Subject: @**IDLE CHAT, Q+A, PIXS, RANTS ETC. - WELCOME ALL NEWBIES/MEMBERS**@
  This thread has been closed by sexyloser at 18-5-2024 11:11. 
Freelancer
Master Mongerer

UID 24776
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5056
Posts 797
Karma 4968
Acceptance 1767
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2013 20:17  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L

QUOTE:
Originally posted by b-man at 5/27/13 10:09 AM
I spend ages on 20 and STILL don't know how to get to 30 and I've probably done over a dozen reports.  I thought I passed it the other day but no.  I don't take photos, I don't generally go for the expensive girl either and do a bit more obseque girls.  Also many bros are not as flamboyant in their reports and if they are generally get penalised for it.

You actually have 9 reports. Which is good, but not "over a dozen" like you said. But I think I remember you posting short reports in other people's threads as well?

Photos do earn more +k, but it's not necessary. Don't feel that you'll receive more +k because of them. It's subjective to the person giving the k. Remember that you can give +k to other reports as well. HG reports don't receive more +k either, nor do obscure girls. The +k are generally in the quality of the report and not because the member found some expensive or one of a kind girl.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by b-man at 5/27/13 08:30 PM
The time and effort to write vs return is low for most punters I think.

This is the wrong attitude to have [sad face]. You (or anyone for that matter) shouldn't be writing reports with the expectation that you're going to receive a reward. This is a community sharing forum. The enjoyment is in the sharing, not the reward. As I've said before, the reward (e.g., higher RA) is a nice bonus, but it shouldn't be your goal. Other than that sort of attitude being wrong, the far majority of reports (90% are RA20 and lower) are already available. Perhaps it's because you don't have access to something that you want it more. I'm not kidding when I say that the difference between RA20 and RA30 is very small, and between RA30 and RA40 is even smaller. But I guess you'll never believe me until you get there yourself.

For what it's worth, sometimes I've spent up to an hour writing a single report. I may not necessarily be sitting and typing for that long. Often I'll switch tabs in Firefox and surf the net, or get up and do something else for a bit and return. Writing reports isn't a job. No one demands that you do it. It's altruistic. If that's not how you feel then I'm sorry for that because I've read your reports and they've been quite enjoyable and I think contribute a lot.

I can't force you to change your attitude, but a few last things. I don't believe that "most punters" think that the "return is low" like you say. I've been punting since 1998 (wow, 15 years now) and I've been on various punting message boards and forums even longer than that (originally on Usenet newsgroups in the mid 1990s). It's been an altruistic system for as long as I've known. I write and share reports because in itself that's my enjoyment. It would be unfortunate if anyone (and I've seen some) goes through life only doing something because they expect a reward for it.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by b-man at 5/28/13 12:04 AM
If people feel that reading through mountains of guidelines, forum ratings, procedures, threads is the only options to get information then the forum is it's own worst enemy.

You're totally exaggerating here. Unless English isn't your first language or if you're a slower reader (nothing wrong with that), then reading the 141 English Forum Guide should take no more than five minutes. Yes, there are a lot of sub-links, but a person would generally click on and read those that are relevant to them. For example, if you've been on other forums before then you probably don't need to read the Forum Etiquette thread. Or if you have a good knowledge of sexually transmitted diseases then you could probably skip the STD/STI thread. The point is that the guides answer 95% of newbie questions and that you should only need to read what's relevant to you.

QUOTE:
Originally posted by b-man at 5/28/13 12:16 AM
Yeap, good point but as I said the bar is set so high I haven't been bothered to post so it's a two way street.

Again, please don't presume to speak for all forum participants here or anywhere else. And second, the bar isn't set too high at all. At this point it's obvious that it's your own attitude that's an issue. Us people here on the forum have engaged you in positive feedback and communication. We've politely explained the system to you and answered your questions. We've also asked for your feedback on how to make things better. In return however you've just been all about ME, ME, ME. You want this and you want that. You feel that you deserve greater rewards for what you've put in. It's your expectations that are wrong. You present the image that once you get your RA30 that you'll stop reporting and just lurk because you've hit your goal.

