  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
WG Price Inflation

Seems prices for most WG whether local, mainland, SEA or European have increased between 1-200 HKD even with supply blowing up

Anyone have any insight on this outside of the generic inflation response? Are rents up? Or agents are taking higher cut? Or have they just discovered bros are willing to pay more?

Recent Ratings
boscitc   5-7-2023 22:36  Acceptance  +8   Don't pay more if you know it's not worth more...
HK_Legend   4-7-2023 16:14  Acceptance  +8   See below.
HK_Legend
Master Mongerer

UID 279174
Digest Posts 0
Credits 6549
Posts 757
Karma 6346
Acceptance 4056
Reading Access 80
Registered 13-9-2021
Status Offline
Post at 4-7-2023 16:41  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 toey_toad's post

" Anyone have any insight on this outside of the generic inflation response?
Are rents up? Or agents are taking higher cut? Or have they just discovered bros are willing to pay more?"
***************************************************************************************
I think none of the above , but some are in COMPLETE DENIAL!

Some ladies (minority) are VERY MUCH SERVICE ORIENTED...and they pay SERIOUS attention when seeing new opportunities
to turn that into "Sustainable Business". No problem here.
(Hing Loong Amanda, discovered 2 weeks ago, is of that caliber)

There are others whose service was sub-par or plain crap, with bad upselling habits, bait & switch pic, generally relying on Walk-In clients,
and it seems their attitude is ...GRAB AS MUCH CASH ...WHILE IT LASTS.
I faced one like that in the recent months.
If not being a very close friend to somebody I know well, she was good for a VERY NEGATIVE Report.
(I did not write many) but being rather invisible the best path was to keep her inivisible
...but each time I will see her friend, she will hear how shxt the other was (and ladies can sort shxt together privately).

Rent: I think rents might be GOING DOWN!
During ONE day, I saw on the Database that Tomorrow Flower was in Hing Loong
(the day after I saw many workers in the entrance of the building...preparing a room?)
since, she is nowhere to be seen. Not at Hing Loong, not in her old nest in Prince Edwards.
Maybe the work of the "gardeners" in her new "garden" was not to the "Flower" satisfaction.
Drops in rents could explain such a move from Prince Edwards to Sheung Wan (loosing local clients) Hing Loong.

Yesterday, among other topics, I was discussing that with (Phoenix) BO BO...as her room is small (prices are different on 5F depending on sizes).
As she is clearly happy with a regular client base, I suggested that as some there are likely to fold and retire for good,
she could move to a bigger room as prices should drop. She is clearly thinking about it.

I don't use Hotel Girls and Agents, but it is possible that they milk more in what is becoming a dire situation.

To conclude, I think "None of the above", just some delusional trying to milk asap more while they see $.

Recent Ratings
Mister   5-7-2023 11:45  Acceptance  +3   a.k.a. sheer greed
deeplak
Musky Member

UID 289140
Digest Posts 0
Credits 138
Posts 9
Karma 137
Acceptance 26
Reading Access 20
Registered 14-3-2023
Status Offline
Post at 11-7-2023 07:17  Profile P.M. 
Mainly I think as wealth desparity shrinks (one measure is gini coefficient) purchasing power decrease too. Good for reduction of poverty overall even though it is hurting our wallets in the short term

Recent Ratings
HK_Legend   11-7-2023 09:07  Acceptance  +1   In which nest is Gini working? :)