Karma 1193
Acceptance 423
Reading Access 50
Registered 20-1-2008
Status Offline
Post at 24-8-2015 11:57  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Ashley Madison Aftermath: A word of advice

Some colleagues are scrambling to hide assets in the aftermath of the Ashley Madison leak.  Apparently, they are expecting their spouses to file for divorce.  It is surprising that some of them are contemplating using swiss banks.  For financial professionals, this is not very smart.  Swiss accounts are not secure. They will be disclosed to tax authorities if there are court proceedings involved.  So a word to the wise.....
halfclover
Master Mongerer

UID 40736
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5319
Posts 797
Karma 5277
Acceptance 830
Reading Access 80
Registered 3-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 24-8-2015 12:55  Profile P.M. 
I never went on AM but if I had it would have been fake everything - email, payment details, address, pics, etc.  I assume that most people would work the same way, what am I missing here.  
I get you need to close to personal details and looks but putting up real pics etc is not something I would do.
DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 24-8-2015 17:20  Profile P.M. 
Reply #2 halfclover's post

Even Josh Duggar was smart enough to use a fake photo
... for which he's now getting sued by the person who's photo he stole! ...

Hiding assets sounds like one of those ideas that's good in theory, but in practice is so full of holes it only makes the lawyers who set it up rich, as well as the lawyers of your partner who get to charge (you) lots of fees for finding your hidden assets!

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
Freelancer
Master Mongerer

UID 24776
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5056
Posts 797
Karma 4968
Acceptance 1757
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 24-8-2015 19:00  Profile P.M. 
I can't believe that the guys who signed up and PAID for the service were dumb enough to do so. Not so much the cheating part, but the idea that they thought the site actually had women. The real membership statistics were that 86% of all members were men, which means only 14% were women. And of that 14%, a huge number were fake female profiles as previously exposed by ex-employees.
Macau81
Erotic Emperor

UID 121051
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2017
Posts 404
Karma 1990
Acceptance 530
Reading Access 60
Registered 28-8-2014
Status Offline
Post at 24-8-2015 20:52  Profile P.M. 
maybe bury ur cash?  gift it to fam members?
wander
Godfather of Hole

UID 40669
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7597
Posts 2953
Karma 7412
Acceptance 3692
Reading Access 90
Registered 2-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 25-8-2015 10:49  Profile P.M. 
Reply #5 Macau81's post

This site has been around for so long (and I have been active so long) I couldnt quite remember if I ever tried it or not.  (I've tried everything to find horny women!).

So I tried my email addresses to see if they turned up.  Nope.

Whew!

And then I thought of some obscure ones I used long ago.  Yep!  Got me!!!!! Was I surprised?  Of course not...  Like I said, a chance to get laid.......  

Anyway, I tried to log back in with that email address (to see what was there), but couldnt. Tried to reset password, didnt work.  I guess I deleted the account long, long ago as well... but the email address is still in their records and is still searchable.

But not at all worried about it.  It was a throwaway email address entirely unrelated to anything else.  A good lesson reaffirmed, right there.

So what is crazy is not that guys would try a site like this to get laid (we'll try anything to get laid) but that they used emails or credit-cards that directly lead back to them!  That is fucking insane!!!!!!!

Recent Ratings
mchk   25-8-2015 19:39  Acceptance  +3   Ya, people used their work emails and stuff. WTF!!!
pokerking
Kinky King

UID 7458
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1214
Posts 196
Karma 1193
Acceptance 423
Reading Access 50
Registered 20-1-2008
Status Offline
Post at 25-8-2015 12:09  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4 Freelancer's post

To Freelancer:  The AM service is real.  My boss at my previous firm was an active member.  His hookup once joined us for dinner.  She was top tier eye candy. Just gorgeous - no other way to describe her.
yazoo
Erotic Emperor

UID 59061
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2404
Posts 1195
Karma 2319
Acceptance 1703
Reading Access 60
Registered 17-1-2011
Status Offline
Post at 31-8-2015 02:32  Profile P.M. 

I read that article too.  It also mentioned that a lot of the women that were on the site were pro's.  So someone looking for a bored housewife who will do freebies would likely be out of luck.  But pokerking's top tier eye-candy?  I'm sure it was available - for a price.

