Subject: Filipina bargirls bringing their Singapore game to HK?
Upright_Member
Nookie Newbie

UID 252861
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4
Posts 7
Karma 2
Acceptance 45
Reading Access 10
Registered 25-12-2018
Status Offline
Post at 15-1-2019 19:23  Profile P.M. 
Font size: S M L
Filipina bargirls bringing their Singapore game to HK?

Greetings all, new member here with a topic/question I haven’t seen discussed previously in these threads. First a bit of background: some
years ago I met and fell for (big mistake I know) a filipina bargirl in one of the BMD (= buy me drinks) bars in Singapore. We were together
for a while, but it ended in the predictable way:

Her: “I/my family needs more money for blah blah...Oh, you aren’t going to give me that money? Well then I’ll just have to go back to the
bars and earn it myself.”
Me: “Off you go then.”

Through being with her I got to know quite a bit about how these girls operate, at least in the BMD bars in SG. I am still in contact with the
girl (although no longer in a “relationship”) since we had a kid together (what on Earth was I thinking? all I can say is it seemed like a good
idea at the time…), and so I get to hear about what she is up to. For the past months she is in HK, working the bars of Wanchai as a
freelancer together with a few other filipinas from her SG days.

She told me about how she operates there; basically it sounds like she and the other girls have transplanted their Singapore BMD game into
the bars of Wanchai. I’m a bit curious about how true this is, and whether it is “the whole truth”. Not that I really give a damn, but if it is BS
then I’d like to be able to give her a knowing wink next time I see her. It will also be handy for having more to say besides “Hahaha you’ve
got to be joking” next time she tries to restart the fake relationship with me.
So I’m going to run it by you guys to see how plausible you think it is. (I have no personal experience of the Wanchai scene, only what I’ve
read in these threads.)

For those who don’t know already, the SG BMD game is as follows. Customers buy overpriced ladies drinks for the girl in return for groping,
kissing, rubbing, lap dance, etc. There is no barfine to take the girl out for sex; if you want that then the options are either to stay there and
keep buying the expensive drinks until the bar closes at 6am and she can leave with you, or make a date to see her another day in the
afternoon before she goes to work. Whether the girl agrees to this depends on the girl, how much she likes you, how hungry she is for
money, if she thinks you have “boyfriend” potential, etc. It’s actually quite rare for the girl to agree; typically she will say yes to keep you
buying drinks for her all night and then disappear at the end.

So my filipina “ex” claims that her and her friends are basically doing the same game now in the Wanchai bars. I.e. earning money from
drinks alone, without the sex side, by stringing customers along with the promise of sex later and then disappearing when the time comes.
Although if a guy is persistent enough, and buys her enough drinks over a long enough period (several nights at least) he might have a
chance to become her “boyfriend”... (I know that at least one of the girls with her has found herself a “boyfriend” there.)

How plausible does this sound to you guys? Are there really WGs in the bars there who earn their money from drinks alone and refuse to go
with guys for sex? I find it hard to believe, but on the other hand I’ve seen a few brief mentions in these threads along the lines “make sure
the girl you are interested in is not just there for drinks”, so maybe such WGs really do exist?

One reason I find it hard to believe is that I don’t see how they could earn much money, considering that most of the punters in the bars are
presumably there for takeout sex and that’s what most of the WGs are there for too. Why would a guy buy drinks for a girl all night in the
hope that she will go with him at the end when he can easily find another girl who will go with him after a drink or two? Nevertheless, my ex
claims she can earn $1000 HKD per night just from the drinks...and judging from the amount of money she is spending on nice stuff it does
look like she is earning this much if not more...

It’s not as if my ex and her friends are super hot either… she is pretty and her friends are ok but they are all mid 30s, have had kids, and I
can’t imagine they are more desirable than other WGs there. So no reason why a guy would buy drinks for them all night instead of finding
an “easier” girl.