What do you do on other message board forums? Do you only post there because you expect a reward for it?

QUOTE:
Originally posted by b-man at 5/28/13 12:04 AM
Its pretty obvious you don't need my comments as you have all figured it out.

Have fun....

You're not the first and not the only person who has brought up RA questions. The answer will always be the same. Members here share because of altruism and not for the expectation of reward. Your attitude is such that, "Hey, you guys should do things MY way, because if not then I'm taking my ball and leaving!" I don't know if you don't understand or that you don't want to understand.

Anyways, it's unfortunate that you've decided to leave. More likely you're going to stay and just lurk. I search through the post history of the person before making judgment and replying. I remember names and I look at their reports. I hope that you do understand what sharing, community and altruism are and that you return to participate. Your reports have been positive and I enjoyed them. I also understand that this forum isn't for everyone and I hope that you find a place that can give you what you're looking for.

One last note about RA. I'm RA40 after 4 years and I don't even live in Hong Kong. I do return from time to time, but I'm a prime example of what quality reports from Hong Kong and around the world along with positive contribution to the forum can do. And I'm not even the only one. There are a number of us who aren't in Hong Kong. You have an advantage that I don't, so cut your whining, grow up and stop acting like a baby.

[ Last edited by  Freelancer at 28-5-2013 08:03 ]

Recent Ratings
jake.houston   17-6-2013 05:49  Acceptance  +4   Just hit Kinky King with RA50 this month. Been to Asia 3 times. It's about report quality and participation. Good ad ...
pickyprick   28-5-2013 22:11  Acceptance  +8   Very well thought-out write-up.
mrfast
Kinky King

UID 62600
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1237
Posts 647
Karma 1222
Acceptance 295
Reading Access 50
Registered 22-3-2011
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2013 23:01  Profile P.M. 
On why we post vs. Expectation of reward

So I understand that there is some feeling that people should be posting altruistically to contribute to the community. This is of course fine and dandy in an ideal world - but I feel that as people who have been on for many years its very easy for us to say so.  

I was a little lucky because during that time period it was relatively easy to garner K's to get to RA 30 and 40 - and let's be realistic here, if RA wasn't that important why do some bros go put RA 30 to RA 60 on their reports? Why is there a Restricted Access Forum? Why are faces considered RA 30? karma is actually a very important component to this forum - if we say it's not lets just remove it altogether and just have a verified/unverified status (but really, I think there must be some reporters and LE that have RA 30 and above coz it's not tough)

My understanding of the RA system was to protect the identities of the HGs, as well as reward punters who did reports on their experiences - but now are we saying that while we will reward you for the reports, don't write the reports for the rewards? Because if so, that's a really hard thing to achieve because that's basic human economic activity...

I really think we need to be realistic here - from this point onwards, every single report that comes and that I read I will give at least 1 K for effort unless it is a fake report, or something that was really done with no care. I can see plenty of genuine reports here with 100s of views that don't get karmaed because we are lazy to do so? Or is it because there are no pics? Are pics really that important?

Recent Ratings
wander   29-5-2013 11:01  Acceptance  +4   I RA a report for privacy reasons. Either hers or mine. No other reason. Why would I? I want you all to read them!!
Freelancer   28-5-2013 23:28  Acceptance  +1   I give the same +k to most reports unless I don't have any k left for the day.
Freelancer
Master Mongerer

UID 24776
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5056
Posts 797
Karma 4968
Acceptance 1767
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 28-5-2013 23:26  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by b-man at 5/27/13 10:09 AM
the settings for restrictions are set too high.  OK going from 10 to 20 is OK but 20 to 30 takes ages.  What do you get with 30?  Some better photos with faces.  So why bother?  I spend ages on 20 and STILL don't know how to get to 30 and I've probably done over a dozen reports.

