Karma 2616
Acceptance 367
Reading Access 60
Registered 30-1-2015
Status Offline
Post at 27-10-2018 08:42  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
3 Day Report from HK October Visit

This is less a report and more of a recap of three days in Hong Kong on various fronts.

I landed in Shenzhen Airport on October 1st and quickly found a bus (100rmb) that was going to Hong Kong.  The counter attendant asked where I was going (I said Prince Edward) and she put a sticker on my shirt to signify where to get off.  The busses left from door 17, I believe.  I chose to fly in to Shenzhen as it saved about 600rmb on the trip but in exchange for about 8 hours of my life.  Not sure if it was worth it in the end.
The bus to the border was a smooth trip and then we were dropped off at the border for customs.  Note, you will need to fill in a departure form before being processed so make sure you grab one before going through the China Mainland side if you don’t have it in your passport.  You will first go through the mainland China side then the entry side to Hong Kong (you will need to fill in the entry card to HK before being processed).  It took upwards of about 40 minutes from bus to bus at the border.

Upon boarding the bus heading for Hong Kong, the staff took off my sticker on my shirt.  This meant that I had to know where to get off which was a bit difficult for someone who knew very little about Hong Kong landmarks and couldn’t speak Cantonese.  Thankfully, the girl sitting next to me could speak English so I just kept asking her the stops until we reached Prince Edward.  It took a little more than two hours from airport to Prince Edward.

I tried to activate my virtual sim which was on the fritz the whole trip and eventually got the baidu maps working.  I eventually found my way to Bor Bor in Sham Shui Po…

http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/viewthread.php?tid=66659

Afterward, I made my way to Causeway Bay to my cheap Air Bnb (150rmb/night).  I unpacked and then made my way to Wan Chai to check out the bar scene.

I checked out Escape around 8pm and it was dead as was New Makati, Neptune 2 and Neptune 3.  I tried to go to Hong Kong Café but the bouncer immediately said I had to pay 250hkd to get in and I told him I had never had to pay that before and that I was American.  He said I wasn’t a regular so I had to pay.  Considering how dead all the bars were, the bouncer lost a paying customer and I left in a huff.  No other bouncer at any other bar even batted an eyelid when I entered.

For those who don’t know the area, the pick-up bars and the curtain bars are all within five minutes walking distance to each other so you are definitely spoiled for choice.

I eventually settled in Escape around 9pm.  There weren’t many girls (or punters there) but some of the Filipinas were quite cute and playful.  A fairly attractive and well-spoken Filipina girl saddled up beside me and kept me speaking for the night.  She tried hard to communicate and topics ranged from tourist attractions in HK to politics in both the states and the Philippines.  I ended up ordering one Coke for me and two “shots”/lady drinks for her.  The coke was 50 and her one drink was 175.  She told me that the bar got 50 and the girl got 125 for the drink.  I somewhat regretted not going for the girl who wiggled her ass at me when I first got there but as I wasn’t taking anyone home for the night (and I told this girl upfront), it wasn’t much of a loss.  She asked for a third drink and that was my cue to leave.  The band was playing a few pop music covers which I knew but it didn’t really connect with me.  The bar definitely started filling up around 10:30 when I left.  

I checked out Neptune 2 and New Makati again along with listening to one song at Amazonia (it was just a bit too loud for me though I liked the music) before settling in at Joe Bananas.  Although I didn’t pick anyone up at JB, I had a great time just listening to the cover band playing 80’s and 90’s rock and the mix of people was more about expats and their wives and locals dancing in up rather than a pick-up joint.  I caught the last subway (12:53) back to Causeway and turned in for the night.

After dealing with some business during the day and having some yumcha for lunch, I had the disaster known as Vietnam massage…

http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/viewthread.php?tid=66660

I then made my way to a nice bookstore in Causeway Bay for some reading and relaxation after my massage (hello, irony).  I also checked out the ‘famous’ Clark’s comics in the area.  After getting recharged at my hotel, I went out searching for Hop Yee and Phoenix Apartments (both in Causeway Bay).  It was quite busy at dinner time with most signs turned to ‘Please Wait’ but I eventually decided on Joey at the Fuji building…

http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/viewthread.php?tid=66662

I then made my way to Temple Street to check out the scene, completely oblivious that there was a night street market there and ended up having a grand time shopping for gifts there.  Most of the walkers were not on Temple Street but on the side streets and Shanghai Street which runs parallel to the night market.  I wasn’t tempted on anything that was on offer but they were some okay looking ones in the bunch.

Day three was an attempt to visit Victoria Peak but when I got to the line for the tram, I gave up.  I only had a few hours in the morning to use and I didn’t want to use it standing in line.  I did try to take a public bus to the top which would have been ingenious except that I took it going the wrong way.  For those looking for another way, there are a few public busses that take about an hour and can take you to the top for the bargain price of 5hkd.  Just make sure you are going the right way when you get on!

I then made my way to a toy store for collectibles in Mong Kok (Superman Toys) and then went to an exhibition in the Hong Kong cultural heritage museum about the life of Bruce Lee.  So sad that his life ended at the age of 32.

I then took the subway back the border (going to the last stop adds a hefty 30hkd premium), crossed there and then took the subway in Shenzhen to the airport.  The trip from the museum to the Shenzhen airport took about two hours.

Overall, it was a good trip but I have noticed a trend recently that when I punt multiple times in a short period of time, there is a definite drop in enjoyment.  By my third punt in the two days, I wasn’t really feeling it.

Incidentally, I was able to add many of the spas/service providers on wechat by adding 852 + the phone number provided in the add and on line by adding 00 + 852 + the local phone number.

Happy Hunting everyone!

Recent Ratings
jeffzeke   30-10-2018 12:04  Acceptance  +10   thanks for sharing.
Sb141   27-10-2018 10:23  Acceptance  +3   Excellent
Mister   27-10-2018 10:11  Acceptance  +6   Could take the HSR straight into Kowloon. How was the cheap (!) AirBnB and how did you find it?
JJJ37   27-10-2018 09:24  Acceptance  +8   Save time and energy by going into HK
MinorInfection   27-10-2018 08:45  Acceptance  +4   Hope you have a better experience in HK next time.