I’d be interested to hear what you guys make of this. Maybe some of you have experience with the girls who claim to be only in the bars for
drinks and can enlighten us on the real truth of how they operate? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Recent Ratings
zebra   16-1-2019 16:20  Acceptance  +1   Nothing new here. What's new is how you talked about the mother of your child in such a depreciating way.
batman108   16-1-2019 10:54  Acceptance  +2   awesome and thanks
freakonomic   16-1-2019 01:06  Acceptance  +3   Nothing new, tbh. They used to have private rooms in some of those places where you can get a HJ, BJ or short time FS. I ...
ramont
Fucking Legend

UID 26912
Digest Posts 0
Credits 14008
Posts 2246
Karma 13850
Acceptance 3153
Reading Access 100
Registered 27-6-2009
Location HK
Status Offline
Post at 15-1-2019 22:51  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Upright_Member's post

I have limited experience on the scene in Wanchai, but from what I have experienced and read, there are definitely drink girls that just want to string guys along into buy drinks all night. But there are also girls that put in the work to have sex. I'll put is this way at least twice I have run into the same Filipino girl- mid 30's, has a kid and honestly not that hot- a bit heavy. She was a drink girl. After I said, that I was wanting action, not to keep buying drinks, she did quote me a price for a massage and HJ, but said she was on her period or some BS, so she could give me a lame massage and quick HJ for $1000+. I can't remember the exact economics of the drinks, but I think she was typical and wanted the tequila shots which I think set me back $250-280 a pop and of course, if she has friends, they get in on the action too.

At the same bar, I met a Thai girl that was much better looking that I took back to a hotel for 2 hours for $2500, which wasn't cheap, but it was a fun time.

As mentioned, I'm no pro, so I can be a bit of a sucker in these games, but there are guys that are dumber and often drunker, that will fall for games of either kind.

For the girls, it's a question of do I want a work more for more money or work less for less, but decent money.

I'm sure others could offer more and better insight though.

Recent Ratings
Upright_Member   16-1-2019 17:51  Acceptance  +1   Great info, thanks! (I would give karma if I could...)
Egopunt
Banned

UID 252585
Digest Posts 0
Credits 526
Posts 13
Karma 522
Acceptance 83
Reading Access 0
Registered 17-12-2018
Status Offline
Post at 15-1-2019 23:00  Profile P.M. 
Reply #1 Upright_Member's post

I unfortunately was one of those poor fellas that fall for that trap a couple of years ago and also ended up dating a phiilipino chick from a bar in Wan Chai. She strung me along for a while too. I would frequent it to see her and end up paying up to 600 dollars per night on the weekend. Even through all of that my naive desire for sex was not satisfied. Spent all that time and money for flirting could have been well spent on WGs more willing instead.

These days I stay away from those places and have had punting success after I stopped spending money on drinks and just spending directly

Recent Ratings
Upright_Member   16-1-2019 17:53  Acceptance  +1   Thanks for sharing your story, which helps explain how the 'drinks girls' are able to make money there. (I would give ...
Randal
Kinky King

UID 177900
Digest Posts 0
Credits 1110
Posts 201
Karma 1076
Acceptance 674
Reading Access 50
Registered 6-2-2017
Status Offline
Post at 16-1-2019 13:16  Profile P.M. 
It's the same in China

There are virtually zero Thai and Filipinos these days due to visa restrictions, but the local ladies know all the same tricks. Drinks all night in the hostess bars are the goal. The reward for this used to be FS, BJ or HJ on site if you are generous enough, but lately the location these days in Shekou makes them more conservative. Take out is more common now.

However if you are really generous and regular they make offer to be your girlfriend. However note: you WILL NOT be the only boyfriend tis girl has.

As a wise man once said "In Shekou you do not lose your girlfriend, you just miss your turn".

Recent Ratings
Upright_Member   16-1-2019 17:56  Acceptance  +1   Thanks for chiming in. Becoming the "boyfriend" of a WG is a seriously bad idea wherever you are...
freakonomic   16-1-2019 17:12  Acceptance  +3   Very true. Some friends have dated girls from different parts of China. This is a common occurrence. Lol
AussieMossie
Erotic Emperor

UID 166352
Digest Posts 0
Credits 2126
Posts 58
Karma 2118
Acceptance 166
Reading Access 60
Registered 27-11-2016
Status Offline
Post at 16-1-2019 17:21  Profile P.M. 
I would heartily recommend you read Private Dancer by Stephen Leather.

