Subject: Better Than Google Maps (But No Photos)
rickyricardo
Lustful Lord

UID 88662
Digest Posts 0
Credits 669
Posts 71
Karma 663
Acceptance 122
Reading Access 40
Registered 24-4-2012
Status Offline
Post at 29-6-2019 13:39  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Better Than Google Maps (But No Photos)

I have found (and I have seen this at least mentioned in one old post) that Centamap located at this URL: http://hk.centamap.com/gc/home.aspx is faster and has a great street number view of every address in HK and seems excellent with its search. So you can see in a second that 139 Temple is in a block with Pak Hoi north and Saigon south.

Just type in an address in the search box to the right of a crosshair symbol (red cross inside a circle)

I tried 310 Portland as an example and immediately a reference to 310-312 Portland popped up. Click that link and the building appears with a crosshair showing it. So you don't need to be 100% accurate on the address. It pops up nearest matches.

Also all the MTR exits are shown. There is a link to Google street view on the map view plus if you're interested real estate sales figures for every property in HK so it seems.

Like Google you can zoom and move the map around with your mouse but it is more responsive than Google and has more readable street names without having to zoom around to find at what zoom the street name finally appears. And in both English and Chinese. I find Google sometimes has only the Chinese name.

[ Last edited by  rickyricardo at 29-6-2019 13:42 ]

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
Recent Ratings
Tennder   7-8-2019 14:30  Acceptance  +1   
zeebee   3-7-2019 00:47  Acceptance  +1   
batman108   2-7-2019 10:38  Acceptance  +3   awesome and thanks