DArtagnan (unofficial Mayor of the Forum)
Master Mongerer

UID 12884
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5034
Posts 4392
Karma 4928
Acceptance 2111
Reading Access 80
Registered 10-7-2008
Location Pitcairn
Status Offline
Post at 31-8-2015 11:04  Profile P.M. 

actually that 5:1 ratio seems to hold true across the board

I noticed that AdultFriendFinder had the same 5 guys to each girl ratio

so nothing surprising about it

Also nothing surprising about pros signing up, their business is to find and service aching dicks wherever they are ... same as on wechat and other places they 'shouldn't' be ... easy enough to handle when you find one: "Next!" ... unless they happen to be what you're looking for, in which case that's why they were there in the first place

An article I read suggested that in spite of the small number of women, an active guy could get and meet contacts (willing contacts) ...

... so there are no shortcuts: you have to work the system, and sharpen your game ... and as in all venues online and offline, when you get it right you're the guy playing with the women while another 4-5 other guys are jacking off wondering why they're not getting lucky ... On second thoughts make that 15-20 other guys ...

Anyway, anyone who uses identifiable information to sign up on a contact site is asking for trouble

Recent Ratings
MothToAFlame   31-8-2015 18:14  Acceptance  +1   Yup

Hear Ye!  The Mayor has spoken!
Freelancer
Master Mongerer

UID 24776
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5056
Posts 797
Karma 4968
Acceptance 1757
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 31-8-2015 19:45  Profile P.M. 
Looks like the numbers were even more abysmal. There were about 37 million members total with 31.5 million being men and 5.5 million being women, but the reality of the numbers is worst.

TLDR; Less than 1% of women ever showed any activity the day after creating their account.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-o ... database-1725558944

In the profile database, each Ashley Madison member has a number of data fields, including obvious things like nickname, gender, birthday, and turn-ons; but the member profile also contains data that is purely for administrative use, like the email address used to create the account, and when the person last checked their Ashley Madison inbox.

Were there any patterns in the personal email addresses that people listed when they signed up? I figured that if I were an admin at Ashley Madison creating fake profiles, I would use ashleymadison.com for the email addresses because it’s easy and obvious. No real Ashley Madison customer would have an Ashley Madison company email. So I searched for any email address that ended in ashleymadison.com. Bingo. There were about 10 thousand accounts with ashleymadison.com email addresses. Many of them sounded like they’d been generated by a bot, like the dozens of addresses listed as 100@ashleymadison.com, 200@ashleymadison.com, 300@ashleymadison, and so on.

What it suggests is that the majority of obviously fake accounts — ones perhaps created by bored admins using their company’s email address, or maybe real women using fake information — were marked female.

The second most popular IP address, found in 80,805 profiles, was a different story. This IP address, 127.0.0.1, is well-known to anyone who works with computer systems as a loopback interface. To the rest of us, it’s known simply as “home,” your local computer. Any account with that IP address was likely created on a “home” computer at Ashley Madison. Interestingly, 68,709 of the profiles created with that IP address were female.

That’s a huge disparity. In a database of 85% men, you’d expect any IP address to belong to about 85% men. So it’s remarkable to discover that about 82% of the accounts created from a “home” IP address are female. This strengthened the pattern I’d already seen with the ashleymadison.com email addresses — obviously fake accounts were overwhelmingly female, and numbered in the tens of thousands.

Another weird detail was that the most popular female last name in the database was an extremely unusual one, which matched the name of a woman who worked at the company about ten years ago. This unusual name had over 350 entries, as if she or someone else was creating a bunch of test accounts.

Then, three data fields changed everything. The first field, called mail_last_time, contained a timestamp indicating the last time a member checked the messages in their Ashley Madison inbox. If a person never checked their inbox, the field was blank. But even if they’d checked their messages only once, the field contained a date and time. About two-thirds of the men, or 20.2 million of them, had checked the messages in their accounts at least once. But only 1,492 women had ever checked their messages. It was a serious anomaly.

The pattern was reflected in another data field, too. This one, called chat_last_time contained the timestamp for the last time a member had struck up a conversation using the Ashley Madison chat system. Roughly 11 million men had engaged in chat, but only 2400 women had.

Yet another field, reply_mail_last_time, showed a similar disparity. This field contained the time when a member had last replied to a message from another person on Ashley Madison. 5.9 million men had done it, and only 9700 women had.