It’s a great read and available (legitimately) for free on the following link

http://nordbo.me/private-dancer/

Recent Ratings
JackTheBat   16-1-2019 23:01  Acceptance  +10   Private Dancer by Stephen Leather is a MUST-READ for all mongers.
Upright_Member   16-1-2019 17:58  Acceptance  +1   Thanks, I've already read it. It's a brilliant book, anyone who ever thinks about getting involved with a bargirl/WG i ...
Upright_Member
Nookie Newbie

UID 252861
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4
Posts 7
Karma 2
Acceptance 45
Reading Access 10
Registered 25-12-2018
Status Offline
Post at 16-1-2019 18:06  Profile P.M. 
Thanks a lot for the replies. I had envisaged the clientele at these bars as being experienced punters who knew what was available and what the options were, but as the replies show there are also new and inexperienced guys there (and tourists too no doubt, who are just there to check out the scene). So I guess these are the ones who the ‘drinks girls’ target and make most of their money from. This clears up my question - thanks!

Regarding the “nothing new here” comments in the ratings: I didn’t expect this to be new for experienced punters. However, after reading extensively in these threads (including the 30+ page thread on the Wanchai bar scene) I didn’t see any discussion of the ‘drinks girls’ apart from a couple of oblique references. So I thought it might be worth a thread for the benefit of those who don’t know about them already, plus I had a question to ask…

And I have to ask: if the drinks girls are “nothing new” then why is there no *warning* about them in these forums? They try to lure guys into getting involved with them at some level. If they succeed, in the best case the guy “only” ends up wasting a lot of time and money on them with nothing in return, cf. Egopunt’s post above. In the worst case, if the guy becomes her “boyfriend”, he is likely to have his life screwed up in a major way, as happened to me and quite a few others.

Anyway, to try to be a bit useful I will write a warning about them in separate post below.

To the person who wrote: “What’s new is how you talked about the mother of your child in such a depreciating way.”:
In case it wasn’t clear, I was basically scammed by this girl (romance scam). Having a kid with me was the biggest part of the scam. Her intention was to put me on the hook for support for the next 18 years without having to continue the fake relationship with me, leaving her free to go back to the bars to earn more money and find more suckers (“boyfriends”), leaving the kid with her mother and family.
Considering this, the way I talked about her in the OP was pretty neutral. I tried to mention it in a lighthearted way to so as not to be too seriass.

I’m certainly not the first guy to have been scammed by a bargirl like this, but unlike some others I haven’t disappeared and am sticking around to be a father for my kid as best I can in the circumstances.
freakonomic
Carnal Conqueror

UID 252234
Digest Posts 0
Credits 439
Posts 18
Karma 437
Acceptance 39
Reading Access 30
Registered 3-12-2018
Status Offline
Post at 16-1-2019 19:12  Profile P.M. 
Reply #6 Upright_Member's post

Honestly don't feel there is a need for a warning per se with regards to these women. It's a slice of the punting experience imo, and even then, you're likely to hear about them if you travel across the Southeast Asian countries. Some only work as a WG part time on their days off in a bid to try and hook a well off guy that would treat her nicely and if luck permitted, even get serious with her.

Having a kid with me was the biggest part of the scam. Her intention was to put me on the hook for support for the next 18 years without having to continue the fake relationship with me, leaving her free to go back to the bars to earn more money and find more suckers (“boyfriends”), leaving the kid with her mother and family.

This is super common in Thailand and to a growing extent, China (though one would likely hear of it less given language barrier - there are a lot less mainland Chinese that speak English compared to that of the Southeast Asian countries). When I spent a few months there in Phuket and Bangkok, it really was not uncommon to hear stories like this. Some of the stories even come from the locals.
Upright_Member
Nookie Newbie

UID 252861
Digest Posts 0
Credits 4
Posts 7
Karma 2
Acceptance 45
Reading Access 10
Registered 25-12-2018
Status Offline
Post at 16-1-2019 20:46  Profile P.M. 
I think it’s important to distinguish between bargirls who are either part time or new enough to the game, and the hardened pros who have been in the buy-me-drinks game for many years.

Many of the former would love to meet a serious and well-off guy to take care of them. I personally know of some cases where such a girl married a guy she found in the bar and they are still together and apparently happy 5+ years later.

On the other hand, the latter, i.e. the hardened BMD pros, have no wish to find a guy for a real relationship (no coincidence that they didn’t find one already, or that it didn’t work out if they did). They are simply looking to milk the guys they meet to the max, while giving the guy as little as possible in return.

These girls are dangerous if you get involved with them - they are very skilled at what they do after honing their craft for many years (learning from each other, sharing “best practices” etc); they know how to size a guy up, press his buttons so that he thinks she is a diamond in the rough and that she will be his if only he puts in enough effort (time and money)... Beware of getting involved with these girls!