Subject: Do u carry cash or cards in china when ur mongering?
geoduck
Godfather of Hole

UID 41248
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7512
Posts 3232
Karma 7419
Acceptance 1854
Reading Access 90
Registered 12-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 14-5-2010 11:28  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Reply #40 atomic3d's post

Actually, in Asia, the RMB will be highly prized as everyone has the perception that it will strengthen further. You can buy RMB in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia but there's always a shortage outside of China, HK and Macau.
geoduck
Godfather of Hole

UID 41248
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7512
Posts 3232
Karma 7419
Acceptance 1854
Reading Access 90
Registered 12-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 14-5-2010 14:04  Profile P.M. 
Reply #44 atomic3d's post

If you cannot get RMB from a money changer in Sydney this does not mean the currency is useless. There is in fact lots of demand for the RMB and investors are only legally allowed to exchange a limited amount at HK banks each day. China has a lot of foreign reserves thus the underlying strength of the RMB is very strong. The Zimbabwe currency you pictured above is totally useless because the country produces limited amounts of gold and just prints money and its people are unproductive.
Sent
Lustful Lord

UID 8489
Digest Posts 0
Credits 534
Posts 534
Karma 533
Acceptance 15
Reading Access 40
Registered 17-2-2008
Location Canada
Status Offline
Post at 14-5-2010 15:13  Profile P.M. 
I always carry some cash but will bring my bank card. Pretty sure I can use my bank card at some of the bank machines around the train station.
hunter (Real Slim Slapper-Status: 九叔 .)
Fucking Legend

UID 2748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 16230
Posts 12435
Karma 16060
Acceptance 3408
Reading Access 100
Registered 5-8-2007
Location Pussy Paradise, Earth
Status Offline
Post at 14-5-2010 16:09  Profile P.M. 
Reply #46 atomic3d's post

Everything you said is your own opinion. You are not talking facts. I was shocked by your opinion about RMB, i.e. I quote you "RMB is worthless or no value outside China".

Just because you were unable to exchange RMB in Aussie for whatever reason does not prove that RMB has no value or worthless as compared to other currencies.

Everybody knows money no matter what currencies is just worthless paper, when there is no demand and when no one wants it.

Simple common sense Demand and supply theory.
In this decade, at least in the past 10 years till todate, bankers, traders, businesses and other developed countries want RMB.
External demand is so high that offshore rates are higher than China onshore. Main reason; Everyone wants to buy chinese exports. So, everyone wants to hold RMB.

When currency revaluation and appreciation factor (current R?MB trend) is taken into consideration, who would not want to hold RMB?

So the day people stop buying chinese exports will be the day RMB will drop in its value. Then maybe your opinion may proof true.

I am not a money smuggling expert but I never heard people eat where they shit. Do you obviously think these ppl will exchange other currencies internally in China before smuggle it out? They rather keep the cash under the bed than been trail and trace back to them.
You should by now that RMB (whether smuggling or legal exchange) is so liquid, easily exchange and tradeable in Asia.

Retired from pussy arena….Uncle 9

atomic3d
Throbbing Titan

UID 41127
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3282
Posts 2642
Karma 3157
Acceptance 2501
Reading Access 70
Registered 10-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 14-5-2010 19:11  Profile P.M. 
The following paragraph taken from Wikipedia.

As of January 2010 Chinese and non-Chinese citizens have an annual quota to change a maximum of 50,000 USD. Exchange will only proceed if the applicant appears in person at the relevant bank, presents his passport resp. his Chinese ID as these deals are being centrally registered. The maximal withdrawal is 10,000 USD per day, the maximal purchase quota of USD is 500 per day. This stringent management of the currency leads to a bottled-up demand for exchange in both directions. It is viewed as a major tool to keep the currency peg i.e. to prevent inflows of 'hot money' (carry trade).