What all these fields have in common is that they measure user activity. They show what happened after the account profile was created, and how an actual person used it by checking messages, chatting, or replying to messages. They measure what you might call signatures of real human behavior. Only a paltry number of women’s accounts actually looked human.

Overall, the picture is grim indeed. Out of 5.5 million female accounts, roughly zero percent had ever shown any kind of activity at all, after the day they were created.

Recent Ratings
flappo84   12-10-2015 08:15  Acceptance  +4   Excellent
DArtagnan   31-8-2015 22:45  Acceptance  +1   OK, you're officially a geek!! Impressive analysis ...
Caligynephiliac   31-8-2015 22:20  Acceptance  +3   So who were the millions of men actually chatting with? LOL!
KyleThompson
Nookie Newbie

UID 126644
Digest Posts 0
Credits 46
Posts 24
Karma 43
Acceptance 61
Reading Access 10
Registered 18-2-2015
Status Offline
Post at 7-10-2015 16:10  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 pokerking's post

Well, I did have a profile on Ashley Madison once, but when I realized I had to pay to read my private messages, I shut the account down without having used the site. However, I've been sent e-mails from different addresses saying that they had my personal data and that they would reveal it if I don't pay 1 bitcoin in 3 days.

This was the original message I got:

Unfortunately your data was leaked in the recent hacking of Ashley Madison and I now have your information. I have also used your user profile to find your Facebook page, using this I can now message all of your friends and family members.

If you would like to prevent me from sharing this dirt info with all of your friends and family members (and perhaps even your employers too?) then you need to send 1 bitcoin to the following BTC address.

Bitcoin Address:
1JeDGwyWQpuQZE6mfj2M7M1BWuAoLG4tE3

You may be wondering why should you and what will prevent other people from doing the same, in short you now know to change your privacy settings in Facebook so no one can view your friends/family list. So go ahead and update that now (I have a copy if you dont pay) to stop any future emails like this.

You can buy bitcoin using online exchanges easily. If the bitcoin is not paid within 3 days of 25 Sep 2015 then my system will automatically message all of your friends and family members. The bitcoin address is unique to you.

Consider how expensive a divorce lawyer is. If you are no longer in a committed relationship then think about how this will affect your social standing amongst family and friends. What will your friends and family think about you?

Sincerely,
Karen

It's been a couple of weeks since I got the e-mails and I'm still alive. Whatever, I don't even have Facebook.

Recent Ratings
Macau81   7-10-2015 17:52  Acceptance  +1   looks like they're just fishing and they used the wrong bait against u.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21103
Posts 20488
Karma 20529
Acceptance 11481
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 7-10-2015 21:07  Profile P.M. 
Reply #11 KyleThompson's post

1 bitcoin ?  
Amatures !  Nothing compared to what the jokers in china are doing with their telephone scams … just 2 calls made them more then 40 million HK and countless ones not reported
teltel
Carnal Conqueror

UID 22306
Digest Posts 0
Credits 278
Posts 209
Karma 260
Acceptance 355
Reading Access 30
Registered 22-3-2009
Status Offline
Post at 10-10-2015 10:14  Profile P.M. 
yazoo
Erotic Emperor

UID 59061
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2404
Posts 1195
Karma 2319
Acceptance 1703
Reading Access 60
Registered 17-1-2011
Status Offline
Post at 10-10-2015 14:23  Profile P.M. 
Reply #13 teltel's post

Do you know that this wallet is associated with an AM scam?  Otherwise it could be anything that costs one bitcoin - legitimate or illegitimate.

On the illegal side of things there's a lot of cryptolocker activity as well.

teltel
Carnal Conqueror

UID 22306
Digest Posts 0
Credits 278
Posts 209
Karma 260
Acceptance 355
Reading Access 30
Registered 22-3-2009
Status Offline
Post at 11-10-2015 18:30  Profile P.M. 
It's the bitcoin address quoted in the previous post
teltel
KyleThompson
Nookie Newbie

UID 126644
Digest Posts 0
Credits 46
Posts 24
Karma 43
Acceptance 61
Reading Access 10
Registered 18-2-2015
Status Offline
Post at 13-10-2015 15:37  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by teltel at 10-10-2015 10:14
Have a look at  https://blockchain.info/address/ ... mfj2M7M1BWuAoLG4tE3

Does this mean they got 8,000 BTC in just one day ?? https://blockchain.info/es/chart ... mfj2M7M1BWuAoLG4tE3

Wow, just wow!