Subject: Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok, Girl Friendly ?
haam-sap-lo
Lustful Lord

UID 8115
Digest Posts 0
Credits 945
Posts 60
Karma 939
Acceptance 129
Reading Access 40
Registered 6-2-2008
Status Offline
Post at 15-2-2024 18:44  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok, Girl Friendly ?

I have read on a number of girl friendly hotel forums that the Ambassador Hotel in Soi 11 Bangkok is girl friendly but have also read of people      being charged B1000 service charge for bringing a girl back to their room.
I have booked and paid for a double room with double occupancy - does that allow me to take a girl back without the B1000 charge ?
Anyone have any experience there ?
Thanks.
JackTheBat
Forum Moderator

UID 56406
Digest Posts 0
Credits 30955
Posts 2034
Karma 30589
Acceptance 7322
Reading Access 150
Registered 1-12-2010
Status Offline
Post at 15-2-2024 19:35  Profile Blog P.M. 

QUOTE:
Originally posted by haam-sap-lo at 15-2-2024 17:44
I have read on a number of girl friendly hotel forums that the Ambassador Hotel in Soi 11 Bangkok is girl friendly but have also read of people      being charged B1000 service charge...

Hey there haam-sap-lo, I've got some thoughts on this.

Are you a cheery guy? Do you smile and joke as you say sawatdii khap to the staff at the front desk?

You think that's irrelevant? Think again.

This is Thailand where things often don't quite work the way they're supposed to, so people are chill. There are workarounds. As long as you're fundamentally civilized, you can utilize the workarounds. How to do this?

Be fun and cheerful. If something is "against the rule" it's more important that the staff like you than whatever "The Rule" states.

The staff are there all day, and what they really dislike is guests being rude and demanding. Dieter from Zurich pounding the desk and yelling because "The Rule" isn't being followed. Yeah. There is no "Rule."

So you show up and are a fun chill guy and joke a bit with the front desk staff. Later you show up with your "girlfriend" for the double-occupancy room you booked.

You should decide in advance if you want the staff to check your girl's ID. Maybe they'll insist on it, I don't know. In any case, you can simply give them a wave as you head to the lifts and say "It's OK, mai pen rai." They like you, and you seem like you know what you are doing.

This is the real Rule. Now, I haven't tried this at the Ambassador, so maybe they have some strict policy where some staff member will attempt to extort an extra 1,000 baht from you. Could happen. If that's the case, keep your cool. Nothing will EVER be gained by opposition, smile and say you don't have cash on you, but the room you booked is after all double occupancy, and this is your girlfriend.

They might let you go up, and if that's the case, you should buy some snacks for those front desk staff for understanding that you are a decent guy who wants to enjoy time in his room which he already paid for.

This is Thailand.

Does this make sense? Let me know.

JtB

Recent Ratings
LittleWing   17-2-2024 06:58  Acceptance  +4   Yes, being friendly goes a long way...
Shanghaiabroad   16-2-2024 22:34  Acceptance  +4   
boscitc   16-2-2024 17:48  Acceptance  +8   Yup
booby_lover   16-2-2024 17:06  Acceptance  +6   Agree. Rules are usually pretty flexible if they like you.
guppyfowling   16-2-2024 04:29  Acceptance  +3   
Hobbier   15-2-2024 21:29  Acceptance  +3   
kukooo
Erotic Emperor

UID 266960
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2231
Posts 188
Karma 2191
Acceptance 791
Reading Access 60
Registered 18-3-2020
Location Bangkok
Status Offline
Post at 16-2-2024 12:01  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 haam-sap-lo's post

Best way to know is get an email confirmation from them

Reservation Email: rsvbkk1@amtel.co.th

https://www.ambassadorbkk.com/en/contact/
booby_lover
Throbbing Titan

UID 282029
Digest Posts 0
Credits 3014
Posts 191
Karma 2971
Acceptance 852
Reading Access 70
Registered 12-5-2022
Status Online
Post at 16-2-2024 17:16  Profile P.M. 
Reply #3 kukooo's post

If you booked for 2 people in a double they shouldn't be hitting you up for a surcharge cause you have already paid for 2.

The surcharge can creep in if 2 stay and you booked for one although a few times desk staff tried to charge me that the manager has always resolved the issue with no charge.

@kukooo
I think sending the hotel an email is the worst way to handle it. You will get the most conservative reply and probably your booking flagged for the surcharge as advised on phone. If you're just pleasant, like Jack said, mostly they will be pleasant and say no problem for 2.

But like I said above if He's booked for 2 it's already paid for. If for one often the surcharge can relate to breakfast.

Recent Ratings
kukooo   17-2-2024 13:00  Acceptance  +6   Thank you, I use different email for query and different one for booking Totally unrelated to my name
dienw   16-2-2024 18:08  Acceptance  +3   
JackTheBat   16-2-2024 17:57  Acceptance  +10   ^ ^ ^