I'm taking your issues seriously, so I did some investigative analysis on your reports and the forum here. I only took a look at your main reports and not any responses further in the thread or comments that you made elsewhere.

As of this writing, RA20 requires 120 karma and RA30 requires 300 karma.

Users in the {Reports by Nookie Newbies} forum, based on the past 30 days, receive total +karma for a report in the range of +1 to +18. The average for a quality report tends to be +13 karma.
Reports in {Macau} and {Mainland China} forums tend to have less readers than the Hong Kong forums. This is just the nature of SEX141 being Hong Kong-oriented.

You've made 9 reports [contrary when you say "I've probably done over a dozen reports"]. Here are the dates:

8/27/12 Fortress Hill - You received +16 karma and +4 acceptance.
9/26/12 Darling 1 - Odea No.5 - Thai - WOW! - You received +10 karma and +3 acceptance.
9/27/12 K Pressure - Jordan - Sui Hong - Good - You received +9 karma.
10/5/12 Sa Sa - Jordan - Walk-Up - Foremost Bld - Average but Friendly - You received +10 karma and +10 acceptance.
9/15/12 Hangzhou - Street walk-in - near Landison Hotel - You received +19 karma and +1 acceptance.
10/27/12 Nan - Thai - Wan Chai - Neptune II - You received +9 karma.

At this point you graduated to the {Hong Kong - 141 Walk-up & Others} forum. Some time here you got to RA20.

3/20/13 Fai Lai - Sham Shui Po - Petite & Cute - You received +17 karma.
5/21/13 Lung Yee - Big as a House - Prince Edward - Suggest to avoid - You received +21 karma.
5/20/13 Gigi - Mong Kok - BBBJ - Great Time - You received +11 karma and +4 acceptance.

That's 122 karma from just your reports. As of this writing, you're at 243 karma which means that your positive contributions in non-reports have been well appreciated. As you can see, your reports thus far have averaged +13 karma, which is the average for a quality report. This indicates that members here appreciate and have been rewarding your contributions fairly. The restrictions aren't "set too high" like you say because you're obviously surpassing them quite easily.

You registered in August 2012 and got to RA20 some time between October 2012 and March 2013. Let's just say that you got to RA20 quite quickly, in October 2012 (which is realistic and believable). That means at most you've spent 8 months at RA20. That's hardly the "I spend ages on 20" like you claim. Since then you've made 3 reports, which is good, but 3 reports isn't what will get you to RA30.

If you're still reading this far, know that the forum and members here have been very fair to you. The evidence indicates that you've been rewarded fairly and at no point have you been cheated. I can't make you believe this, but this is a data-driven factual analysis of your reports history. If you still don't believe this, then I welcome you to provide evidence to your claims of being treated unfairly and I'm sure the members here will examine them objectively.

If you're really desperate, you're only 57 karma away from becoming RA30. Based on your historical average, that's only 4-5 more quality reports. You have a strong possibility of going from new registration to RA30 in under one year which is impressive and also demonstrates how members of the forum have appreciated your work. So really, your complaints about the forum and the RA system here are really unfounded.

[ Last edited by  Freelancer at 28-5-2013 10:52 ]

Recent Ratings
yazoo   29-5-2013 21:54  Acceptance  +3   Well said
b-man   29-5-2013 12:39  Acceptance  +1   Thanks for the details but you didn't need to outline this really. I don't get me wrong I don't think I'm being che ...
wander   29-5-2013 11:19  Acceptance  +8   Bloody hell! Bro Freelancer. Time to accept the Mod request?? Ya got my vote. Well done.
Thai-delight   29-5-2013 10:23  Acceptance  +10   
twiceAweek   29-5-2013 08:43  Acceptance  +5   You did your homework !
pickyprick   29-5-2013 07:52  Acceptance  +8   You are really serious. I am impressed. Pity that only Acceptance is allowed here. I have given max A's haha.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21108
Posts 20494
Karma 20533
Acceptance 11498
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 08:40  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4542 mrfast's post

QUOTE:
My understanding of the RA system was to protect the identities of the HGs, as well as reward punters who did reports on their experiences - but now are we saying that while we will reward you for the reports, don't write the reports for the rewards? Because if so, that's a really hard thing to achieve because that's basic human economic activity...

When someone tells us they go out and does some WG so they can write a report its just plain silly !  what I and the other mods are saying is when anyone punts they do so because they have the urge, reporting only when they want to if they feel they need to share with us their experience with that WG

Recent Ratings
wander   29-5-2013 11:21  Acceptance  +6   Exactly. I report because it's fun. I love the banter... I enjoy helping...
pickyprick   29-5-2013 10:02  Acceptance  +8   Oh yeah. So true.
mrfast   29-5-2013 09:25  Acceptance  +2   I don't quite understand your sentence - could you elaborate please?
Thai-delight
Fucking Legend

UID 24922
Digest Posts 0
Credits 11503
Posts 7975
Karma 11133
Acceptance 7409
Reading Access 100
Registered 13-5-2009
Location hong kong
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 10:22  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4543 Freelancer's post

Fantastic job. Don't forget the automatic 5k you get for writing a report. 6 reports = 30k on top of what bros give. It starts adding up once you contribute you reports.

Recent Ratings
pickyprick   29-5-2013 13:04  Acceptance  +8   Yep. So true.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21108
Posts 20494
Karma 20533
Acceptance 11498
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 11:22  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Recent Ratings

mrfast   29-5-2013 09:25   Acceptance   +2   I don't quite understand your sentence - could you elaborate please?

What I'm trying to say, as with what the other mods are saying ... one should write reports when the want to and because the want to share their experience, not because the want to churn out report just to climb the ladder ... I'm only talking about the mindset of the writer

Recent Ratings
mrfast   29-5-2013 11:48  Acceptance  +2   I understand that's the ideal case, but in that case why not remove the Karma reward altogether?
wander
Godfather of Hole

UID 40669
Digest Posts 0
Credits 7597
Posts 2953
Karma 7412
Acceptance 3692
Reading Access 90
Registered 2-3-2010
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 11:36  Profile P.M. 
I get it

I get why newbies have a need for RA.  There IS an inherent feeling that you MUST be missing something!  I remember that feeling when I was a newbie.  It's real and understandable.

But I remember getting to Kinky King (or some-such-lofty-rank) (hehe) in under a year when I first joined and actually started actually contributing (I lurked for a full year before seeing what this place had to offer!!).  My "need" for getting Karma was sorta there.... it is a tangible motivator that I wont deny.   

But the need for ranking fades quickly.  There are no benefits other than perhaps an "elder respect" from newbies.  (which is cool too, mind you, but not all that much!).  

But what really motivated me was simply the replies and banter from my reports.  Bros enjoyed them, commented on them, asked for more detail or whatever...  it was FUN to discuss this second life of mine.  Still is.   I have had many, many offline (PM) conversations with Bros in similar situations a post of mine might have conveyed where I have helped them, or they have helped me).  Still do have such conversations.  Rather often.  I enjoy the discussion and banter about a "hobby" I remain rather active in.  

And that's why I continue.  

For fun, entertainment, catharsis, knowledge.  all of the above.

Recent Ratings
zaptz   31-5-2013 02:20  Acceptance  +4   Totally agree with you on the interaction
pickyprick   29-5-2013 13:04  Acceptance  +8   Yeah. Great mindset.
twiceAweek   29-5-2013 12:11  Acceptance  +1   absolutely
hunter (Real Slim Slapper-Status: 九叔 .)
Fucking Legend

UID 2748
Digest Posts 0
Credits 16230
Posts 12435
Karma 16060
Acceptance 3408
Reading Access 100
Registered 5-8-2007
Location Pussy Paradise, Earth
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 11:53  Profile P.M. 
I like to share and write because I do it out of fun. I enjoy discussing my secret activities with anonymous bros who are in the same hobby.
I cannot share this hobby with my friends or families. I need a platform to release my experience.
Chat, criticise, advice and laugh about it, etc.
I am not embarass nor shy sharing my sex adventures here.
I dont mix forum/mongering life with personal life.

Secondly, WGs are also meant for sharing.
If I found or hunt down talented WGs, I like to share and inform others.
What;s the point to keeping them to myself when I cant afford to privitise them.
So, I love to share real time and up-to-date intel with interested bros.
Bros before Hos.
In return, I hope the users of the intel would come back and share his experience and chat along.

I dont treat it as Reporting, I consider it as experience and info sharing as well as a place for me to unburden my little secret.

Some people can keep it to themselves but some like me want to share. It;s part of a process.

When we first join the forum, there was no Ks and Rules, we come together for 1 reason. Sharing and enjoy the association & friendship among the like.
To old school forum member like me, Karma rating or Rank has nothing to do with experience/intel sharing. I dont expect anything in return but more friendship in this forum.

[ Last edited by  hunter at 29-5-2013 11:55 ]

Recent Ratings
zaptz   31-5-2013 02:22  Acceptance  +4   More than just friendship Bro, respect for what you have done and contributed to the forum.
pickyprick   29-5-2013 13:05  Acceptance  +8   Fully agree.
twiceAweek   29-5-2013 12:12  Acceptance  +1   its all in the mindset of the participant
wander   29-5-2013 12:01  Acceptance  +8   Agree. This is why we share and contribute - we enjoy it. Sharing AND learning.

Retired from pussy arena….Uncle 9

twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21108
Posts 20494
Karma 20533
Acceptance 11498
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 12:10  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Recent Ratings
mrfast   29-5-2013 11:48   Acceptance   +2   I understand that's the ideal case, but in that case why not remove the Karma reward altogether?

What you are trying to tell me is that just because we hope bros who makes reports have fun in making the report it equates to not being able to climb the ladder as fast ... there are many bros who becomes a CC or LL within 2, 3 or 4 months of joining and they enjoy themselves in the process, yet there are many others who do report and have such a hard time (in their mind) that reporting becomes a chore just because they want to climb the ladder as fast as they can ... many of these bros eventually achieves the level they want and then stops participating.
What I'm saying is if the mindset is different then things would flow much easier ... and to put your mind to rest, the RA system in this forum will stay

Recent Ratings
pickyprick   29-5-2013 13:06  Acceptance  +8   I agree.
b-man
Carnal Conqueror

UID 94715
Digest Posts 0
Credits 268
Posts 177
Karma 258
Acceptance 191
Reading Access 30
Registered 24-8-2012
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 12:57  Profile P.M. 
Remember this isn't about me.  I posted here to outline some thoughts on WHY the forum is dying.  I have no idea if it is or not as only been a member for a short time.  I wanted to help it, not get ridiculed by it!  

I outlined some thoughts, veterans took offence to it and then it became about me and I'm here for the wrong reasons.  Well, it's not about me it's about the forum and I think everybody should focus on how to have more participation if that's what you want.

Either you want to revive the forum (which I have no idea you want to or not) or let it run it's course for a slow death.  Up to you.

Recent Ratings
wander   29-5-2013 13:19  Acceptance  +5   I get ya. But just stop worrying about the "forum" and share! It'll take care if itself.
twiceAweek
Sex God

UID 1044
Digest Posts 0
Credits 21108
Posts 20494
Karma 20533
Acceptance 11498
Reading Access 110
Registered 12-4-2007
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 16:33  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4550 b-man's post

of course its not about you, we are having a discussion about participation in this forum, you put your view forward as did I as did everyone else in this thread ...

but you are the only one who thinks or even mentioned this forum is 'dying' or 'on course for a slow death' ... I can tell you as long as the English DB exists this forum will too !
b-man
Carnal Conqueror

UID 94715
Digest Posts 0
Credits 268
Posts 177
Karma 258
Acceptance 191
Reading Access 30
Registered 24-8-2012
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 19:31  Profile P.M. 
Ok dying is a strong word, but someone revived this thread due to slowing participation; slowing enough to try and do something about it.

As per wanders request, I will do my best to report and participate.

Recent Ratings
zaptz   31-5-2013 11:03  Acceptance  +4   That's the spirit! Report and participate, Bro :D
Freelancer
Master Mongerer

UID 24776
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5056
Posts 797
Karma 4968
Acceptance 1767
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 29-5-2013 21:22  Profile P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by b-man at 5/28/13 11:39 PM
b-man           5/28/13 11:39 PM          Acceptance          +1           Thanks for the details but you didn't need to outline this really. I don't get me wrong I don't think I'm being che ...

No, it had to be said.

Hopefully the issues are closed. Now let's talk about girls!
mrfast
Kinky King

UID 62600
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1237
Posts 647
Karma 1222
Acceptance 295
Reading Access 50
Registered 22-3-2011
Status Offline
Post at 30-5-2013 01:27  Profile P.M. 
Chang Ping Facebook Page

There's a bro that lives in CP and has created a FB page filled with MMs pics and videos of CP

https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Chang-Ping/295303567256115

Recent Ratings
kaleu   30-5-2013 09:26  Acceptance  +1   What is Mango 2.0?
mrfast
Kinky King

UID 62600
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1237
Posts 647
Karma 1222
Acceptance 295
Reading Access 50
Registered 22-3-2011
Status Offline
Post at 30-5-2013 09:55  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4554 mrfast's post

Mango 2.0 is the newest club that opened in CP this year - in the vein of 18 and Cali Red
Freelancer
Master Mongerer

UID 24776
Digest Posts 0
Credits 5056
Posts 797
Karma 4968
Acceptance 1767
Reading Access 80
Registered 11-5-2009
Status Offline
Post at 16-6-2013 22:55  Profile P.M. 
I'm returning to Hong Kong finally! I didn't want to start new threads on this, so here are some random questions...

Are there any bisexual/lesbian-friendly places for women in Macau? A good female friend of mine will be doing the tourist thing and I'd like to take her out for some sauna-type fun which we don't have in Canada.

Are walkups and HGs more or less busy during rainy days?

I need an internet connection for my laptop. Is it better to get a monthly prepaid plan or just use the free wifi at McDonald's? How stable is the local 3G if I wanted to use my iPhone as a hotspot?

Where can I buy Xiaomi phones?

How is the current job market for middle manager-type roles? If possible I'd like to stay long term.

Is Hong Kong Disneyland worth visiting? The ticket price is awfully high compared to how small the park is in terms of size and number of attractions. Sure it's a little more than half the price of the Disney resorts in America, but the American resorts are massive.
mrfast
Kinky King

UID 62600
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1237
Posts 647
Karma 1222
Acceptance 295
Reading Access 50
Registered 22-3-2011
Status Offline
Post at 17-6-2013 10:34  Profile P.M. 
Reply #4556 Freelancer's post

@FreeLancer:

Welcome back to HK! Perhaps we can find a time and place to party together in CP someday. Sorry, I'm not able to answer all your questions since I'm not from HK but perhaps some.

1. Lesbian Friendly Saunas. Not familiar with any. Gut tells me no-way. Is she butch? How about playmates at hotel Guia which is a strip joint. It seems that it can cater for females with lapdances and take homes. I'm not the best person to ask since I am not a lesbian and never had a need to ask those questions.

2. Job Market: HK pays non-expats dear god money. Try to find a job in whereever you come from that brings you to HK. http://www.payscale.com/research/HK/Country=Hong_Kong/Salary ; considering the cost of living, I wonder how people survive. Remember tax in HK is almost non-existant but if you're a US citizen you still have to pay tax back home!